Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if the lack of spending (Donaldson and Keuchel notwithstanding) is so much Liberty as it is AA not finding a deal that he liked. Just my thoughts.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay then, my question then is who is more valuable him or waters?

• Options
  • Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think if we tell them we will take most of the $70 million, I think we could give them less prospects and maybe a guy like inciarte. The key is how much of grienke contract the Braves seen willing to take on.

• Options

Y’all rather have will Smith or greinke. Id go with the closer in smith

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both make us contenders for a World Series. I would also take Giles or the Pirates closer who’s name is escaping me currently. Bottom line is we need one more starter and one more bullpen arm maybe even 2 if the opportunity is there.

Now if we do make a move and lose a couple top prospects. Do the Braves look to sign a guy like Donaldson to a 3 year deal in the off season.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Donaldson a lot. At first I wasn’t thrilled as it seemed to be more of a gamble than I would’ve liked, but the thing I like most is that he brings some swagger to the team. If he were playing against my team I’d hate him because he comes off pretty cocky at times, but that confidence is something I think the team lacked last year in the playoffs.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

cory,430. I wouldn't trade any of the prospects management has evaluated as likely future stars unless they feel strongly the player or players they get in return might be key in winning The World Series.

The Braves likely won't peak with this young team for several years, still, MANY teams that seemed on an upward trajectory end up dropping off after a short time, KC comes to mind. Their very young team won a WS then went into decline.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Dbrown7494, I agree on trying to re-sign Donaldson on a 3 yr deal. Riley has been pretty good in left field and his bat is really good.

Imagine this postseason our starting pitchers being: Game 1 - Zach Grienke, Game 2 - Trevor Bauer, Game 3 - Dallas Keuchel, Game 4 - Mike Soroka. If we could swing that I would like our chances.

• Options

I agree, and I don't think that they will have to trade top line prospects for Grienke. I also think that they will spend the money if AA seems it a worthy deal, which it seems to be, to me at least.

• Options

Kuechel looking strong tonight

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is interesting to me, he seems to get a lot of swings on pitches out of the zone. Like even when he is behind in the count. And he doesn’t seem to have the kind of stuff with crazy movement that would cause that.

i have no idea how he does it but I love it

• Options
    edited July 2019

Keuchel pitched another gem tonight. Not only does he give us quality he gives us quantity. This is his 3rd straight start where he went 7 innings.

Management has really worked efficiently in signing useful players with such cheap ownership. I'm eager to find out if Liberty gives The team the go ahead to trade for Bumgarner or another potential difference maker starter when the trading period opens in 2 1/2 weeks.

• Options

Kirb. Disguising the pitch is a good way to fool hitters into swinging at pitches out of the zone. Keuchel seems to be really hard for hitters to read.

• Options

Yet another late inning win tonight 7 /5 in extra innings.I'm starting to love this team. They really remind me of Bobby Cox teams in their low key professionalism and the way nothing seems to faze them.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

luke Jackson aka Nuke Leloosch saved another one.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Luke Jackson is not a closer.

But he manages to get the job done, someway, somehow.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently I’ve lost my mind, I know he plays for the Mets but I guess I had Philly on the brain?

This discussion has been closed.