Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Ya all take a break. I might re open this tomorrow

• Options

Last chance I will not re open it again

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand your position but wish that individual offenders could be banned from particular threads rather than punish all. Equally I don't think a Forum wide ban for such individuals is necessarily warranted as it is an emotional topic for many.

Appreciate all you and the other Mods do.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adult swim is now over - kids, back in the pool!...

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a no shutdown, no restrictions of any liberties guy, I feel like that’s been pretty clear. People should be free to live their lives as they choose. If folks want to protest, that’s their right to do so, so long as they don’t break any laws. Cases are going to happen and there’s no way to stop them. Re-opening led to cases, just as protests led to cases. When people gather anywhere, viruses have opportunities to spread. Same as it ever was. To argue over data that is incomplete & therefore inaccurate at best....biased at worst... is a waste of my time.

• Options

I understand your frustration but we do not have the permissions to thread ban. Choices are limited on our end. We have been pretty loose but the politics must stay out, keep it about COVID and all will be good.........

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So essentially "silence anyone that doesn't agree with me...."

This is why I (mostly) stopped following this thread. Enjoy the echo chamber.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great post. I'm sure the trends for the deaths are going the other way in most states due to the lag effect. Does that sound about right?

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whether we, as Americans, identify as liberal or conservative, there must be some middle ground where we can coexist.

• Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    ChambuloChambulo Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really appreciate this post. I like the state by state breakdown with the 3 key indicators you listed for each. Seems like there is widespread potential for positive trends in these states. Hopefully it keeps going that way.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Probably but they are more dependent on Hospital/LTC/ME reporting so are more erratic due to weekends (low) Tuesday (high) and some only report 1-2 times per week. Example for Florida 8/1 - 179. 8/2 - 62. 8/3 - 73, 8/4 - 245. The total for the period 8/1-3 (3 days) as reported on 8/2-4 was 380 of which 250 were deaths from July and 1 other that was either June or July 1/2. The actual that have an August DOD in the first 3 days were only 129 but will increase as the data is updated. Look at even July 8th that was 119 on August 1st but has increased every day so far and is now 124. Also look at July 31st which is a typical progression. So, as well as the physical lag from infection to case to death for those that don't recover there is a major paperwork lag in addition.

The ? is numbers that are not reflected in the data shown. If say tomorrow the deaths for July 5th increase by 1 it won't show in the 30 day graph on the dashboard as that drops off after today. So there is about a 30 day lag from case to death but up to 60 days from case to reported death in some instances.

• Options

That's not what I said. If I violate the rules give me a warning first offense and suspend or ban me 2nd. I am just saying that everyone shouldn't suffer if 1 person goes over the top and if I throw a wobbly ban me not you.

• Options
  • Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia opened May 1

Protests started May 26-27.

Spikes started showing up 2nd week of June - EVERYWHERE AT THE SAME TIME

Minnesota was on a steady decline until end of May, when that came to abrupt halt. Then the cases started increasing along with everyone else.

Florida and Texas have a combined 50 million people, with 8 major metro areas with over 2 million people - Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Ft Worth.

Minnesota has only one major metro area. A full dose of common sense isn’t required to understand the difference in growth rate.

Data? Come on. You see what you want to see.

This discussion has been closed.