Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No you’re right we need to get rid of Markakis, although he’d be a fine 4th outfield bench option. Frankly I’m surprised we didn’t move on from him last year.

Id like JD to return, i would also like kuechel back. Except we should probably realize kuechel is maybe a number 3 and shouldn’t be a 2 playoff starts a series guy lol what a joke.

Keep folty, probably won’t get much for him in a trade, think he only has 1 year left anyway.

It’s past time we make a big free agent signing or trade, it should have happened last year. We need to push the chips in enough to be an actual WS contender. That means 1-2 upper tier starting pitchers, get a legit corner outfield bat an another plus player, and figure out the bullpen

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JD with a 14 run homer!!!

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Baseball season is done for me. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate that it ended like this. Sucks to not even get to watch but 1/2 an inning of a game 5. Sure was a fun season though up til today of course. Hope we can add a big time starter next year to go with soroka fried and whoever else. Really need a closer too. Anyways that’s next year. Go dawgs!!!!!!

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too bad he didn’t show up the rest of the series. We could be waiting to see who we would face between the gnats and dodgers.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn't have to be either or. Also, I assume you've never had the experience of struggling to be looked at like a regular human being.

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my opinion we need a TRUE ACE, whatever it cost, if you want to be competitive you got to spend money, Braves need to get off that money

• Options

It's a lot on Folty, that was about as bad a 1 out performance as I've seen. It was the whole team over those 3 innings though, just a huge choke job. The curse lives.

• Options

It just hit me....**** !

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think anyone looks to sports mascots to see any realistic depiction of a culture or group of people. This all blew up back in the 90's with FSU and the Seminoles. A group of people were protesting and making a huge fuss over the issue. As I recall, the elected leader of the modern day Seminole people came out and publicly stated they felt honored that the University chose them as a symbol for the school.

To be clear, if teams decided they wanted to change their mascots to something more... neutral (?) I wouldn't oppose that. I have just never thought of it as being that big of an issue. There is a very real segment of our culture these days that seems to be looking for something to be offended by.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just thankful I did not have to sit through the whole game to see us lose in the ninth inning.

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2019

How about a NYC team changing it's name to The Southern Rednecks ? Their mascot could be a slack jawed yokel in coveralls with bad teeth. They could chant Yeeehaw !

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

#1. I see nothing about the Braves mascot that is intentionally demeaning or belittling. The black face mime comparison is a red herring.

#2. In your hypothetical Southern stereotype mascot example: that sounds a little dumb and i would question why they made that choice but speaking as someone who has lived in the South my entire life I wouldn't be offended by it in the least.

• Options
    aross822aross822 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

piss poor managing and the obvious need of a closer keeps rearing it’s **** head. Soroka should have gotten multiple starts instead of the “World Series veteran” there’s a time and place for him. It’s advice and talking to the better pitchers throughout the game and not out on the mound burying any chance we have. Hope the battery is making some cash because they need to spend it on a corner outfielder, starter, and a big bullpen guy. Mad Bum isn’t the answer either he’s simply a replacement for DK. He ain’t Mad Bum from 3-4 years ago.

• Options

I think the rotation made sense. Soroka has been a great road pitcher and average at home all season. I don't recall anybody predicting Folty would revert back to Foldy.

This discussion has been closed.