Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Looks like their learning allot at the UGA

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@PlayHurt said:
    Wow. Looks like EVERY white athlete in any sport at UGA could now transfer out and play immediately at the next school.

One of my first thoughts as well....lol.

I said great UGA may lose their entire tennis and swim teams...most of the baseball team. Lol

But yeah if someone comes to take my stuff, then he is right saying there will be some major problems. Says he knows white people regarding this but I am pretty sure every person regardless of race would feel the same way.

Dont forget the equestrian team

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our liberal friends are awfully silent on this issue...

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

*they're
    *a lot

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TMazz2009 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    So if the baseball player got kicked off the baseball team and kicked out of UGA for what he said... why does this guy still have a job?

UGA needs to hold their stance on the issue and release this guy immediately. If they are not gonna protect a baseball player's freedom of speech then they should not protect this guy's either.

Pick a stance and ride it down the rabbit hole but the institution should not be playing both sides.

But they’re not playing both sides. They’ve chosen a side. Just not on the freedom of speech issue like you want them to choose on.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully Tucker Carlson catches wind of this and has this guy on his show. Would like to hear the conversation.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Jesupdawg said:
    So if the baseball player got kicked off the baseball team and kicked out of UGA for what he said... why does this guy still have a job?

UGA needs to hold their stance on the issue and release this guy immediately. If they are not gonna protect a baseball player's freedom of speech then they should not protect this guy's either.

Pick a stance and ride it down the rabbit hole but the institution should not be playing both sides.

But they’re not playing both sides. They’ve chosen a side. Just not on the freedom of speech issue like you want them to choose on.

Saying you think people need to die for completely ignorant reasons related to skin color, out of nothing but hate, is simply “free speech”. Calling someone a name? Hate crime.

UGA isnt going to play two sides. They are going to take the politically correct side. Every time. .

@Bankwalker said:

@levander said:

@TMazz2009 said:

@Jesupdawg said:

Saying you think people need to die for completely ignorant reasons related to skin color, out of nothing but hate, is simply “free speech”. Calling someone a name? Hate crime.

UGA isnt going to play two sides. They are going to take the politically correct side. Every time.

Calling what they’ve chosen the “politically correct” side is a very way polite way of putting the side they’ve chosen. You could accurately choose much more harsh terminology for the side they’re on.

@orlando said:
    Hopefully Tucker Carlson catches wind of this and has this guy on his show. Would like to hear the conversation.

That actually could happen.

When that Sasser stuff happened, I posted on this forum the punishment was too harsh. Most of the feedback was, “Don’t complain about that! This has already happened!” We’ll, as more and more has come out, it’s looking like more and more of a mistake to kick him off the team. They should have just suspended him for a few games. That is not a light sentence for a college athlete.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PlayHurt said:
    Wow. Looks like EVERY white athlete in any sport at UGA could now transfer out and play immediately at the next school.

I’ve heard it’s impossible to be marginalized as a white person. No such thing as prejudice against a white person....so I’ve been told.

That's right when you have been privileged since 400yrs ago.it will never be a fair playing field in America. It's not hate what I'm saying but just truth.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@EricDawgs1 said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PlayHurt said:

I’ve heard it’s impossible to be marginalized as a white person. No such thing as prejudice against a white person....so I’ve been told.

That's right when you have been privileged since 400yrs ago.it will never be a fair playing field in America. It's not hate what I'm saying but just truth.

Cool story bruh

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

Its dumb. Duh.

Someone already said it above, but this is the definition of racism and he probably isn’t even self aware enough to realize it. Kind of upsetting this guy was apparently in some sort of leadership role in a young democrat group at the university lol.

@TMazz2009 said:

Cool story bruh

It's the truth.

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kirbstomper said:

@BoroDawg said:

Its dumb. Duh.

Someone already said it above, but this is the definition of racism and he probably isn’t even self aware enough to realize it. Kind of upsetting this guy was apparently in some sort of leadership role in a young democrat group at the university lol.

Violence makes things worse and being hateful doesn't help you solve any problems. UGA released a statement yesterday that they are exploring legal options regarding the TA because it's a tricky situation. UGA is a government institution so they can't fire people based on speech made in a private capacity (even hate speech is constitutionally protected). For him to be fired someone would have to report an incident that occurred while he was performing his duties as a TA or as a Grad student. The OEO would investigate and determine if he violated equal opportunity rules and administer punishment. I'm not sure what the other legal options could be. Maybe the comments are so egregious they can't possibly expect him to treat white students equally but Idk how that works legally.

edited January 2019

@VaBeachDawg said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

This is America. You can say it's not but ask any black person especially in the south.this is how it is.

Just so we are clear, are you using this anecdotal chart to support the TAs position?

I’m thinking he’s trying to do a slight of hand. He’s trying to act a fool on the board hoping we don’t notice the much more important fool at the university?

Kind of like a “Don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain!” Wizard of Oz type thing.

• RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2019

I disagree. Anyone smoking weed" =****, Girls Gone Wild = ****, Anyone who can't find A job= lazy because there are a ton of them available, Anyone torching cop cars = thugs and Savages, most folks in Corporate Powerful positions= connected (regardless of color). But I do tend to be a little conservative.