Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

''403 forbidden'' code, am I being banned ?..

Comments

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,176 mod

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:
    C'mon. Help out the tech bozos like me...WTH is 403 forbidden code? Doesn't sound positive.

It is a program tool for administrators, it can be used to filter out would be visitors.

How do you know this?

I kept getting the code when trying to open this site, I Googled ''403 error code'', it is a tool for administrators of sites.

A few days ago, I couldn't log in, but dont remember an error code. Then saw where others had problems that day. Keep keepin on

comes up is ''403 forbidden error'' It may be nothing, but lets be real, who would be surprised if it's targeted ?

Be more funny if they used a few hacks and put you in a miserable user group where you could post but no one would see them but you, mods and the admins. But we could not be so lucky soooo......

403 error is more than likely on your end clear you cache

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:
    C'mon. Help out the tech bozos like me...WTH is 403 forbidden code? Doesn't sound positive.

It is a program tool for administrators, it can be used to filter out would be visitors.

How do you know this?

I kept getting the code when trying to open this site, I Googled ''403 error code'', it is a tool for administrators of sites.

A few days ago, I couldn't log in, but dont remember an error code. Then saw where others had problems that day. Keep keepin on

comes up is ''403 forbidden error'' It may be nothing, but lets be real, who would be surprised if it's targeted ?

Be more funny if they used a few hacks and put you in a miserable user group where you could post but no one would see them but you, mods and the admins. But we could not be so lucky soooo......

A dark fungus on your lip might improve your appeal.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,176 mod

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

Told you how to fix your error and you dis me

Go eat boogers

• Options

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

Told you how to fix your error and you dis me

Go eat boogers

That's just cold... :/

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We could only hope...this place was more fun when you had less time on your hands.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@insertusernamehere said:
    We could only hope...this place was more fun when you had less time on your hands.

We = weak.
    Try standing on your own feet.

• Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe it's a 10,000+ post thing. Time for other voices to be heard.

• Options

@DamnYankeeDawg said:
    Maybe it's a 10,000+ post thing. Time for other voices to be heard.

Who is stopping you from posting ?
    It's a virtual forum, square footage doesn't factor in.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s a glitch

• Options
    SaltDawg1515SaltDawg1515 Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

No, I get that same error message occasionally as well and I'm just a lowly sophomore who won't even look you upperclassmen in the eye, in passing. Definitely not an attempt to ban.

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They will not ban WCDawg. Dude is 63....not many good years left. No time to be sitting on the sidelines.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe if enough people block you and nobody quotes your posts it will amount to the same thing.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JayDog said:
    Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

Yeah, a "smart forum". I like it. What a great idea.

• Options

@JayDog said:

Actually I usually have to reboot before I can access the site after leaving it. It's still entirely possible there was an attempt to block me. Till I'm either locked out completely or management requests my absence, I'll keep posting. I have no doubt there have been requests by some posters that I get banned.

• Options

@JimWallace said:
    Maybe if enough people block you and nobody quotes your posts it will amount to the same thing.

Go, Dawgs!

Whine on Tyrone.

• Options
    RabidawgRabidawg Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

If this site is like Volnation, you'll know when you've been "banned". I joined it with decent intentions but quickly got way too honest with the hillbillies. I lasted 4 or 5 days.

• Options

@Rabidawg said:
    If this site is like Volnation, you'll know when you've been "banned". I joined it with decent intentions but quickly got way too honest with the hillbillies. I lasted 4 or 5 days.

Home boards are brutal on posters who don't tow the party line. Scout's UGA home board used to ban anybody who posted unpopular opinions. They pandered to a few regulars who only wanted to cheer and shake pom poms.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe @WCDawg is in the portal.