Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just got tested at Miller Park in Cobb Co. Took 45 minutes; however, 25 of them were whike I was next in line because some ahole decided to bring 6 people on one appointment. The guy lectured then but tested all of them anyway.

I have only had a headache and a little congestion but I see old people so figured err on the side of caution.

If you want your results back faster, tell them you care for someone in the high risk group in your test survey.

My neighbors still dont have results after two weeks, but my wife received her’s in two days.

• Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I stop by from time to time to trade info and stay informed. If you wouldn't mind keeping politics out of this specific thread, I personally would appreciate it. Apart from it being the one topic guaranteed to derail this thread and send likely send it to an early death, it's just a topic I try to avoid.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My post gave the cases by age split prior to June 20th, June 20th to July 3rd, July 4th to July 17th

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

I kind of gave up on the echo chamber stuff. Have I missed anything?

P.S. This should actually be titled 3.0. There were 2 original posts that got shut down because.... well hell I don't really know.

• Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think I'm qualified to answer any of those questions. You can probably reach out to that guy, however. I think it was originally a Facebook post but I don't have Facebook so I can't check for you.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Deaths of those over 55 is 93% of the total. If you take the difference between the total and the 55+ total that will leave others. The CFR of those combined is 0.14%

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What percentage of deaths are over 70? Probably still over 85%.

I don't know......I'm curious to know.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Tex, you didn't ask me, but as of yesterday FL deaths are broken down on the chart I posted (all~):

92% 55+

82% 65+

62% 75+

34% 85+

Just under half of the total deaths were from nursing homes.

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok I surrender .... this thread is about the sky is falling, we are all gonna die ... no football - ( how could you even suggest ! ) y’all all hover in fear and hope The Gov and Biden will rescue you in the fall

• Options

15 % of the population is 65 or older. Yet they make up 80% of covid deaths.

In the US I believe less than 30,000 people under the age of 65 have died of covid.

The lives of those 65 and older are certainly precious.....my parents are 74. But things can be done to protect that vulnerable population.

If we remove the aporox 57,000 nursing home deaths......less than 90,000 people of all ages have died from Covid 19.

90,000 is certainly a big number.....but there are over 350,000,000 in this country.

That is .0002% of the country.

Why aren't we opening all things up? What is the real reason? Why would a state even consider moving football to the fall?

I don't get it.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s not about dying, all the hospitals are almost full in Florida. No room for people who need to birth a child, car accidents , other medical emergencies and procedures. That’s all it’s ever been about , overloading of the health care system.

• Options

Even further......there are 298,000,000 people in the US. I believe less than 30,000 of that 298,000,000 have died of covid19.

• Options

I understand that.

But this country has the ability to create as many temporary hospitals as are needed. It isn't that difficult.

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have a temporary hospital right next to me on Miami Beach at the convention center that is not being used. Why? There is not enough staff to run it right now . There’s not enough health care workers to work every hospital and temporary hospital . Travel Nurses and Doctors are at a very high demand right now and there just simply isn’t enough. First hand knowledge from a very close friend, high ranking health care professional.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

FL is tracking hospital beds pretty carefully. (All ~) 60.6K total beds; 12.9K available; 9.5K of the beds are occupied by people with a primary diagnosis of CV 19, or about 15.6% of the total beds right now.

• Options

So our country of 350,000,000 can't find enough temporary nurses and doctors to staff some temporary hospitals?

It seems our country, especially the media, is more interested in posting numbers and talking about how bad everything is......instead of coming up with reasonable solutions.

This will turn out to be the most embarrassing response to a crises that our country has ever experienced. And I'm not blaming the person many want to blame.

God help us if Russia or China ever attacked. We'd just cancel sports and wonder what do we do now.

(No disrespect to our military and police.... I know you'd do your part)

This discussion has been closed.