Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys are really good.

Gonna win the division by 10 games.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Julio will be a starter in postseason. He could also be the designated ultra long reliever if a starter spits the bit early in a game. Folty has the arm to crank it up to max for an inning or 2 if needed.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got so excited watching Tennessee lose I forgot to watch the Braves tonight, glad they won though! If they keep playing like this we could be witnessing some special baseball in a month

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great win tonight. Now we need to get that sweep tomorrow.

• Options

3 of 4 would have been a great bargain going into the series, of course now a sweep would be great The pitching matchup is Soroka vs Scherzer, it don't get much better than that.

• Options
    loxahatcheedawgloxahatcheedawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Braves are now 2.5 games behind the Dodgers with 19 games left. The Dodgers are 55-19 at home and 37-32 away.

• Options

We've knocked 7 games off their lead over the 17-2 run. They've gone 10-9 over that period.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe they've been resting players and such. I'm much more impressed with our streak which has been done against pretty darn good competition.

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One more for the 🧹

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

3 out of 4 over the Nationals. We’ll take anytime.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be honest - did anybody imagine Donaldson would be shooting for 40 homers this season? He, more than anything, is the reason this team’s ceiling is the World Series and not a second round exit like last year.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I did not. At the time, I was definitely questioning the signing, but that is why AA is where he is, and I’m not.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was kind of excited but let’s be real. His last All-Star appearance was in 2016 and he didn’t exactly set the world on fire the last couple of years. Just a virtuoso signing by AA this year but I have to think Donaldson has exceeded even his expectations

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope they can find the money to re-sign him for a few more years, he’s been a lot of fun to watch

• Options

Can’t call him Faulty any more was spot on tonite. If he can only keep up his recent pace, a big boost coming into the playoffs. Whatever they did for him in Gwinnett, I hope he never has to return except to shop in the winter. Meanwhile, the “bringer of rain” continues to produce and junior is warming up a bit.

• Options

I would try to sign Donaldson for at least 2 more years, and 3 wouldn't be out of the question.

Folty was excellent tonight. I don't know if management followed our advise and hired a sports phycologist but his demeanor is night and day from what it was earlier in the season. He looks very confident and the results have been terrific of late. The team will have some tough decisions to make come playoff time if all 5 starters keep dealing like they have been recently.

• Options

2 would be ideal but i’d Also go 3 to get the 2.

• Options

The Braves now have a decent shot at having 3 players with at least 40 HRs this season. Only 3 teams in MLB history have managed it. The 1973 Braves did it and 2 Rookies teams did it when balls were flying out of Coors that would have been popups anywhere else. Acuna and Freeman are on pace to hit 42, Donaldson is on pace to hit 41.

• Options

Of course I mean Rockies, not rookies, I don't smell (spell) so good.

This discussion has been closed.