Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Top running back target Justice Haynes spurns Georgia football for Alabama

13»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

THIS is your "answer" to me refuting everything you said with facts and examples? Not a single thing to say other than a personal attack. Take your medicine and learn something son.

"How to run a program better"? Never said anything of the sort. See that's what you do. When you get schooled you make up fantasy and then attribute it to someone else. Don't worry you'll grow out of it when you get to HS.

I am not a fan of any CFB team except UGA. I just report objectively with facts and examples. Realistically. Some fans do not welcome a differing opinion supported so well. So be it.

I have never stated I've "cornered the market on football IQ". It just seems that way to you because I have pointed out how little you know and corrected you so many times.

My favorite is still when freshman CB Washington skipped his SR yr of HS and reclassified. I said UGA would be better this year if he stayed in HS (still at 87 scholarships needing 2 more players to transfer). You said he might be the next Kobe or LaBron (both played 4 yrs of HS ball BTW) or lastly another Derek Stingley (also 4 yrs of HS). Sure he COULD be. But that's not where the smart money is wagered. The probability (again a concept you lack any knowledge of) of Washington coming to UGA this season and being Kobe, LaBron or Stingley this year is extremely low. The probability is low that he does anything this year but RS.

Although I may have a new favorite. Scout BigDawg61 says Haynes is not a prized recruit (with 45 offers and going to AL). Son of a man who was good enough to play 7 yrs in the NFL at the same position as the son who is considered better at the same age. You are clueless chief.

But that's how you roll. With outlandish takes that display little knowledge, logic and probability for success.

We will see this year. LOL

edited July 2022

Oh BTW chief if you are still struggling with reading comprehension, everything I said in my post below yesterday (that was thumb downed 9 times) was the entire subject of the 7/18 Dawgnation Daily podcast today (you're welcome BA) and at least one other article by CR yesterday and MG today (recruiting losing momentum).

Glad I can bring some knowledgeable football insight to you and this forum.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, let's do this..

What is YOUR opinion? List the reasons that support it. Facts, as you say...not speculation or opinion...facts. Let's look at your opinion. I haven't seen it yet. Just a bunch of jibber jabber about my opinion that completely mischaracterizes everything I said. And you introducing your speculation and opinion as fact. That's what I see. But, go ahead, I may be wrong.

You think changing context of my words is an opinion? Let's see what ya got Vern. I'm open to change my mind.

LMAO...Okay Captain Delusional. That means absolutely nothing to me. I don't always agree with those guys, either. They're good fans, but, not always on top of everything. You might want to visit some other sites around the SEC. You'll pick up information and perspective that Dawg Nation doesn't always provide.

Anyway, let's see what ya got. Facts now.

Honestly, I just read that post, and there was 8 down-votes when I posted, not 9. That being said, I'm sure you believe what you posted. And, I've heard similar opinions...I just don't agree with em. I guess you and I can just agree to disagree.

Right now I'm busy cooking a 3" sirloin and 3" Ribeye on the grill, with bbq shrimp skewers. And, that takes priority. I think we can probably both agree on that. LOL

We can discuss the fortunes of the Dawgs later. I'll let you know how it turns out. FACT: I'm using Oak and Mesquite. FACT: I seasoned it with butter, minced fresh garlic, coarse ground salt and pepper, and a dash of soy sauce. PROJECTION: This is gonna be good......LOL

edited July 2022

Facts? What facts do you want? My post to you on Haynes was full of facts that refuted what you said.

Haynes is prized. 45 offers. Check. Haynes is good and has the tools to be very good. 2nd gen RB w/NFL pedigree and elite HS stat's. Check. Haynes can catch. He is a very good all round player or he wouldn't get 45 offers. He may not need to catch but is as good a receiver/O fit as latest RB recruits Robinson and Paul. Check. Robinson and Paul running styles/size vs Haynes vs your "new" offensive philosophy fit observations. Check. AL recognizing "prized" recruits. Class rankings, players drafted, championships won. Check. Will Anderson example of AL recognizing prized recruits possibly better than UGA. Check.

I called you out for implying some very questionable and negative things about a young man who, by all accounts, is a good kid and prized recruit. Your speculation and implications were unsupported. Nothing personal. I don't enjoy debating you when obviously we don't agree on much. A lot of fans bash recruits when they choose another team. The probability is that this kid will be a good CFB player and team representative. So, to me, this loss "stings". Again, "stings" is a word BA will use frequently in the 7/18 Dawgnation podcast when it posts.

As for BA, CR and MG, they report on topics surrounding UGA football. They read (as do I) many articles, reports and opinions on the state of CFB and how UGA is being perceived. These things are being observed and questions asked nationally. Fans wearing rose colored glasses see what they want to see.

I do think UGA will recruit well this year. They already are. I don't think UGA will have a top 5 class unless they pick up recruiting quickly, especially offensively, OR they finish with some big time closes and flips. All possible but still concerning now with the NIL wildcard changing the recruiting landscape.

Enjoy your dinner. Sounds good. Sounds like you are a good chef, chief. We'll get you there in football too. Or continue to agree to disagree.

Saying "he was prized", is not a"fact", oldboy...it's an opinion. It's subjective and not quantifiable. That's the kind of so-called "fact" I'm referring to.

Fact....Will Anderson was not recruited or offered by UGA. Therefore, he wasn't prized by UGA.

Fact...Haynes is only 5'10"/185-195lbs and not a speedster. That is NOT "having all the tools".

Fact...he doesn't have film showing him catching the ball out of the backfield, making eye-catching blocks...or ANY blocks...and doesn't run over anybody, break tackles or any of the things you would expect to see from a "prized RB recruit".

Fact...he has good vision, but, doesn't have the speed to take full advantage.

Fact...he's a good back, but there are more than 3 dozen backs in HS Football...throughout the Country... that could've accomplished the same thing he did in the backfield he ran out of, behind the line that blocked for him, against the competition they played against.

Again...now READ CAREFULLY...I didn't "imply" anything specificically. I suggested possible reasons. You chose to infer that I was making those accusations. There are more reasons to consider, but, we'll probably never know one way or the other.

Water under the bridge. Who cares? LOL. UGA has 5 backs now that are as good or better.

Go ahead and take time to get a dictionary and look up the meaning of the words regarding implication, inference and speculation. Oh yeah, and don't leave out the word..."fact". You seem to have a loose grip on those words. LOL

Yes, UGA will do fine. Especially at RB. Wish Haynes was going to be a Dawg, but, I smell a reason here that isn't obvious. My instincts are usually right. Just sayin'. That's why I threw out several possibilities. One I didn't mention, cause it's a long shot, is that Mcgee suggested he attend BAMA till Saban retires...this year or next...get some experience, which he won't get, at UGA. They're too top heavy in the RB room. THEN....Transfer back to UGA in a couple of years to finish out his College career.

BTW...The steak is killer. LOL

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Grown men (supposedly) arguing about a high school recruit looks about as ridiculous as it sounds. That said, BigDawg61 at least is civil about it and is a true Dawg. UGADad is, and always has been, an abrasive stir the pot kind of guy. The definition of a troll.

LOL...You couldn't be more, spot-on. Guilty as charged. I was bored...what can I say. LOL. While @UGADad20 is abrasive, I think his misguided heart is in the right place. That, and he gives people, like me, something to do on a slow day in the offseason. Deep down, I think he's okay. Just stubborn as hell and not very tolerant or self-aware.

LOL. I know darned well, I'm not going to change his mind. He's the most argumentative SOB I've ever run across on Social Media. That's not really saying much, though. I'm not much of a Social Media Cowboy. Dawg Nation is one of the very few sites I frequent. Normally, I would have bailed on this conversation, a long time ago. But, I saw it as a challenge to get in the last word. LOL. After a while, it just got to be funny, subject-matter not withstanding.

I figured everybody had moved on from this conversation, so I threw caution to the wind and engaged. What the hell? LOL I actually learned a couple of things about the National RB recruit situation while researching Haynes a little more in-depth than I had, previously. It was productive mental gym....I guess. LOL

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just jabbing atcha BigDawg61. I get it. We all care deeply about the dawgs. I was there during the Herschel years, so I'm a bit of an old timer. Have lived in Scottsdale the last 10+ years. Moved here from Charleston, SC. Football just isn't the same out here. Hoping to get back for a game this season. Thank goodness for TV coverage and the internet, otherwise I'd go nuts. The first weekend of college football is like Christmas to me. Lol. Wish I had more time to banter like you do, but I'm more of a lurker and make a point when I see one. All in good fun. Looking forward to the upcoming season. We'll chat at some point.