Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My concern with Evans at this point is, is he going to get upset if he’s down the depth chart at UGA? If he’s willing to blow up at coaches for not using him enough, what is he going to do when he is competing for carries with 4 other players just as talented as he is?

it could be Justin Fields all over again, visibly upset because he didn’t play as much as he thought he should.

With all that said I trust the staff, if that’s the guy they want to pair with Milton than, I hope UGA signs him.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Me too. There would have to be a lot more than what’s even been rumored about this one Evans incident for me to lose interest.

A 17yr old kid upset he wasn’t used properly in a game his team lost - yeah, that can be forgiven and learned from - teaching moment.

Like Chaz wanted the meatloaf, I want the Evans.

• Options
    Chitown_DawgChitown_Dawg Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You seem to have some solid inside sources on some of this stuff. A lot of times, coaches and players get into it and then cooler heads prevail. Pretty high testosterone environment. However, sometimes a player is an “Antonio Brown”. (Or the coach is out of control). Best advice seems to be to wait before we jump on any of these stories. E.G. - I bet if you asked Kirby or Landers after their supposed confrontation, the outlook wouldn’t look like it does today....

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It wasn't just that he only had 10 carries but the fact North Shore had a big lead and rather than give the ball to the top RB in the country in order to run clock if nothing else, they chose to watch that lead disappear and lose the game. Honestly, I question their maturity as much if not more than I would his...their willingness to sacrifice a game to prove some point in their mind seems petty af.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nobody is downplaying it - it is more folks on the opposite end of spectrum overdramatizing it. The blowup with the coaches is a red flag - but that is all it is - it’s not disqualifying. Before UGA takes Evans commitment I have ZERO doubt that Kirby or Dell or both would have a discussion about it and about how it won’t be tolerated at UGA.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn't the AD getting involved suggest that perhaps Evans wasn't totally at fault?

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The AD getting involved certainly suggests that the coach or coaches may also have some fault. But the fault seems to be how coaches reacted to the outburst.

But it is never ok for a player to react the way Zach reacted. His actions cannot be justified or lessened. Certainly not because we, as fans, want him to be our RB.

Again, I'm in no way suggesting that Zach isn't a take or that he can't recover from this and come out stronger on the other side - but certainly can't be blown off and not a concern. I certainly believe and hope that he can still thrive at Georgia.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Good insight. (Honestly... not sarcasm)

The reason you missed it is because it hasn’t fully come to light.

Speculation and conjecture. Jury is forming without being informed... jmho

This discussion has been closed.