Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My point ws the news implies that every hospital in Florida is full and stacking bodies on the sidewalks but nobody can seem to give a specific hospital that this is happening to. Someone on here linked a story to how the 3 hospitals in Clay county had overflowing ICUs. First of al there aren't 3 real hospitals in Clay county one is an Emergency room only and another is a elder convalescent hospital. Second the one my wife works at has seen an uptick but not near capacity.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why stop with @texdawg ?

I don't mean this to be personal, but it is worth pointing out someone else also said he was going to leave the thread. Now he just gives out anonymous DV's and UV's chippy comments from only one side of the discussion. Does that not fan the flames? Small coincidence that the same person who said they were leaving the discussion is also the one who got Tex riled up by giving him DV's.

The DV's are ultimately what will cause the thread to be closed, because they do stir people up. One of the rules for the thread were "No DV's" for that very reason. I wish the board would just eliminate them entirely..

In reality, maybe you are right that closing the thread might be best. It certainly seems to be what you prefer. It's not even like the information here is helpful to anyone. This has really turned in to the "Florida Covid Thread", yet the accuracy of the numbers out of Florida is questionable, and leading to daily arguments. Now we have someone accusing others of being cavalier about human life. Gonna be hard to come back from that one.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

You can tag me when you want to talk about me.

@texdawg asked for a response, I gave him one.

If it pleases the court i'll go back to my dastardly UV parties

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I will say this for the last time, I have asked nicely a few times about the complaining about the down votes to stop yet it persists. I never once asked him to leave the thread, it is his choice to take his ball and go home not mine.

We have let a lot of things slide but I get tired of asking for the same thing over and over and instead of closing it up, I may use other options for people and I mean EVERYONE who posts their snarky comments. Now back to the thread topic but I will not warn anyone else just use the options that I have been given.........carry on

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t understand. If one or two people complain about DV’s, why not just deal with those individuals? I appreciate this thread’s topic and the discussion.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

@Denmen185 , understand that you live in Fla. and it's nasty there right now so you're focusing there. Have you been paying any attention to Texas? If so, would be interested in your take. edit: or anyone else with knowledge of Texas.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am genuinely curious about a couple things in this post. Maybe it could help my mindset. You say you and you’re wife are out of work and your frustrated (and I’m sure you know by now my wife and I are in the same boat). But then you said your freedoms haven’t gone anywhere, it’s what we’ve chosen to do with those freedoms.

I read it a couple times and I don’t know what you mean exactly. It seems contradictory to me. I understand that’s a pretty personal question and I’m fine with it if you don’t care to answer.

Either way... I admire the fact that you can roll with it like that. Good for you

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thought for awhile it comes down to common sense. If we want back to some kind a normal. don't be an a$$, wear a mask, social distance, realize you are the problem if you don't.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just for kicks and giggles...

Is working a freedom in our country? If so, closing schools takes that freedom away.

Long time ago our government decided to socialize child care in our country cause they thought it was important, thought it was an important freedom.

It has been taken away for many...

Disclaimer - there probably are a FEW places in our country where taking away this freedom temporarily is prudent. A few.

edited July 2020

Guys...more than willing to talk about something if you want to tag me in it. No need to subtweet me.

I suppose working is a freedom. But nothing has stopped me from going out and getting another job in the meantime, I've just chosen not to considering my current circumstances. People were laid off or lost their jobs in 2007/08 due to the recession. I lost mine in the aftermath of September 11th. The ability to do one's job I suppose could be considered a freedom. But we still have the freedom to get another job to help ourselves.

If this has taught me anything, it's that I need to find a pandemic-proof job for next time we have one of these or one our future computer overlords can't take away from me either. That and to be less reliant on government to have my best interests. I've found out they don't as long as they keep their no-show jobs.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know what tag and subtweet mean. This be the only social media I consume.

tag just means @ me. LIke @GrayDawg I want to talk to you about something you said, this is how I would do it if I didn't quote you....

subtweet just means talking about me without saying my name.

please off topic this post

Sorry...

Not sure what sub-tweet means, but it must mean what I did...

Was just saying it's hard for people to work when school is closed. Our school has seen a huge inflow of tours and interest from people over the past week who have to have a place for their kid to go so they can work. And it's gonna .make their finances even tighter in a tough time.

I agree that we should be willing to flex according to what is going on around us. But some jobs can't be done from home.

My avatar would pin your avatar in minutes... Also a DV post...

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, @Kasey , that means that soon you need a job that's "childproof" too. Your optons are narrowing.😁

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're living with your in-laws... wow you've just received a wide birth for irritability. Feel for ya bro.

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

**Comment moved to more appropriate thread.

This discussion has been closed.