Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens was committed to the barn almost two years before flipping to UGA on signing day. I’ve got to believe Kirby and staff have a couple of top guys still on the line to make up for these late misses.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is spot on. I don’t think fans realize that their views on things aren’t the same as the parents and players making decisions.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ve beaten them 12 of the last 15. While the games are usually a battle, it hasn’t been much of a rivalry the last 15 years.

I don’t say that to discount what you’re saying. Just pointing out that our guys want to win that game just as badly as the Georgia boys in the Auburn team want to win.

• Options
    GaK9sGaK9s Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ Junior

Walker!?! ****. awbarn paying folks again? **** just ****

• Options
    DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nonplussed about Zy. Wish him well, but I hope that means good things brewing about Burch. I think we’d all prefer him anyway.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was never an “either/or” though. Burch always has had a spot if he wants it.

• Options
    DawgatronDawgatron Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Kurgan smells what I was stepping in. I’m hoping it meant Zy didn’t want to compete with Burch for reps; not that they both wouldn’t have spots.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree missing on ZW as a player isn't the end of world...the problem is if the staff were very surprised by it...if they were caught unaware by the fact that Auburn (and possibly Florida) were ahead of us in his pursuit. This, combined with the miss on Sewell, leaves me concerned about how valid their optimism for other high recruits is when there is smoke from other programs that those players are trending in their direction.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wanted someone, anyone, to commit more than I wanted Walker in particular.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The overwhelming prevailing view that he was a UGA lock within the media that covers recruiting leads me to believe that. If there was an inkling he was going elsewhere insiders within the program would have started to leak it to lay the foundation before his decision and soften the blow especially coming off of an official visit.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
This discussion has been closed.