Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody got pissy with the DVs.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Either a Met fan or a janitor that doesn't want to be reminded of work.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

it was me DV police...sorry I'm a little salty. @CTDawg is a big boy, he can take it.

I mean after 20 years of not being in the World Series it's about time the Braves got back to one I guess. Assuming they don't gag again in the playoffs.

there you go, now you guys can DV me for something ;)

• Options
    edited August 2019

No problem Kasey, sports can do that to us. If somebody advocated building a wall around Tuscaloosa and lay siege to the town, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. To make it worse, I was born there.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Actually I'm incredibly fragile and I'm gonna have a good cry.

But first this -

FWIW I dislike Washington and Phillies fans WAY more than Mets fans. I have a couple of Mets friends.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

The hitting (or lack of same has me a bit worried. Pitching has been good, bullpen really, really good. I know we faced some great pitching but it feels like our hitting has been off for a minute now.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to reports, Dansby’s supposed to be back for tomorrow’s game. Duvall is likely to get sent down to Gwinnett, since Ortega is out of options. Expect Riley, O’Day, Duvall, Camargo, and others to be called up Sunday when rosters are expanded.

• Options

Really it's been the past 2 games where it's been a struggle. Hitting is always more unstable than good pitching though.

Here's an interesting way to look at what it will take to hold off Washington for the division title. If we play just 4 games over .500 the rest of the way (17-13) DC will have to play 16 games over .500 just to tie us ( 24-8). If we go just .500 ( 15-15) they will have to go 12 over .500 (22-10). Over the past 10 games we're both 8-2. Just keep winning series.

• Options

It's fun to watch Phillies and Mets fans boo their own players at the drop of a hat.

• Options

Donaldson has 9 homers against the Mets this year, the most of any Mets opponent since 1979.

• Options
    KingKirbyKingKirby Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's a good way to look at it.

The other way is that we still play 7 times head to head. If they took all 7, we'd need to make up one game in the standings across the remaining 23 (ATL) / 25 (WAS) games. If they took 4 of 7, they'd need to make up five games elsewhere. If we took 5 of 7, they'd need to make up nine games elsewhere. Etc.

• Options
  • Options

The fact that we're playing this well right now even without Dansby, Markakis, McCann, Ender, and Riley is all the more astounding. For God's sake, that's four of our Day 1 starters.

• Options

We don't need no stinkin' starters - not counting our 1-4 hitters of course.

• Options

I think we can now conclude the team is in a bit of a hitting slump. It's only scored more than 3 runs once in the past 6 games and has just 2 runs over the past 2 games. Swanson's return might end up being a net minus. He looked weak both hitting and in the field tonight. We all know how bad he can be hitting when he's not 100%. Fortunately Washington also lost tonight so we're still 4 up in the loss column.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ll be in trouble if the top of the lineup doesn’t start hitting soon. The bottom of the order has done a pretty good job the last few games, but they’ve been left stranded. Acuna is striking out at an alarming rate for the last week or so. Would like to see McCann come back soon, him and Cervelli would make a good platoon duo.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options

Another good win but Washington looks in it till the end. They've matched us game for game without Scherzer the past 4 weeks. I'm not sure The Dodgers are much if any more dangerous than those guys now.

This discussion has been closed.