Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would rather see us pass the Dodgers and get the 1 seed for the NL playoffs. I think we're going to have to beat the Dodgers to win the NL, and they play much better at home than on the road. The Nats would be a tough matchup, but getting to the Series has to be the goal.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg Barry's dad was pretty good too. Bobby never eclipsed 40 hrs, but got very close one year hitting 39. Six times he hit over 30 hrs and seven times he eclipsed 40 sb's.

And twice reached 130 runs scored. Helps when you have a guy named McCovey in your lineup.

• Options
    LongGoneDawgLongGoneDawg Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe he was more of SS the majority of his life which could be the reason. Maybe I'm wrong there so double check. I played competitive Bball for sometime, mainly at short, and I always dreaded having to play 2B. The throw was completely different then firing from short.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We activated Darren O'Day yesterday and he may get some action in this series. If he can give us some solid production, I feel as good about our bullpen as I have since O'Ventbrel were crushing people.

Martin, Greene, O'Day, and Melancon are a really good group of relievers.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke Jackson giving me an increased heart rate

• Options

We lived in a hellscape for 4 months in which Luke Jackson was our most dependable reliever. Let that sink in.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newcomb has been amazing and more aggressive out of the pen. I hope he gets a shot at starting again next year.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quote irrelevant.

Remember when you guys said Camargo was better than Donaldson

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another great game by a Braves starting pitcher. A terrible night on the base paths by Los Bravos. Don’t see why Snitker keeps running Luke Jackson out there, would like to see Swarzak and Newcomb used instead. Love watching this team play.

• Options
    loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team is really fun to watch. I wish Snit would have given O'Day an inning instead of Jackson but that was still another great win.

This is one of my favorite threads on this board. I appreciate all of y'alls comments.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never said that. What I did say is Camargo deserved to play and we should trade him if we didn't have a use for him.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best I can figure it is to eat innings to save postseason relievers arms... if not... I’m perplexed

• Options

What a great win and what a resilient team. 16-2 over the past 18 games while playing some of the best teams in baseball and beating some of the best starting pitchers in MLB.

Now for a slightly negative comment. Luke Jackson inspires a lack of confidence before he throws his first pitch. I'm 100% for players saying a quite prayer to give them strength. Jackson looks to The Heavens and literally pleads with God to get players out, that is a weakness, not faith. I changed channels while Jackson was looking to the heavens, it was like..here we go again, and sure enough. The short stretch where he didn't have all the drama he was walking determinedly to the mound, doing a quick prayer that looked more like he knew he had to do his part and went at hitters with command. God isn't his Mother, he's a professional, he needs to take responsibility.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t remember anyone specific but early in the season I had to defend him a whole lot. Ppl don’t respect the xwoba

• Options

No doubt some posters were very negative about Donaldson before he caught fire in June. I was never one of them. I always said he was a net plus and like others I thought the power would come around. I'm not saying I saw him hitting 28 homers since the middle of June though. I think it's important to make an effort to re-sign him. The guy is extremely important both for his production and the protection he gives Freeman. He's also been solid defensively and from all reports good in the clubhouse. Obviously this team has good chemistry.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We will only get better as the new relievers settle in and some of the injuries heal. Will be a fun post season. Now, if only Luke Jackson were sent to Siberia... That dude is not deserving of a spot on the roster.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was very critical of the deadline moves after the first week. I WAS SO WRONG. All 3 additions now look great and in the postseason the Braves will likely add Teheran and/or Folty to the bullpen. I see no place for Jackson at this point.

• Options

As bad as Shane Greene looked after we got him, he really turned it around. Last night was his 13th straight scoreless appearance.

When Donaldson cranked his 35th homer last night it made us the 16th team in history with three players hitting 35 or more. There’s a reasonable chance that Acuna, Freddie, and JD get to 40. Only three teams have ever accomplished that feat.

This discussion has been closed.