Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with you man. I've been annoyed at CNN specifically for what I perceive to be some biased reporting and all. Sharing news and updates is important too. All in this together.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I'm fine with sharing links. I usually spend some time in search of good news myself. Italy has had their cases/deaths trending lower the last few days

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As per the OP, just checking in…. The numbers of positive cases are growing very quickly at our hospital system (at least the one I work for). Many projects happening – moving existing floors to open new floors specifically for COVID, moving office space around to generate more patient rooms, even opening full floors in older buildings for the influx. All of this happening every day with the same staff – not hiring anyone else to help with projects. We’re pretty much at a skeleton staff as of now with all the extra work being added. I’m completely drained at the end of every day.

Stay safe! Follow the “right things” to do and lets’ get through this guys!

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, is there toilet paper in the US yet?

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsauce Are you okay? Haven't seen anything from you in a while.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well it’s late at night on March the 30th. My family is ok, I’m still ok, and I continue to pray that all of y’all are still ok too. I was pretty sad to hear that Covid-19 took the Country music singer Joe Diffie. Prayers daily from me for each and every one of you, and your families too. Good night DAWGS.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm convinced the telephone is the worst invention of all time.

• Options

Bad news guys. We went from 98 confirmed cases on March 1 to 164,785 at the end of March. If that rate doesn't slow down we're gonna have 465 trillion cases by the end of May.

• Options

Isn't Germany handling this remarkably well? They're right around a 1% mortality rate.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod
    edited March 2020

Honestly I've no idea. I can tell you that my immediate area seems fine. The nearest big city (Kaiserslautern) had about 40 cases last time I checked. That was about a week ago. I try to stay away from the news these days. The leadership I work for pushes out regular updates and I choose to follow that. One of my coworkers follows the virus news pretty close and he stated he thought the Germans did a good job. They were doing a lot of testing and then following it up with extensive tracing, testing the contacts and continuing the process from there. He also thinks the germans did a good job at containment early on. I hope that answers your question. Sorry I cant be more definitive. I try to control what I can control and not get worked up by outside noise.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CT national guard was activated today to run a regional hospital out of a local university.

This discussion has been closed.