Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Hell, let’s get both big DTs this week

I would love for the North Carolina 2 & Jayson Jones and Jamil Burroughs to go ahead & pull the trigger. All of The North Gwinnett Three would be welcome in my eyes. Yes, take them all! A true 3 package deal. Humphries can commit & go public,too. Just bloviating lol

• Options
    edited May 2018

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Hell, let’s get both big DTs this week

I would love for the North Carolina 2 & Jayson Jones and Jamil Burroughs to go ahead & pull the trigger. All of The North Gwinnett Three would be welcome in my eyes. Yes, take them all! A true 3 package deal. Humphries can commit & go public,too. Just bloviating lol

https://n.rivals.com/news/who-s-the-next-top-georgia-prospect-to-commit-

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    I got a gut feeling Kirby has someone in his pocket to make a public commitment this week for the home team, rep the state, for the DAWGS.

@Kasey said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    I got a gut feeling Kirby has someone in his pocket to make a public commitment this week for the home team, rep the state, for the DAWGS.

I'm thinking we are getting another Upson Lee commit tomorrow after Tye Fagan yesterday

@christopherules said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@dawgy10 said:
    P.S. I can't stand gus malzahn

Uncle Dye and his cabin of benefits is the bigger long-term problem.

@dawgy10 , & @BojanglesInsider HUGE Ditto!! Here! Here! Dittos for Tommy Tuberville too!!! UGH!! Makes me sick to hear him as the ESPN announcer voice during ANY Georgia game he is assigned to.... he STILL carries the WAR BEAGLE torch with him constantly.

Owen Pappoe could very well be Reuben Foster 2.0 (in terms of his recruitment). I am in the clear minority on this but I think we're set at linebacker. If OP signs with Auburn, which is a big IF then, from my perspective, it's not catastrophic. We can bring in another big DL or take an extra safety. If Clark and Reed go pro early, we'll need more help there. There are some stout Cornerbacks and Safeties instate this year and we need some quantity. Tray Scott supposedly has us in pole position for the North Carolina 2 (Clark and Harris) & 2 of the Mississippi 3 (Pickering & Young). If LSU implodes, then we can raid a deep pool in Louisiana - in addition to what we're doing in Mississippi - like we represent the city of Oakland.

I actually like Brandon Smith from Virginia and Nakobe Dean MORE than OP. Don’t get it twisted. This isn’t a sour grapes feeling, either. I’ve felt this way since I started paying close attention to the class of 2019. Both young men have taken unofficial visits to Georgia and enjoyed themselves. Both are excellent students as well so they can choose from the likes of Stanford. In other words, they’ve got more choices than most elite kids. The whole country wants them. IF Pappoe to Auburn is a done deal, hopefully Kirby can land one of the aforementioned names IF he determines we need another LB. Personally I view Owen Pappoe as a luxury, not a necessity. If this holds, I wish OP the best regardless (except when he plays us of course) and I move on. I'm not too worried. Bring on CJ, Joshua, DJ, Warren, Quinton, Jalyn, Byron, Nathan, Brandon, Lewis, Jalani, Darnell, Warren, Devontae, Anthony, Warren, Nakobe and others!

@tiger_62082 great insight! Love seeing your thoughts here... echoes a lot of what's ringing in my own head!

• Options

@christopherules said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

I'm thinking we are getting another Upson Lee commit tomorrow after Tye Fagan yesterday

@christopherules said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@dawgy10 said:

@dawgy10 , & @BojanglesInsider HUGE Ditto!! Here! Here! Dittos for Tommy Tuberville too!!! UGH!! Makes me sick to hear him as the ESPN announcer voice during ANY Georgia game he is assigned to.... he STILL carries the WAR BEAGLE torch with him constantly.

Owen Pappoe could very well be Reuben Foster 2.0 (in terms of his recruitment). I am in the clear minority on this but I think we're set at linebacker. If OP signs with Auburn, which is a big IF then, from my perspective, it's not catastrophic. We can bring in another big DL or take an extra safety. If Clark and Reed go pro early, we'll need more help there. There are some stout Cornerbacks and Safeties instate this year and we need some quantity. Tray Scott supposedly has us in pole position for the North Carolina 2 (Clark and Harris) & 2 of the Mississippi 3 (Pickering & Young). If LSU implodes, then we can raid a deep pool in Louisiana - in addition to what we're doing in Mississippi - like we represent the city of Oakland.

I actually like Brandon Smith from Virginia and Nakobe Dean MORE than OP. Don’t get it twisted. This isn’t a sour grapes feeling, either. I’ve felt this way since I started paying close attention to the class of 2019. Both young men have taken unofficial visits to Georgia and enjoyed themselves. Both are excellent students as well so they can choose from the likes of Stanford. In other words, they’ve got more choices than most elite kids. The whole country wants them. IF Pappoe to Auburn is a done deal, hopefully Kirby can land one of the aforementioned names IF he determines we need another LB. Personally I view Owen Pappoe as a luxury, not a necessity. If this holds, I wish OP the best regardless (except when he plays us of course) and I move on. I'm not too worried. Bring on CJ, Joshua, DJ, Warren, Quinton, Jalyn, Byron, Nathan, Brandon, Lewis, Jalani, Darnell, Warren, Devontae, Anthony, Warren, Nakobe and others!

@tiger_62082 great insight! Love seeing your thoughts here... echoes a lot of what's ringing in my own head!

Thank you, sir

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:

@christopherules said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@dawgy10 said:

Thank you, sir

@tiger_62082 please, by all means sir keep them coming!! & oh yeah, GO DAWGS!!

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg so looking into your own crystal ball sir, who do you see as the next one that UGA CKS is going to "pull a rabbit out of a hat" & present to the loyal DawgNation as the next one to commit to the "G"????

• Options
    edited May 2018

@CZCashvilleDawg inquiring minds want to know!!!??? & oh yeah! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    2019 - Travon Walker
    2020 - BJ Ojulari

That's what I'm talkin bout. Another brother. Ojulari just sounds so much COOLER. Definitely beats TT and TuTu Tangy-ravioli over on the gumps team

• Options

@greygoose01 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    2019 - Travon Walker
    2020 - BJ Ojulari

That's what I'm talkin bout. Another brother. Ojulari just sounds so much COOLER. Definitely beats TT and TuTu Tangy-ravioli over on the gumps team

@greygoose01 That last one of yours above had me laughing to the point of tears!!!

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Usually, CKS appears to counter a recruiting "miss" with a bombshell announcement within a short time thereafter. I swear, with the "embarassment of riches" of kids wanting to #CommitToTheG, it sometimes seems like he always has a silent commitment in his pocket just for such a time!
    In any event, any predictions on who commits in the next 2 weeks?

• Options

@BullyDawg said:
    Usually, CKS appears to counter a recruiting "miss" with a bombshell announcement within a short time thereafter. I swear, with the "embarrassment of riches" of kids wanting to #CommitToTheG, it sometimes seems like he always has a silent commitment in his pocket just for such a time!

I am going to follow the lead of @CZCashvilleDawg & say Travon Walker.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:
    Usually, CKS appears to counter a recruiting "miss" with a bombshell announcement within a short time thereafter. I swear, with the "embarassment of riches" of kids wanting to #CommitToTheG, it sometimes seems like he always has a silent commitment in his pocket just for such a time!

Yes, scroll up

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    2019 - Travon Walker
    2020 - BJ Ojulari

I would take that ALL DAY.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t think they’ll be next to commit, but would like to see us sign a couple of stud safeties, maybe Cine and Phillips, or maybe Stevenson.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    Don’t think they’ll be next to commit, but would like to see us sign a couple of stud safeties, maybe Cine and Phillips, or maybe Stevenson.

I’d love to get Cine. I’m big on him.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I remember, he will be camping at UGA this summer. He goes to school at Winder-Barrow high school, which is about 30 minutes from Athens but he hasn’t really gotten into camping yet.

This discussion has been closed.