Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    Fire his a$$, treat him the same way Sasser was treated and let's move on. National signing day is rapidly approaching and I'd much rather here about who else the Dawgs are going to sign for 2019. **** I hate this shi#!

agree w/you lefty. I hate this shi# too. I come on the board to read about FB and the Dawgs and even some of the seemingly off topic (I know I'm guilty of posting more than most) stuff. Politically oriented arguments never seem to go anywhere so I'm at the point of "what's the point".

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    Fire his a$$, treat him the same way Sasser was treated and let's move on. National signing day is rapidly approaching and I'd much rather here about who else the Dawgs are going to sign for 2019. **** I hate this shi#!

This is the coward’s way out. You’re basically announcing to the world any time someone can forment a small group of people against you to express some outrage, you’ll happily fold and let them have their way.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, Im African-American and Black people trying to blame Whites for their current condition is FOLLY! Message to the Black man and listen good and please take heed. GOD WILL NOT CHANGE THE CONDITION OF A PEOPLE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THAT WHICH IS WITHIN THEMSELVES. So your biggest problem is not White society, your biggest problem is your seemingly innate hatred and contempt for each other. Was that fostered in u by your colonial masters as a means of controlling and manipulating your hearts and minds to keep u enslaved? Sure. But thats no excuse for u to continue to practice oppression and hatred against each other daily in 2019 which I as a Black man find hugely perplexing. And Im not even talking about black on black violence, every race committs violent crimes against members of their own race. Im talking about refusing service to members of your own race at retail outlets, fast food restaurants etc. I have LITERALLY, MORE THAN ONCE been refused even the most basic of services if I walked up to the counter and a Black person (ESPECIALLY A BLACK WOMAN) is taking the order. Lots of times Im not even greeted. They'll force me to speak first. They only practice this rude, condescending behavior on each other and what Ive shared so far is just the tip of the iceberg but I think my point is clear. MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN (And Woman) "GOD WILL NOT CHANGE THE CONDITION OF A PEOPLE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THAT WHICH IS WITHIN THEMSELVES" So stop being so rotten to each other. 😎😎😎

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

This is the coward’s way out. You’re basically announcing to the world any time someone can forment a small group of people against you to express some outrage, you’ll happily fold and let them have their way.

I get your point but this specific example is someone making a case for race based genocide. That should offend EVERYONE not just a small group.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

So your saying that he should be given a forum to preach genocide, Hitler would have loved you.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

So your saying that he should be given a forum to preach genocide, Hitler would have loved you.

Have you ever tried explaining barometric pressure to a dumbass? Yet another episode of “Levander’s Logic”. Taking a non-PC stand is the coward’s way out? Maybe there’s a better explanation he can offer that contradicts the post. I dunno. This is pretty much par for the course.

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

I’m not afraid of one silly professor trying to preach hate. If I were running the university, I’m basically make him explain his beliefs further, like make him publish articles in the media explaining his ideas, so that his public embarrassment were complete.

@Bankwalker said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Have you ever tried explaining barometric pressure to a dumbass? Yet another episode of “Levander’s Logic”. Taking a non-PC stand is the coward’s way out? Maybe there’s a better explanation he can offer that contradicts the post. I dunno. This is pretty much par for the course.

You should really make up your mind if you are internet tough guy who threatens people with your keyboard warrior skills or if you are coward who runs and hides when you are called out. This dodging back and forth just makes you look goofy.

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

You should really make up your mind if you are internet tough guy who threatens people with your keyboard warrior skills or if you are coward who runs and hides when you are called out. This dodging back and forth just makes you look goofy.

>

Pardon? S’pose I missed another of your tirades. Link it up for me, waterhead baby.

edited January 2019

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

I’m not afraid of one silly professor trying to preach hate. If I were running the university, I’m basically make him explain his beliefs further, like make him publish articles in the media explaining his ideas, so that his public embarrassment were complete.

“Make” him publish articles? Over what time period? All the while continuing to rain embarrassmwnt and hate on the University of Georgia while your plot of subterfuge slowly unfolds?

Good plan.

You are among the slowest of learners.
    Your new show, “Levander’s Logic”, could be an SNL skit.

edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

>

Pardon? S’pose I missed another of your tirades. Link it up for me, waterhead baby.

It wasn’t just me. You think acting like you don’t know how the boards notification system works doesn’t make you look ****? You want me to tell you where the notifications button is so you can pretend to go check them now?

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

“Make” him publish articles? Over what time period? All the while continuing to rain embarrassmwnt and hate on the University of Georgia while your plot of subterfuge slowly unfolds?

Good plan.

Academics are required to publish articles all the time. But you knew that.

This acting like you didn’t know things that are obvious is the same thing you were doing in scooter’s thread where you ended up groveling, angry and threatening people, and finally avoiding responses to you.

edited January 2019

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Good plan.

This acting like you didn’t know things that are obvious is the same thing you were doing in scooter’s thread where you ended up groveling, angry and threatening people, and finally avoiding responses to you.

Ha! Groveling? You make Maxine Waters sound intelligent. I think you are confused about what the word means. Here I am. Threaten and grovel? Hilarious. Those go together about like peanut butter and fish on a sandwich.

I don’t think you are totally ****. I just don’t think you connect the dots very well when it comes to critical thinking. Tht’s why Im calling your show “Levander’s Logic”. The Univeristy can’t actually tell the person what to write. You have no clue how any of this works. Plus, if you know the person is a hate monger, requiring the person to publish even more hate under the name of the school is one of the most foolish ideas you’ve presented - and that’s saying something where you are concerned.

Continue ranting, waterhead.

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Good plan.

Ha! Groveling? You make Maxine Waters sound intelligent. I think you are confused about what the word means. Here I am. Threaten and grovel? Hilarious.

I don’t think you are totally ****. I just don’t think you connect the dots very well when it comes to critical thinking. Tht’s why Im calling your show “Levander’s Logic”. The Univeristy can’t actually tell the person what to write. You have no clue how any of this works. Plus, if you know the person is a hate monger, requiring the person to publish even more hate under the name of the school is one of the most foolish ideas you’ve presented - and that’s saying something where you are concerned.

Okay, BankWalker doesn’t know what academic journals are. But I’m the one who has no clue how any of this works.

Are you just gonna **** on any thread you want to with your trolling of people on the board? How come you don’t respond when people dedicate threads to try to get your nonsense partitioned off from the rest of the content?

edited January 2019

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Good plan.

Ha! Groveling? You make Maxine Waters sound intelligent. I think you are confused about what the word means. Here I am. Threaten and grovel? Hilarious.

Okay, BankWalker doesn’t know what academic journals are. But I’m the one who has no clue how any of this works.

Are you just gonna **** on any thread you want to with your trolling of people on the board? How come you don’t respond when people dedicate threads to try to get your nonsense partitioned off from the rest of the content?

You’ll have to link that one up for me, drooler. Didnt see it but sounds entertaining.

You think the President of a University gets to tell someone what they are going to publish? If you say so. Again with the way your mind processes things.

edited January 2019

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Good plan.

You’ll have to link that one up for me, drooler. Didnt see it but sounds entertaining.

You think the President of a University gets to tell someone what they are going to publish? If you say so. Again with the way your mind processes things.

It was on the front page for a whole day while you were posting in other threads with the clickbait title, “PPV DEATH match”, and your name was @‘d in the OP. But you want us to believe you just didn’t see it? Okay.

And yes, someone as powerful as the university president could easily get a teaching assistant to publish an article. Academics are required to write articles all the time.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    So if the baseball player got kicked off the baseball team and kicked out of UGA for what he said... why does this guy still have a job?

UGA needs to hold their stance on the issue and release this guy immediately. If they are not gonna protect a baseball player's freedom of speech then they should not protect this guy's either.

Pick a stance and ride it down the rabbit hole but the institution should not be playing both sides.

But they’re not playing both sides. They’ve chosen a side. Just not on the freedom of speech issue like you want them to choose on.

@EricDawgs1 said:

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

This is retarded and is the thinking that actually holds people back. Smh...

If you consistently tell your kids that they are dumb and bound to end up working at a car wash, then more times than not they will just end up at the car wash. If you tell your kids you can achieve anything they want to do and have a chance to go to college on limited funds, then that's probably where they end up. If you smoke, then your kids will more than likely smoke. Get the picture?

There is not some white boogie man holding anyone down. It is a way of thinking and there are plenty of whites that think in a similar way. My daddy worked at the factory and I will end up at the factory type of thing.

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

@levander said:

@Lefty13 said:

Good plan.

It was on the front page for a whole day while you were posting in other threads with the clickbait title, “PPV DEATH match”, and your name was @‘d in the OP. But you want us to believe you just didn’t see it? Okay.

And yes, someone as powerful as the university professor could easily get a teaching assistant to publish an article. Academics are required to write articles all the time.

1). I grew bored. No, I hadn't seen it.
    2). I sleep and work. Now I have seen it.
    3). Your point?

Looks like a joke by @umooner, who doesnt appear to be taking sides or really GAS either way. I only see where one person reaponded with words, and he is not known for being real clever. :smiley:

Some people have no use for our banter. Others enjoy it. The ones who enjoy it are in luck because I will continue to debate every foolish point you make. That doesnt mean I will debate every point you make. Just the ones that don’t make any sense. Confidence is high on you continuing to provide material. It’s who you are.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Teddy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Teddy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Racism exists on both sides of the fence. No such thing as reverse racism, it’s just racism. We all see color, fact. Most choose not to make their decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact. In the south, there’s a higher % of those who choose to make decisions based on color, I believe that is a fact.

People live in fear on both sides of the fence. Many blacks fear whites. Many whites fear blacks. Virtually no one wants to acknowledge the fear, which perpetuates cycles of cultural misunderstandings. You build a wall out of fear. You don’t talk to the cops out of fear. You don’t go into certain neighborhoods out of fear...get the gist?

Forms of bigotry exists in most of us, deriving from a lack of understanding of each other’s cultures. By definition, simply labeling folks as left or right (liberal or conservative) is a form of bigotry especially in today’s America; the lines in the sand are drawn, and by in large the principles are defended vs. individual topics. I’d wager virtually everyone on this board is liberal about certain things, conservative about others. Human nature. Inject political rhetoric into discussion and the line is drawn across the board, void of zero desire to understand the counter argument.

The OP, is sharing from his vantage point. I don’t ageee with violence, if it’s not self defense, but if anyone can show me any movement in the history our country that wasn’t born of violence, I’ll hang up and listen. I believe, this TA, is reflecting on historical use of violence to try and invoke change. It’s misguided, but he is entitled to his thoughts. I’m a firm believer we have to interact with folks who don’t look like us to better understand them, without that, nothing changes.

Yes, the TA is free to believe whatever he wants. But someone who thinks white people need to die shouldn't be molding future generations... HitIer thought a certain race(s) should die, do you want him teaching at UGA? After all, he's free to believe what he wants, and did change history with violence... How do you think it would go for a white professor saying that he thinks black people need to die to better our society? Kinda sounds like the KKK doesn't it?

I agree. If I read correctly, I did just read the cliffs as that’s all the attention I wanted to devote to it, he made that statement from a personal FB account. I do not believe he’s teaching these principles at UGA. If I’m wrong, admin should take immediate corrective action.

If I’m right, he’s no different than David Duke, and only is relevant if we lend him an audience.

Again, what do you think would happen to a white TA that posted on Facebook that black people need to die in order to advance our society?

I think what you’re not factoring in here is history Teddy. Black people have already been killed in masses for the advancement of American society; slavery. You’re taking the position that it should be equal, you’re not wrong, but it also doesn’t make you right. Too complicated for a message board discussion but I know you can read between the lines there. Fear in this country is not equal. I’ve worked closely with young kids, Black, White, Hispanic and it’s disheartening what they know and how they view their place in society.

For the record, understanding that he posted from an official site, he should be terminated so UGA can seperate itself from the views of an individual.

My experience is a little different. I work with young people on a day to day basis. The young people today see less color now than they did 20 years ago.

I grew up in the mid 90s and all races played sports together but the high school parties and get togethers were not very diverse. But now I watch these same type get togethers of my daughters and it is the exact opposite...it is a very diverse group of people.

My 20 year old daughter literally just went to a fraternity party themed the Redneck Roundup and every race was highly represented....

What I have found is this way of thinking usually starts to creep in as the mind becomes more and more conditioned to that sort of thinking. Professors are a huge piece and can start the process. The media continues to shove it in our face every day. And after a while it becomes a normal way to view things just through the conditioning of the mind over time.

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Bankwalker said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

Those may be examples of how some people perceive things, but it doesnt mean a majority hold those views. Asking a black person if that is true doesnt make it so. There are probably more black people who think white people think that way than actual white people who really do think that way. As a result, blacks tend to keep themselves segregated for no reason and live with anger they have self imposed on themselves.

You cant be prejudice against white people? That’s a really sad statement. Show love and it will usually be returned.

Are you kidding?we're the ones who live this life.look at the NFL coaching hires.5 black coaches and not 1 black hired.Mia fired their coach and the next week he's the jets coach.qhen was the last time a white coach got fired after 1 or 2 seasons? Den. and Az just dis it to 2 blacks.how many black HC are in the Sec? It is what it is.

It sounds like you're in favor of hiring quotas based on race, correct? If that's the case then you must be in favor of the NBA hiring a lot more white players to match the overall American demographic,

Hmmm....I see what you did there.

I was thinking we need some more Asians. Jeremy Lin needs some help carrying the torch.