Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

''403 forbidden'' code, am I being banned ?..

Comments

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What if I told you that there is no 403 forbidden code???

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsince76 said:
    What if I told you that there is no 403 forbidden code???

That is just one possibility, but I clear my history regularly. This appears to be targeted.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@WCDawg are you seriously questioning if someone attempted to block or ban you? If they wanted to ban you, there would be no failed attempt.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

P A R A N O I D

• Options

@JayDog said:
    @WCDawg are you seriously questioning if someone attempted to block or ban you? If they wanted to ban you, there would be no failed attempt.

How do you know this ? I'm not a software expert but I do know programs run the spectrum of capabilities. Also the 403 error code comes up in some programs when administrators ban an IP address. Also several posters have stated they have complained and/or have tried to get me banned...I piss some dorks off.

• Options

@BEACHDAWG said:
    P A R A N O I D

Black Sabbath, right ?

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BEACHDAWG said:
    P A R A N O I D

Just because he's paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get him...

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

How do you know this ? I'm not a software expert but I do know programs run the spectrum of capabilities. Also the 403 error code comes up in some programs when administrators ban an IP address. Also several posters have stated they have complained and/or have tried to get me banned...I piss some dorks off.

Error 403: "The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi5or6umPDfAhWT14MKHas8CHoQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/movies/hal-2001-a-space-odyssey-voice-douglas-rain.html&psig=AOvVaw3-Pdo07rfC8B9uxvZ7xHFY&ust=1547655555326833

Maybe HAL 9000 has grown tired of you.
    Be careful around plugged in appliances.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg. Perfect! He's only 67, wait 'till he gets to be my age.....

• Options

@JayDog said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Error 403: "The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi5or6umPDfAhWT14MKHas8CHoQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/movies/hal-2001-a-space-odyssey-voice-douglas-rain.html&psig=AOvVaw3-Pdo07rfC8B9uxvZ7xHFY&ust=1547655555326833

Maybe HAL 9000 has grown tired of you.
    Be careful around plugged in appliances.

My foil hat will foil their schemes.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wrong spelling, wc's a "band" poster

• Options

@BullyDawg said:
    For a "banned" poster, @WCDawg, you sure seem to post a lot! :D

They will have to do a better job of banning me to slow my march to 15K posts.
    Mama didn't raise no quitters.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:
    Wrong spelling, wc's a "band" poster

Band on the run.

• Options
    NYCLawDawgNYCLawDawg Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Most existential post I have ever seen. How are you able to write about being banned on the site you are claiming banned you?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:
    Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

Actually I usually have to reboot before I can access the site after leaving it. It's still entirely possible there was an attempt to block me. Till I'm either locked out completely or management requests my absence, I'll keep posting. I have no doubt there have been requests by some posters that I get banned.

It’s time for you to install some anti-virus software. There’s free software that does it. I used the Tom’s Hardware site to evaluate stuff like that. I’d tell you what I use, but I’d have to go downstairs and check my Windows box I rarely use any more.

• Options

@NYCLawDawg said:
    Most existential post I have ever seen. How are you able to write about being banned on the site you are claiming banned you?

Read through and you'll learn all there is to know..and more !

• Options

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:
    Let me ask the obvious question. If you are banned, and only getting an error code when logging in--how are you still posting on this forum?

It may only pop up when the forum cosmically senses you are in a bad mood--looking to sling insults around.

Actually I usually have to reboot before I can access the site after leaving it. It's still entirely possible there was an attempt to block me. Till I'm either locked out completely or management requests my absence, I'll keep posting. I have no doubt there have been requests by some posters that I get banned.

It’s time for you to install some anti-virus software. There’s free software that does it. I used the Tom’s Hardware site to evaluate stuff like that. I’d tell you what I use, but I’d have to go downstairs and check my Windows box I rarely use any more.

I use Avast and Adblocker plus. I'm reasonably sure it's not a virus.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,176 mod

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Adblocker could be causing the issue. Turn it off before you come here for a few days and see if you still get the error

• Options

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@JayDog said:

Adblocker could be causing the issue. Turn it off before you come here for a few days and see if you still get the error

Thanks, I'll try that.