Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, @JeffSentell on page 70 of his Hurry Up thread said not to tout that you (anyone) know what will happen with Evans. So, there.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with the letting it go part but why are we forced to feign happiness? He's not in this program and the most you can expect someone to feel is the same for anyone else that's not part of this program: hope he gets his education and stays healthy but mostly just indifference.

Since I overtly dislike Ohio State, I can't even say I hope he's successful.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's a wise sage in this regard. Knowing the circumstances around Evans, you can count on one thing. Kirby is keeping a tight lid on information and intentions. There's no email server in a closet somewhere in Colorado on this baby.

• muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SoFL even said in bold text in the Evans post “So, it has not been confirmed that we are no longer pursuing Evans, but all indicators are pointing that way.”

Worst case he is wrong about saying he thinks we are moving away. I know I’d much rather have him give us his recruiting information and occasionally be off on something than only ever post once something is 100% locked in. But let’s get after him about something that we don’t even know is wrong yet and run him off again...

You've got it wrong pal. Someone else from the state of Florida brought up your post on BI. They wanted to know who you were and if you were a true "insider".

• ShadowSL14ShadowSL14 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd say his posts on here are more than enough to give that away... >.>

@texdawg

"In regards to the incidents that Evans was involved in - @SoFL_Dawg was dead on.

• The incident in question received a lot of reports. I did not read SoFL_Dawgs account of what went down, so I don't know how right he is about the situation. If Kirby sent Dell to go investigate then I suspect a lot of what has been speculated is incorrect.

In regards to the fact that Evans has tried to commit to UGA a couple of times in the past few weeks and Georgia wouldn't accept yet - he is dead on.

• I'm looking into this one. He may well be right.

Whether or not Georgia has moved on from Evans or not - all @SoFL_Dawg can do is trust his sources.

• I'm hearing that Georgia has NOT moved on prior to this weekend. That may have changed when Dell reported back to Kirby what he learned on his trip.

Is it possible things could change? Sure. Is it possible the staff is still monitoring the situation? Sure. 

• From what I'm hearing they are monitoring the situation. I think given our understanding of how Dell is perceived by recruits that coach has been advising Zach.

But regardless what the other sites say - if Georgia had zero issues with Evans - he would be committed by now.

• That assumes he was prepared to commit already.

If you don't trust @SoFL_Dawg info that's fine. But it seems that you just didn't like the bad news and you were determined to read somewhere that contradicted the info.

• It has nothing to do with liking or disliking the "news" about Zach. I'm still in a wait and see mode. Regarding SoFL_Dawg, he is what he is.
  • RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

BTW, my post was not downing insider info. Don't know if you read it that way. My point I was attempting to make was not to bash the messenger because you don't happen to like what they say. SoFl got slammed by some folks who wanted Evans simply because he brought word that we may be moving on. I was just saying that if staff is moving on, there is an easily deducible reason—even without inside info—as to why that's ok and that there's no reason to get mad.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    • “I'm hearing that Georgia has NOT moved on prior to this weekend. That may have changed when Dell reported back to Kirby what he learned on his trip.”

Key word from @Casanova_Flatulence is PRIOR to this weekend, meaning your info may be now outdated.

See pic below, screen shot of SFL’s OP (in it you will see it mentions the past two days which, would be end of weekend Sunday and Monday morning).

• JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crystal ball for Len'Neth Whitehead to USCjr. I think @SoFL_Dawg said he wanted to be a RB, which is why his recruitment dropped off. I wonder if this means a) he's being recruited as an ILB, b) he's being recruited as a second RB to pair with Lloyd, or c) he's being recruited as insurance for when Lloyd decommits?

LOL, I could care less about you and you should know that by now, because I rarely read your posts. If I want trustworthy information about recruiting news I read Sentell, listen to Adams Podcast and check other sources I trust.

This discussion has been closed.