Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

International Travel Destinations

Comments

• jwithnelljwithnell Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

I found Quebec City charming and I love just about everything to do with British Columbia. I'm trying to get to Cumbria in England which has strong family connections for me.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spain and Portugal can be great choices they offer a lot of different choices on what you can do... everything from wine tours to bull fights and great food!

• imagadawg62imagadawg62 Posts: 56 ✭✭ Sophomore

Scotland. Went there for about 7 days and loved it. So much history and great sites.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Austria and Hungary are great locations. You can stay in Vienna for a few days and then take a boat down the Danube to Budapest and travel home from there.

My other favorite place is Victoria, British Columbia. Easy to get there, and it’s easy to stay since it’s Canada. Watch Orca pods, travel in 1000 year old Cyprus forests, and see cool sites around Victoria.

• dawg1119dawg1119 Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

Highly recommend Prague and Budapest. Very cool cities and the food/beer is super cheap. Heard Bratislava is similar but didn't make it there.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Costa Rica was amazing!

barbados was beautiful

jamaica is cheaper, don’t leave compound at night

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ĺive close to Costa Rica. Go there 3-4 times a year. Very pretty. Only problem with Costa Rica is Costa Ricans. Might only be because I live in Central America and understand the culture but a little too "smug" for me compared to other countries here.

• CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Absolutely loved a trip I took a few years ago. Flew to Southhampton UK, met a friend and we slowly meandered up the countryside to London from there. We did London and Paris via EuroStar after but the countryside trip was a blast.

• CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Speaking of....flying out in the morning for my first trip to Vegas! I'm not a gambler so it's never been a priority but this trip is partially business so impossible to pass up. Hoping my Dawgnation brothers and sisters can point me in the right direction!

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you've got the money and want to disconnect from the world. Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful places Ive ever seen in my life. Especially the overwater bungalow. I also enjoy Seychelles in Africa. Nice beach and gorgeous environment.

• carnivorecarnivore Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Japan, Japan, Japan.

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So many cool places in the USA if you take the time to look. People from every other country dream of coming here. Siesta Key is a top 10 beach in the world, try the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Maui, Glacier National Park, NYC, San Francisco, Washington DC.