Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

Comments

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

Those may be examples of how some people perceive things, but it doesnt mean a majority hold those views. Asking a black person if that is true doesnt make it so. There are probably more black people who think white people think that way than actual white people who really do think that way. As a result, blacks tend to keep themselves segregated for no reason and live with anger they have self imposed on themselves.

You cant be prejudice against white people? That’s a really sad statement. Show love and it will usually be returned.

Are you kidding?we're the ones who live this life.look at the NFL coaching hires.5 black coaches and not 1 black hired.Mia fired their coach and the next week he's the jets coach.qhen was the last time a white coach got fired after 1 or 2 seasons? Den. and Az just dis it to 2 blacks.how many black HC are in the Sec? It is what it is.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    *they're
    *a lot

Yeah, in all seriousness, I didn't bother clicking on the link or engaging in the conversation because of this.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

Those may be examples of how some people perceive things, but it doesnt mean a majority hold those views. Asking a black person if that is true doesnt make it so. There are probably more black people who think white people think that way than actual white people who really do think that way. As a result, blacks tend to keep themselves segregated for no reason and live with anger they have self imposed on themselves.

You cant be prejudice against white people? That’s a really sad statement. Show love and it will usually be returned.

Are you kidding?we're the ones who live this life.look at the NFL coaching hires.5 black coaches and not 1 black hired.Mia fired their coach and the next week he's the jets coach.qhen was the last time a white coach got fired after 1 or 2 seasons? Den. and Az just dis it to 2 blacks.how many black HC are in the Sec? It is what it is.

Way off topic.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:
    *they're
    *a lot

Yeah, in all seriousness, I didn't bother clicking on the link or engaging in the conversation because of this.

I took it as a joke.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@AnotherDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:
    *they're
    *a lot

I took it as a joke.

Yeah, I wondered if that might be the case. There was no way to know without context, and I didn't want to be disappointed. So I didn't read the article, still haven't, and based on this thread, I don't think I will.

There are a lot of good threads on this site and a lot of good posters. I'm trying to learn how to avoid the rabbit holes, jabberwockies and jubjub birds.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The University issued a statement saying that even though this idiot is a UGA employee and represents himself as such in the piece, they will not take action because of free speech. Ummm, ok. He’s advocating killing people, so sure, let’s move along.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PlayHurt said:
    Wow. Looks like EVERY white athlete in any sport at UGA could now transfer out and play immediately at the next school.

I’ve heard it’s impossible to be marginalized as a white person. No such thing as prejudice against a white person....so I’ve been told.

That's right when you have been privileged since 400yrs ago.it will never be a fair playing field in America. It's not hate what I'm saying but just truth.

That's the lazy way out. Blame it on the past.

By the way, where did you get 400 years? Unless I am mistaken the United States has only been a county for about 242 years (give or take).

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    The University issued a statement saying that even though this idiot is a UGA employee and represents himself as such in the piece, they will not take action because of free speech. Ummm, ok. He’s advocating killing people, so sure, let’s move along.

If that's the case then it's a shame and disgrace to the university!!

• Options
    ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:

So are you saying that there would be more black HCs in college and the NFL if it wasn't for racism, not because any other factors, just racism?

• Options
    athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

@greshamdisco said:

I did not understand his article to advocate the killing of people or to advocate violence. While it might be a fine line, I don't think that is the argument he is trying to make.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@athensjohn said:

@greshamdisco said:

I did not understand his article to advocate the killing of people or to advocate violence. While it might be a fine line, I don't think that is the argument he is trying to make.

You are really doing logical backflips do give this guy an out. He clearly states that if more white people died “back in the day” it would be better for black people now. It’s hard for good people to do, but some times you just have to take evil at face value. This dude is clearly trying to plant the seeds to morally justify an ethnic cleansing.

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@athensjohn said:

@greshamdisco said:

I don't care what you think or what I think, the bottom line is there is no place in the university to call out a race in the way he did. If they do nothing about it, then they should reinstate Sasser.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Racism exists on both sides of the fence. No such thing as reverse racism, it’s just racism. We all see color, fact. Most choose not to make their decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact. In the south, there’s a higher % of those who choose to make decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact.

People live in fear on both sides of the fence. Many blacks fear whites. Many whites fear blacks. Virtually no one wants to acknowledge the fear, which perpetuates cycles of cultural misunderstandings. You build a wall out of fear. You don’t talk to the cops out of fear. You don’t go into certain neighborhoods out of fear...get the gist?

Forms of bigotry exists in most of us, deriving from a lack of understanding of each other’s cultures. By definition, simply labeling folks as left or right (liberal or conservative) is a form of bigotry especially in today’s America; the lines in the sand are drawn, and by in large the principles are defended vs. individual topics. I’d wager virtually everyone on this board is liberal about certain things, conservative about others. Human nature. Inject political rhetoric into discussion and the line is drawn across the board, void of zero desire to understand the counter argument.

The OP, is sharing from his vantage point. I don’t ageee with violence, if it’s not self defense, but if anyone can show me any movement in the history our country that wasn’t born of violence, I’ll hang up and listen. I believe, this TA, is reflecting on historical use of violence to try and invoke change. It’s misguided, but he is entitled to his thoughts. I’m a firm believer we have to interact with folks who don’t look like us to better understand them, without that, nothing changes.

Yes, the TA is free to believe whatever he wants. But someone who thinks white people need to die shouldn't be molding future generations... HitIer thought a certain race(s) should die, do you want him teaching at UGA? After all, he's free to believe what he wants, and did change history with violence... How do you think it would go for a white professor saying that he thinks black people need to die to better our society? Kinda sounds like the KKK doesn't it?

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Racism exists on both sides of the fence. No such thing as reverse racism, it’s just racism. We all see color, fact. Most choose not to make their decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact. In the south, there’s a higher % of those who choose to make decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact.

People live in fear on both sides of the fence. Many blacks fear whites. Many whites fear blacks. Virtually no one wants to acknowledge the fear, which perpetuates cycles of cultural misunderstandings. You build a wall out of fear. You don’t talk to the cops out of fear. You don’t go into certain neighborhoods out of fear...get the gist?

Forms of bigotry exists in most of us, deriving from a lack of understanding of each other’s cultures. By definition, simply labeling folks as left or right (liberal or conservative) is a form of bigotry especially in today’s America; the lines in the sand are drawn, and by in large the principles are defended vs. individual topics. I’d wager virtually everyone on this board is liberal about certain things, conservative about others. Human nature. Inject political rhetoric into discussion and the line is drawn across the board, void of zero desire to understand the counter argument.

The OP, is sharing from his vantage point. I don’t ageee with violence, if it’s not self defense, but if anyone can show me any movement in the history our country that wasn’t born of violence, I’ll hang up and listen. I believe, this TA, is reflecting on historical use of violence to try and invoke change. It’s misguided, but he is entitled to his thoughts. I’m a firm believer we have to interact with folks who don’t look like us to better understand them, without that, nothing changes.

Yes, the TA is free to believe whatever he wants. But someone who thinks white people need to die shouldn't be molding future generations... HitIer thought a certain race(s) should die, do you want him teaching at UGA? After all, he's free to believe what he wants, and did change history with violence... How do you think it would go for a white professor saying that he thinks black people need to die to better our society? Kinda sounds like the KKK doesn't it?

I agree. If I read correctly, I did just read the cliffs as that’s all the attention I wanted to devote to it, he made that statement from a personal FB account. I do not believe he’s teaching these principles at UGA. If I’m wrong, admin should take immediate corrective action.

If I’m right, he’s no different than David Duke, and only is relevant if we lend him an audience.

• Options

@ziggyholiday said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

So are you saying that there would be more black HCs in college and the NFL if it wasn't for racism, not because any other factors, just racism?

Yep.so you think its not about race that for all theses decades black coaches aren't getting the same chances as the whites?gtfoh. You think its fair a white coach in the NFL or SEC can get more than 1 chance while a black coach gets fired and has to start all over and still may never get a 2nd HC job.its all about race and the good ole boy network.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Teddy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I agree. If I read correctly, I did just read the cliffs as that’s all the attention I wanted to devote to it, he made that statement from a personal FB account. I do not believe he’s teaching these principles at UGA. If I’m wrong, admin should take immediate corrective action.

If I’m right, he’s no different than David Duke, and only is relevant if we lend him an audience.

Again, what do you think would happen to a white TA that posted on Facebook that black people need to die in order to advance our society?

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PlayHurt said:
    Wow. Looks like EVERY white athlete in any sport at UGA could now transfer out and play immediately at the next school.

I’ve heard it’s impossible to be marginalized as a white person. No such thing as prejudice against a white person....so I’ve been told.

That's right when you have been privileged since 400yrs ago.it will never be a fair playing field in America. It's not hate what I'm saying but just truth.

That's the lazy way out. Blame it on the past.

By the way, where did you get 400 years? Unless I am mistaken the United States has only been a county for about 242 years (give or take).

Had slaves b4 America was a country over here.how you think stuff got built whites **** sure didnt do it.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Teddy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

If I read it correctly the first post(s) was from some kinda of official social media account. It was removed and then he doubled down on his personal account when questioned about it.

You are correct that changes often comes along with violence, but this guy is using change to morally justify violence, past or present, against “white people.” Ends justifying the means logic can be used to morally validate literally anything you want. That is a dangerous person. If you think he is only this way on his personal account and not in the classroom I think you are being naive.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This wave of hate the political left has been riding in order to win elections is coming with consequences. To many people addicted to rage. To many people wanting to blame all their problems on "the others" out there. I liked SoFl Dawg's post because he touched on how people fear the unknown. This has been true since the dawn of time. It's truly sad how many have been manipulated and mislead so a few can gain power.