Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t have a solution other than hopefully flip a guy. Not saying it’s Dell’s fault but missing on Sanders last year was excused by the fact that this year’s class was uber deep and we could get two elite guys. Next year’s class not so much apparently.

Still plenty of time for a flip but Clayton is not Evans. I DO love how @SoFL_Dawg said pretty much the same thing about Clayton as me...ie...he’s way down the list...yet he gets no DVs lol.

Sorry if I think RB recruiting is every bit as important at UGA as the defensive position players or OL we obsess about. If we missed out on Burch, Dexter, and the other top 10 DL guys on the board and everyone suddenly said that an unheralded guy out of Louisiana was just as good...there might be a few doubters...😉

• Options
    HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Which J Robinson was this?? Our Justin Robinson is a great guy.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the staff did in fact move on from Evans, what does our rb board look like? I’m assuming Chaney Jr is at the top of the list, but what does our top 5 look like, in order? Will the staff keep pushing to flip Chaney, as long as it takes, or do they take a commit from someone in October \November? Seems like outside of Evans, the talent gap is pretty tight for the next tier of backs.

• Options
    HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lee and crisp county kid. Gotcha

• Options
    1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options

Still plenty of time and I agree. I just don’t like being peed on and being told it’s raining. The Bigsby level guys are one thing but Clayton is not comparable IMO.

Then again I don’t think we’ve actually heard he’s a priority target now. I’m sure he’s a good player and a great kid who will tear it up at Kansas and apparently he has family members on this board. As I said, this is RBU.

• Options
    dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I also think it'll be interesting to see other schools deal with this situation as well. Does this open up new opportunities for different schools? Will be interesting to see the visits he takes going forward.

• Options
    JdawgfanJdawgfan Posts: 173 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about we let staff do their jobs and not complicate things by talking about the recruits in ways that could make that job harder. If we know how to evaluate talent, we would have one of those high-paying jobs with UGA.

• Options
    darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would love if we got Chaney but I'm Ok with not signing another RB. I think Kenny Mc and Milton are gonna be studs

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly. I also don't think that anyone is calling Clayton the answer, but you deal with what your dealt.

• Options

I’m giving my opinion. Apologies if it’s not popular or if it doesn’t seem nice to hard working players. Though again, it’s hilarious how y’all are up in arms at my not being impressed with Clayton yet SoFL said essentially the same thing(including that he wasn’t sure about a guy with a Kansas offer) yet no one would dare to DV him. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cook hasn't showed anything to assume he will get carries out back field next year. He hasn't flashed to me coming out the backfield. I see him in slot again next year taking sweeps .

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm OK with your opinion. Again, I'm just curious about your frustration. Don't understand what else Georgia could have done.

You seem upset about the situation and I don't understand why.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

it's the way you said it that was different than him. he had a ton more qualifiers in his opinion than you. I think that's where you're getting the DV pushback

• Options

So I just heard that we decided to move on from Ringo...the #1 CB in the country. But not to worry! We’re currently in the lead for the #11 CB in the country Kitan Crawford out of TX and he’s just as good so no need for worry!

See what I did there according to 247 rankings just at different positions? But I’m sure I’m the only one who would question that tradeoff. /s 🙄

• Options

Yeah. I’m suuuure that’s the difference. And I’m seriously the only one who’s said that they weren’t buying that Clayton is as good as other backs. 🙄

This discussion has been closed.