Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mullen pushing for fields

Comments

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    You can "develop" all the quarterbacks you want, but it's the rest of the team that counts. Why didn't MSU win the West. Outstanding QB in Fitz. Great QB 'development" but the rest of the team .......

Mullen is not going to be able to pull in the recruits at UF like they once had. Too much competition with in state schools and others.

Haven't looked lately but if Jimbo goes to A&M that'll help.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want Fields at UGA, but why would he not keep his options open with the coaching change. Mullen runs an offense that is tailor made for a guy like Fields and he would be the best fit to play right away in that offense. Not saying it would be good for his Pro options, but that will not be determined at any school until several years down the road. UF has a lot of pieces to fix for the offense to work at peak performance because the OL is not that great, but he will recruit and they will be competitive again. Until he proves otherwise I will not say they will be top dog because he has failed so much against top teams.

• Options
    josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

We all know that Fields’ sister is a Dawg softball commit. I know it may be different for others, but I can’t imagine his family wanting to to Athens for a softball game for his sister, then traveling all the way through the night to Gainesville or Tallahassee for a football game the next morning. Just thinking out loud.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields as already stated he was going to take some more OVs, but he most likely will be in Athens for a majority of the weekends till NSD.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@josh31533 said:
    We all know that Fields’ sister is a Dawg softball commit. I know it may be different for others, but I can’t imagine his family wanting to to Athens for a softball game for his sister, then traveling all the way through the night to Gainesville or Tallahassee for a football game the next morning. Just thinking out loud.

Think they play at different times of the year.... not that it matters, I think he sticks with UGA

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@josh31533 said:

Think they play at different times of the year.... not that it matters, I think he sticks with UGA

yes. softball is a spring sport. Doesn't really overlap with FB.

• Options

@donm said:

@BamaDawg said:

@josh31533 said:

yes. softball is a spring sport. Doesn't really overlap with FB.

Yeah I know, but I’m thinking about all of the other activities that go along with the sport not just the actual games. Practices, banquets, etc...

Just thinking that if his sister has a softball related activity the night before JF has a game in another state it may be difficult on the family logisticaly.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

is there anyone on our list that's a UF commit that JF might be going after?

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:
    is there anyone on our list that's a UF commit that JF might be going after?

Kyle Pitts at one point, but that's out of the loop with Ford probably committing to Georgia.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Everyone read the Intel today and exhale...

Jeff said exactly the same thing on the podcast; worry about something else.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    VIP post on 247 where Fields talks Mullen & schnitzel.
    Fields is thinking about taking OVs to FSU and UF.

Kay then nervous nellies try not to go cray cray, but I still want to see some melting from the weaker among you!! Make it good.

Did you just really say "cray cray"?

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@josh31533 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@josh31533 said:

I agree, I don’t think he would still be recruiting other players to join him. I gotta believe he’s said stuff like “Jamaree, I need you in Athens protecting me man, keep those DL’s off of me and we’ll win some games.”

I think JF is an unselfish kid, I think that he knows it would be difficult on his parents to have two kids attending two different schools. I’m certainly not saying that’s the only reason he picked UGA, I do believe he genuinely wants to go to UGA.

• Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@spradlin24 said:
    I want Fields at UGA, but why would he not keep his options open with the coaching change. Mullen runs an offense that is tailor made for a guy like Fields and he would be the best fit to play right away in that offense. Not saying it would be good for his Pro options, but that will not be determined at any school until several years down the road. UF has a lot of pieces to fix for the offense to work at peak performance because the OL is not that great, but he will recruit and they will be competitive again. Until he proves otherwise I will not say they will be top dog because he has failed so much against top teams.

Because he said he didn't want to play in a system that relied on his legs. He wants to develop his passing. He wants to be an NFL QB. He beat out Trevor Lawrence in the Elite 11 competition (which is a passing QB competition). His Elite 11 coaches said that the best way to use Justin Fields is to make him a passer first and a runner second. That's not Dan Mullen's system. He doesn't fit in there and both he and Corral said they would not play together.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Lord yall. Are we back to this?