Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What you watch during the off season?

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@texdawg said:
    I'm about to lose a tremendous amount of credibility with this post- I also coach high school softball and 14u select baseball.

Soooo - I actually enjoy watching college softball on TV - it's actually really good when you understand how the game is played.

And the Jack Ryan series on Amazon is really good.

Has season 2 started yet?

Haven't finished season 1 yet. But I have really enjoyed the first 6 epusodes.

• Options

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@texdawg said:
    I'm about to lose a tremendous amount of credibility with this post- I also coach high school softball and 14u select baseball.

Soooo - I actually enjoy watching college softball on TV - it's actually really good when you understand how the game is played.

My daughter plays SB and I am ever so grateful, because otherwise I might not have considered it's entertainment value. I always thought it was to baseball what the LPGA was to golf or the WNBA to Basketball (no offense intended), but SB, though very similar in rules, is unique to baseball in action, e.g. a SB player can run 60ft a lot quicker than a BB player can run 90ft. A team down by 5 in the last inning has a fighting chance to win. I've seen countless games where twelve runs were scored between teams in extra innings. Very exciting sport.

Unlike soccer (which I played but haven't the patience to watch).

I'd pizza bet that nobody on this forum could hit Kylie Bass, but I'm not a gambling man (and I wouldn't be surprised if my friend Alex is lurking).

Agree completely. Softball is designed for girls - it's their sport designed specifically for them. It's faster than baseball - if a third baseman in softball mishandles a play at all - no chance getting an out at first.

I love the bat sports - I enjoy coaching both the bat sports. But softball is a faster more exciting game.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

A bunch of Joe Rogan interviews on Youtube. Some great stuff on there. And then, baseball once it starts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bce29LIRKiU

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@texdawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@texdawg said:

My daughter plays SB and I am ever so grateful, because otherwise I might not have considered it's entertainment value. I always thought it was to baseball what the LPGA was to golf or the WNBA to Basketball (no offense intended), but SB, though very similar in rules, is unique to baseball in action, e.g. a SB player can run 60ft a lot quicker than a BB player can run 90ft. A team down by 5 in the last inning has a fighting chance to win. I've seen countless games where twelve runs were scored between teams in extra innings. Very exciting sport.

I'd pizza bet that nobody on this forum could hit Kylie Bass, but I'm not a gambling man (and I wouldn't be surprised if my friend Alex is lurking).

Agree completely. Softball is designed for girls - it's their sport designed specifically for them. It's faster than baseball - if a third baseman in softball mishandles a play at all - no chance getting an out at first.

I love the bat sports - I enjoy coaching both the bat sports. But softball is a faster more exciting game.

My dd has played ball since she was 6 and now that she is 16 and wants to play in college I can say that the money I’ve spent would prob pay for her education.
    But it is a great sport and fun to watch

• Options

@orlando said:

@texdawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@texdawg said:

My dd has played ball since she was 6 and now that she is 16 and wants to play in college I can say that the money I’ve spent would prob pay for her education.

Amen. Sometimes a schlorship really isn't paying for the education - it's reimbursing the parents.

Football doesn't cost parents much when compared to softball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and many other sports. Yet football schlorships are full ride.

• Options

@texdawg said:

@orlando said:

@texdawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@texdawg said:

Amen. Sometimes a schlorship really isn't paying for the education - it's reimbursing the parents.

Football doesn't cost parents much when compared to softball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and many other sports. Yet football schlorships are full ride.

Amen Tex. Not only is travel ball costly, HS ball is darn expensive also.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A bunch of stuff on Netflix. Just finished watching Peaky Blinders. What a great series... can't wait for Season 5 to start!

• Options

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    A bunch of stuff on Netflix. Just finished watching Peaky Blinders. What a great series... can't wait for Season 5 to start!

Peaky Blinders was really good.

My Netflix favorite was Longmire.

• Options

@texdawg said:

I haven't seen Longmire, I'll have to check it out. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes now, but I'm starting to sour on it.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:

@texdawg said:

@orlando said:

@texdawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@texdawg said:

Amen Tex. Not only is travel ball costly, HS ball is darn expensive also.

It's like Disney World: Once you're there you start saying things like, "What's another $250?" and before long it's, "Might as well spend another $500," and at the end you ask, "How did we spend $10k?"

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:

Cant believe it was cancelled. Was it CBS who first cancelled it. Awesome show....good acting IMHO

• Options

@Teddy said:
    You can watch this in about 7 mins. Top Billin’s take on where to put Nate McBride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXeQX75u04

I've been saying this for the last two years. McBride needs to become a FB! I'm surprised Kirby and Chaney didn't figure that out.

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Netflix - If you haven't watched, it's worth the watch - Making a M u r d e r e r.

If you have already watch it, what's your opinion? Innocent or Guilty?

I can't say for sure imo, but I do believe there is "reasonable doubt"

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:

I haven't seen Longmire, I'll have to check it out. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes now, but I'm starting to sour on it.

Longmire is really good Casanova bro. Also check out mind hunters.

• Options

Justified which was an FX show is a good one or you can go back a few years and rewatch The Shield

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also Netflix, past seasons of C r i m i n a l Minds and Supernatural

• Options

@orlando said:
    Justified which was an FX show is a good one or you can go back a few years and rewatch The Shield

Justified is good for sure. However, I couldn’t ever get into the shield for some reason Orlando bro

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:

I really want to watch the shield but it's kind of a daunting prospect with so many seasons plus it being a "network" show with more episodes per season than a premium cable show. Lot of content. I'm going to have to bite the bullet at some point though.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    You can watch this in about 7 mins. Top Billin’s take on where to put Nate McBride

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXeQX75u04

I've been saying this for the last two years. McBride needs to become a FB! I'm surprised Kirby and Chaney didn't figure that out.

I know Kirby said he isn't a FB kinda guy but with the lack of bodies at TE I'd love to see a real FB. Maybe that was just a Cheney thing?

• Options

@amjadawgs said:
    Netflix - If you haven't watched, it's worth the watch - Making a M u r d e r e r.

If you have already watch it, what's your opinion? Innocent or Guilty?

I can't say for sure imo, but I do believe there is "reasonable doubt"

I watched it a while back. Don’t remember all of it, but I remember walking away with the same conclusion