Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bad Look for Dabo

Comments

• CLT_DawgCLT_Dawg Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2020

But to stay on topic here, I agree with Kasey and others. Dabo will spin this (and there are mitigating circumstances). It would be better, from a player PR perspective, if he wasn't tepid in his response to the George Floyd shooting (plus his stand on money for players). But he will still spin his way out of anything.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something that has always shocked me about Clemson in general is that their focal point building of Tillman Hall is named after a racist individual

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the semifinal game against osu Dabo said he told the guy that made the last interception that he was going to make the game winning interception. There is no way he actually said that, but he does cringey stuff like this all the time. Someone needs to teach him about the woes of the Pharisees as well.

• PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's sanctimonious like Hugh Freeze, but hasn't been caught with hookers..yet.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know."

Dabo strikes me as someone who thinks that he knows things that he doesn't really know. He has that kind of televangelist bent (which is why Joel Ostarine is a great nickname).

Timing couldn't be worse right now for Dabo, but I imagine that he'll recover.

I'm not saying he's cultivating criminals, but winning championships will get you out of situations that other coaches might not survive.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

Yes- I should have clarified. I knew what you meant and it's a perfectly valid point. Was trying to make a more general observation.

Dabo may turn out to be a fraud like Freeze or a bad guy like Meyer. I just think a man is innocent until proven guilty. (I know that's an old-fashioned concept these days.) Again, not directing that toward you.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I’m not accusing him of a crime, but he seems a little too phony for me...speaking for myself.

I think Joel Osteen is a good comparison where there’s no dirt out there about him, but he’s had Just enough slip ups (Houston hurricane) to make me question how bent he is...because we all are

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At UGA: a baseball player says the n word in the stands about Fields. Another student over hears and reports him. What does UGA do? Take away the players scholly. (And was he kicked out of school?) This helped pave a way for Fields to gain immediate playing time. Not to mention there was negative publicity for this.

If you’re a CU player not getting PT or unhappy, wouldn’t this be the type of thing you could transfer and get immediate eligibility? This deserves the negative publicity, how was this allowed without negative immediate punishment?