Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

''403 forbidden'' code, am I being banned ?..

124»

Comments

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s because you downvoted me. Keep it up, and I’ll error code 678, 404, and 770 on you, too.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They cant ban u. Where would we get our Hawks threads without u. When r u gonna post another 1.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    They cant ban u. Where would we get our Hawks threads without u. When r u gonna post another 1.

Thanks, I'll keep posting Hawks info periodically.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Much appreciated.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:
    Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

Actually I usually have to reboot before I can access the site after leaving it. It's still entirely possible there was an attempt to block me. Till I'm either locked out completely or management requests my absence, I'll keep posting. I have no doubt there have been requests by some posters that I get banned.

It’s time for you to install some anti-virus software. There’s free software that does it. I used the Tom’s Hardware site to evaluate stuff like that. I’d tell you what I use, but I’d have to go downstairs and check my Windows box I rarely use any more.

I use Avast and Adblocker plus. I'm reasonably sure it's not a virus.

Having to reboot constantly just to get on this site. If your computer is really old, you need to buy a new one. If it’s fairly new, I’d go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:
    Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

Actually I usually have to reboot before I can access the site after leaving it. It's still entirely possible there was an attempt to block me. Till I'm either locked out completely or management requests my absence, I'll keep posting. I have no doubt there have been requests by some posters that I get banned.

It’s time for you to install some anti-virus software. There’s free software that does it. I used the Tom’s Hardware site to evaluate stuff like that. I’d tell you what I use, but I’d have to go downstairs and check my Windows box I rarely use any more.

Having to reboot constantly just to get on this site. If your computer is really old, you need to buy a new one. If it’s fairly new, I’d go through the trouble of reinstalling Windows.

It's a new computer and the problem is just at this site, I turned off my adblocker, it didn't help.
    I'm fairly sure this is coming from this site's administration.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,176 mod

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

It's a new computer and the problem is just at this site, I turned off my adblocker, it didn't help.

Ahhhh new computer just recently I see....some of these cheap freebie type boards which this is one, new updated Winblows 10 will give you a 404 and 403 errors all the time. If you are using Linux or Android based system from your phone or tablet if you have one trying logging in with that and see if you get the error......

• Options
    edited January 2019

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Ahhhh new computer just recently I see....some of these cheap freebie type boards which this is one, new updated Winblows 10 will give you a 404 and 403 errors all the time. If you are using Linux or Android based system from your phone or tablet if you have one trying logging in with that and see if you get the error......

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

I’d try a different web browser on the same computer. The HTTP server doesn’t like something about HTTP request you are making. A different browser will make the HTTP request at least a little differently.

If you really think it’s something with the server, you could try creating an alt on this forum and using the site with the alt. And see if the problem still happens.

Another way to fool the server into thinking you’re someone else is to change your IP address. You’re IP address is how other computers find your computer. It’s like a mailing address for your house. Only a computer on the Internet has an IP address. Changing your IP address is usually more trouble than it’s worth though. How to change your IP address will depend on which Internet Serivce Provider you use, like do you use AT&T, Comcast, etc..

• Options

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

****, Windows 10 is causing 403 errors? That’s crazy.

• Options

One possible very simple explanation is like you have a bookmark you click on to access this site. And the bookmark is wrong and it’s pointing to a forbidden directory on the server. And then when you get the 403 code, you type it in manually and are using the right URL when you type it in.

Just a guess. But sometimes the simple things are what’s causing a larger problem.

Checking for typos is always the first thing to check when debugging a computer problem.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure why anyone would want you banned. Ignoring someone is pretty easy.

This is true even if the person feels the need to post their opinion about virtually every single topic on the board.
    This is true even if the person usually tries to derail a thread by changing the topic.
    This is true even if the person starts at least one thread about himself once a week.
    This is true even if the person is the poster child for "Know-It-Alls".
    This is true even if the person is a 62 year old man with literally nothing else to do all day, every day except share opinions.

I think your reign of terror is in no danger of coming to an end. The entertainment value when you get angry and start dribbling like Bernie Sanders far outweighs the desire of a small minority of folks who desire a "conflict free zone". If you were booted to the curb, then some other village idiot would be right along within a few days to take your place. The evil version of BojanglesInsider would probably return.

• Options

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

It's not new, new, it's about 14months in service. I said new to clarify it's not dated.

It's a Lenovo Ideapad with 250 gb SSD, 8 gigs of memory, etc. It's not the most expensive, but it's not cheap either. Plus, I've never once gotten the 403 code at another site.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

It's not new, new, it's about 14months in service. I said new to clarify it's not dated.

It's a Lenovo Ideapad with 250 gb SSD, 8 gigs of memory, etc. It's not the most expensive, but it's not cheap either. Plus, I've never once gotten the 403 code at another site.

Are you going in from www.dawgnation.com or linking to the forum directly via forum.dawgnation.com?

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:
    Wrong spelling, wc's a "band" poster

Band on the run.

Like that song

• Options

@levander said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

****, Windows 10 is causing 403 errors? That’s crazy.

Not winblows 10 the software that the board uses causing the error

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Nothing nefarious other than the software with the board and a bug in your OS. If the admin wanted to ban you they would just do it and be done with it

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Never getting the error on another site means it could be the URL you are using for this site.

If you access the site through a bookmark sometimes, check the bookmark’s URL.

• Options

They already went through you clear your browser cache, right?

Try a different browser on the same machine to access this site. If the different browser works, that means it’s something with the configuration of the browser you’re using now.