Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Idk it might not be our night tonight. Still a couple innings left. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2-0 final. Ratfarts.

• Options
    TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hancock pitched a great game. Just not their night.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's so disheartening for our ace to put up numbers comparable to ANYONE in America, but for 3 weeks can NOT get any run support. I understand in conference weekend series, our stud will face their stud. But to leave 10 men on base when the leadoff man reached to begin the inning 5 times; those are the games we scratch and claw to get Hancock off the hook after the vols scored 2. Maxwell was 0-4, Meadows hitless, King 1-5, Shep and Shunk had good games. But we may host a regional and I PRAY even a super regional.

But for 1 Cam has struggled at the plate this year. So much so, it may be best for him to come back for his senior yr to improve his draft stock.

Besides that, we are switching the lineup around alot. When a lefty starts sure i get starting a rh hitter. But Maxwell is a good bunter, makes contact, is having his best yr ever offensively etc. I'd start him leading off. N I know Shep is still below .220, but he WILL get hot at some point. Walks more than anybody n the SEC. And stud players USUALLY come thru in the clutch no matter how their seasons going. Shunk is our best hitter. Cleanup I'd use Tally. 5th Sullivan. Meadows 6th (in case they start a lefty, we have Meadows separating Sullivan and Cable.) 7th Rogers. 8th Jernigan. 9th someone that can bunt, and run.

• Options
    DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Game day. Got ranked #21 Missouri coming into town. Lets hope we can gain some momentum after that crazy game Tuesday. We need to get some runs to help support Emerson. We don't need many with how good he has been.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I missed today's game, but The Dawgs beat Missouri 3-0 and Hancock got the win! Team should be looser at the plate when he pitches again now that they have finally given him enough run support to get a win.

• Options

@DirtDawg Overall we played great. Hancock is just unfair, he pitched 8 complete innings with 11 k's and 0 walks. We didn't have a hit until the 6th when the flood gates opened up after tucker maxwell started the inning off with a perfect drag bunt. Great team win.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dgd28 Were you there ? I would love to see Hancock pitch at UGA. Haven't yet. Only listened. If you watch MLB, you'll see him for years to come.

• Options

@DirtDawg I wasn't there but you can watch pretty much every game on watchespn.

• Options
    edited April 2019

He had his best start ever at UGA. 11k's, 8 innings pitched, 3 hits and no walks. He's absolutely as dominant as anyone in college. Our hitting especially situational is sketchy. But we are SO deep with 4 legit starters and the best college bullpen as far as depth I've probably ever seen. Kristofak, Shunk, Pasqua, Glover, Moody etc. N we're getting Ryan Webb back very soon. Stricklin said he was cutting loose a few 90mph SLIDERS in a simulated game! That is FILTHY coming from the left side!

• Options

The way we're kind of struggling to scratch out runs, I was SO happy seeing that perfect drag. I'd like to see a little more hit and runs, because we're just not built to put 8 or 9 up twice a wknd against tough SEC pitching. But it by no means we can't win the whole d@mn thing. If memory serves me right, the last year UCLA won it all they won I think 3-1, and 2-0 in the championship. Same with Uf when Singer n the other stud arms they had won it all, their offense was nothing special.

And anyway if we're lucky enough to keep things rolling, we'll be hosting a regional; and if we DO get to Omaha, that park was built for pitching and defense if any park ever was. We have to put the ball in play more though and make the defense make plays. We're striking out WAY too much.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2019

Dawgs turn a triple play in top of 1st inning then score 3 with no outs to lead off bottom of 1st.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here you can see the triple play. Happened in the first but the view is top of the 4th.

https://twitter.com/BaseballUGA

https://twitter.com/BaseballUGA There was an error displaying this embed.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

most awesome and just a bit weird.

• Options

I can honestly say I've never seen a 20 inning game AND a triple play ever in such a short span on any level of baseball lol.

Wilcox was born with a lightning bolt for an arm. He's hit 99mph twice tonight. So far he's went 3 innings, 5 k's, 1 hit, n 1 walk. We really have to get a w tonight bcuz the guy we're facing tomorrow is NASTY.

• Options
    TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a special team. Go Dawgs!!😀😀

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First triple play for the Dawgs since Kennedy was President. ⚾️⚫️🔴

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FINAL| Clean Sweep

• Options

Any time we can get a sweep against ANY SEC team its huge. But this wknd sweeping the 21st ranked team in the country is huge for momentum! With us playing the best team we'll see during the season next wknd against Miss St, these are huge wins. We SHOULD jump a spot or two in the rankings after this wknd.