Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers sent for you. I'm also praying that you have neighbors or friends that can check in on you.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get well soon and go to hospital if you start struggling for breath. Don't leave it too late. All the best.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Florida last 3 days by age range

Reminder that at the end of May daily cases were running around 750 with 250 (35%) of those were 55+.

Even though the % of older people has dropped to just over 21%, 21% of 9,500 is way way more than 250. In fact it's 1,949 per day (almost 8 times as many).

NOTE: The Daily for 7/3 is in fact the total for the 10 days that the system was down.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May God be with you brother! Stay strong, fight! My prayers for you !

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You and those you know are in my prayers. Let us know how things are going.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teddy,

I agree that we need to get back on to the topic of the thread, which is Covid19. I also need to say I'm pretty upset at you for jumping in when BrooklynDawg expresses his anger and views from the left, but time after time, equally strong views from the right were expressed and nothing was said. I mean there was a poster on here calling me derogatory names like libturd and nothing was said. Nothing.

If we are going to call on folks to be civil and stay on topic, let's call it both ways.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Because I don't want all these visitors from other states returning to New York and ruining our hard work". Geesh. Sounds a little McCarthy like.

Thanks Teddy. I can't find the post that really set me off. I really appreciate the effort you put into being fair and appreciate you sharing that.

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Fair, thats not the best word choice. I apologize. But, it's a real concern not only of people from other states but New Yorkers who left to go places that are open and will bring the virus back with them. And remember when Rhode Island was putting stickers on NYC cars, or Florida was forcing New Yorkers to quarantine off the plane?

However, I should say, Maine isn't all great, someone slashed my tires when we first got there. I couldn't figure out if it was because we had New York tags or are African American. Likely a bit of both.

I do not in any way understand your reference to McCarthy.

New York endured an enormous sacrifice shutting down and flattening the curve on Covid19 - something they absolutely do not want to do again. Other states have escalating Covid19 cases and New York doesn't want them reigniting the virus in New York. Therefore they are trying to keep people from high infection rates from visiting New York.

McCarthy used the accusation of communism, homosexuality and being a traitor against America to attack many including patriots like George Marshal, the Secretary of State who initiated the Marshal plan to fight Russia and communisim in Europe. McCarthy often made up these attacks and was one of the very few senators ever in history to be cenusred by the US Senate.

In summary, you have a state trying to reduce the spread of a virus from states with docuemented and factually provable higher levels of the virus and you have a paranoid lunatic who saw communism everywhere and attacked everyone without any facts. I don't see any similarity at all.

edited July 2020

Sorry. I shouldn't have used a comparison to a "paranoid lunatic". It just seems like we are taking this obligation to wearing masks too far.

Someone said when I asked why I needed to wear a mask and responded "because you could k i l l me.

But how can I k i l l you if I'm not sick?

Look, I live in NE Georgia about 30 miles from Athens. Jackson county has about 80,000 residents in the whole county. And to date only about 10 fatalities have been reported. Eighty percent of residents here don't wear masks. A statistic probably repeated thousands of times in small town USA. But if I lived in New York, I'd probably act differently.

Scientifically, my risk is low. I'm a healthy 67-year old with no underlying conditions. But if I lived in a big city like New York, I'm sure societal pressure would obligate me to wear one. So I would.

And keep in mind that not all cases (and deaths) are reported the same. If they were, you wouldn't see such divergent mortality rates. Ga, Cal, Fl, Texas mortality rates of about 92-260 per 1mm people. NY/NJ around 1700 per mm people?

Are we to assume that people living in NY or New Jersey are that much less healthy than the rest of the country? I think not.

And while there is a "surge" in new cases, one has to consider other contributing factors: more testing, single cases being counted more than once, and more young people being counted -- whose risk of mortality from Covid is much lower.

Mortality rates are low and dropping. 2200 new cases in Ga, but just 3 new deaths yesterday. So I see improvement.

Hospitalizations OTH are increasing in some areas, but my sense is that many of those people will survive based on new therapies and the age and overall health of "new patients".

@DGDinNYC Dang man. That sucks. I'm sorry you were treated that way.

This discussion has been closed.