Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• topcheftopchef Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

Is there a RB that we have been recruiting harder than others outside of Evans? I know there are 4 or 5 names floating around, but who is the guy that was next on the list? My gut says Chaney and I think we could flip him from the U way easier then even getting a seat at the table for B. Robinson. I truly believe that kid is all Texas. It's a shame about Evans though. I really hope that kid figures it out and lands somewhere that he can grow. You can have all the talent in the world, but your head and attitude have to be in the right place else you might not get to show it.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we earned an official from B Robinson I'd be surprised, and if he committed to UGA I'd be something similar to surprised but way more...

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evans has rare talent, and it is way too bad for everyone involved things went the way they went. Time to move on. We're going to be fine, and we are still getting a physical freak in K Milton...Hindsight being 20/20 I really, REALLY wish we would have gone all in on the Georgia boy Tank, but I definitely see the reason we went hard in the paint after Zach. Sucks for all involved.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there was a physical altercation it’s the coaches fault? Without even knowing the details? Impressive

• abatch21abatch21 Posts: 29 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wait, are we really moving on from Ringo? Or is this fake news? I haven't seen this posted anywhere

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No. He was trying to make a point and used it as an example. He did use the /s.

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019
  • EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to someone who's name rhymes w/ "Musty" - Evans is still a take. Makes sense as why else would they send Dell out to Texas.

• EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Fields absolutely made the right call - he was too talented to sit and anyone begrudging that kid and his family from moving on are just wrong. I know "the waiver, the waiver"....nobody on here knows the whole deal on that and some media hack put it out there - neither Fields, his family, Kirby nor anyone else official did - NCAA operates under a cloud and the transfer portal is what it is.

Fields is ballin' - let it go and be happy for him. If you can't - that's on you.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My 15-year old daughter - a die-hard Dawg, thank you - saw the Ohio State highlights as we were watching football Saturday, and huffed out loud. I HAVE NOT made any - ANY - comments about this entire situation at home. Just haven't - I haven't intentionally left it out of conversation, we just always talk Georgia and our players and rarely discuss anyone else (except Clemson - she will not wear Orange, and that's her call...).

When I asked her why she reacted that way, her comment was "He was one of us, he was supposed to be committed, and then he left us. There's just something wrong with that..."

My response (just to be contrary): "Can't you just be happy for him?"

Her retort: HUFF..."I guess" HUFF...

I changed the channel.

That was her natural reaction. I am glad it was. Is that jealousy? Maybe. Is that sensing something is off about this whole deal? Maybe. Is that the wrong reaction for a 15 year old to have? Maybe. Is part of that loyalty to the Dawgs? Absolutely.

There is a slice of reality where she can "let it go," and still not be "happy for him." I am OK if she wants to live there.

• NoahSewellFanClubNoahSewellFanClub Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah after reading all of the takes since SoFl made that post... I'm going to reserve comment until we see what happens. I'm willing to believe that we'd give up on a player, if it truly results in a major altercation. I'm also willing to believe that they understand these young men are 17 years old and can make mistakes. If it wasn't isolated then I believe that it is justified. I have a hard time seeing our coaching staff giving up on a young man because of one incident, especially if it didn't lead to anything physical. But again, everyone, these are rumors, this is a young man, and you guys need to save your hate or vitriol for someone else. You guys don't know him or the situation. I hope that this young man finds success and maybe it comes as a Dawg, maybe it doesn't but let's hold off on the judgement of these young players, football is often all that they care about and can be very emotional for them, especially for the ones who are not used to losing.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I read several of your posts regarding this topic. I've also read posts by others with as close of ties to the program as yours. They've all said to ignore what was said regarding Evans.

Carry on.

This discussion has been closed.