Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Name the WORST College Football announcer that makes you just completely sick!!

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is yours? Mine is a toss-up between CBS' Gary Danielson who just makes me totally ill as soon as I hear his voice, & also ESPN's Tommy Tuberville who has so much venom coming out of his mouth for the DAWGS, that he STILL cannot hide it, & IMHO he does not even try to hide it at all!

Comments

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Definitely Gary

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@christopherules said:
    Who is yours? Mine is a toss-up between CBS' Gary Danielson who just makes me totally ill as soon as I hear his voice, & also ESPN's Tommy Tuberville who has so much venom coming out of his mouth for the DAWGS, that he STILL cannot hide it, & IMHO he does not even try to hide it at all!

Tuberville just sounds like a drunkard trying to call a football game....Kinda lost.

Danielson is very knowledgeable, but he doesn't mind letting everybody know it, and that's why I don't care for him.

Beth Mowins is the absolute worst, and is also usually who gets the nod when ESPN scrapes the bottom of the barrel because they have a real hot mess of a game to put on the air.....Like an Iowa State vs. Vandy sh1t-pile of a game..

Yes! That’s her name, I was gonna add her too but could only remember a face and not name. True story, my wife was in another room for one game and she hollered down the hall, is that a guy or girl announcing, LOL

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brian Griese is the worst

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't stand it when Vern or Gary exclaims "ALABAMA"

Literally makes me cringe

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@christopherules said:

Tuberville just sounds like a drunkard trying to call a football game....Kinda lost.

Danielson is very knowledgeable, but he doesn't mind letting everybody know it, and that's why I don't care for him.

Beth Mowins is the absolute worst, and is also usually who gets the nod when ESPN scrapes the bottom of the barrel because they have a real hot mess of a game to put on the air.....

@UnderDog68 said, "Like an Iowa State vs. Vandy sh1t-pile of a game.. " <---That right there!!! THAT IS probably the funniest last line in any quote of yours that I have ever read from you sir!!!! ROTFLMAO! Cracked me up good!

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cannot stand Tuberville, and won’t listen unless it’s the Dawgs and I can’t get the radio broadcast. I will NOT listen to Beth Mowins. I’m kinda sick of Herbstreit too, but for different reasons. His analysis is usually pretty good.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@insertusernamehere said:
    I’m kinda sick of Herbstreit too, but for different reasons. His analysis is usually pretty good.

I think I read that Herbstreit is being bumped up by the network to doing NFL games.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@greygoose01 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@christopherules said:

Beth Mowins is the absolute worst, and is also usually who gets the nod when ESPN scrapes the bottom of the barrel because they have a real hot mess of a game to put on the air.....Like an Iowa State vs. Vandy sh1t-pile of a game..

Yes! That’s her name, I was gonna add her too but could only remember a face and not name. True story, my wife was in another room for one game and she hollered down the hall, is that a guy or girl announcing, LOL

Mowins is best suited for women's sports, which is what she does most of the time. She usually does women's basketball or women's college softball games. She knows football, but has no business calling the games, IMO. If you want a woman, get some eye-candy....not someone who resembles a burnt-out meth-using lesbian truck-driver who is on the prowl at a bar in Atlanta.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't think of his name but he sounds like Grandpa Simpson on lithium.
    I know it's mean, but some voices just don't age well and get tough to listen to.
    Al Michaels is an example of a former great whose voice has deteriorated badly.

• Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 78 ✭✭ Sophomore

Used to be Lue Holtz. (The old N Dame and S. Carolina HC) hated everything he did in front of the camera. Now it's Corso could care less if I heard him talk **** again. Play dress up on someone else's TV!

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The announcing during the World Cup and braves games are so awful and put into perspective that we’re kinda lucky with CFB announcers.

No one really sticks out to me besides musberger, guy creeps me out. There are some pac 12 guys who are pretty annoying too

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 Herbstreit

2 Granny Clampett (Lou Holtz - no close captioning/subtitling for him - the person doing the typing had no idea what he was saying & neither did half the people watching - I'm not sure he did either)

3 Lee Corso

• Options
    shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tommy Tuberville....not even close for me.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How about Lou holts, lee corso, Beth mowins, Gary Daniels, tommy tubbweville, AND Vern? I can’t stand any of them. Why should we have to suffer through any of them? I’d rather listen to Chris Berman say “back, back, back, back...” on repeat then any of them.

• Options
    WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I actually don't mind Vern and GD...most of the time. I know a lot of you don't hear or see him living in the east but Rick Neuheisel is the worst. Tommy Tuberville is awful and needs therapy about hating the Dawgs...as well as coaching on how to enunciate and not slur your words together like you just popped a xanax. One that I like it Todd Blackledge...has good knowledge and analysis of the game without the undercurrent of patronizing like Danielson.