Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish list for 8 and 10 is Reddish and Bol Bol. I doubt Reddish will still be available at 8, though. Honestly picking at 8 and 10 and grabbing a couple high upside guys sounds a lot better than trading both for the 4 slot. This class has a definite big 3 so the number 4 slot isn't as desirable as it would be in many other years, I'll take a flyer on 2 guys rather than the 1 if I'm the GM.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg there is a 0% chance the Celtics move brown. Especially not at that value. 
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I had no idea about the accusation against Jackson, if it appears to be true it would be a deal killer. As far as being a finisher, that is obvious. He is 22 years old and has played on a dysfunctional offense both years in Phoenix. He has elite mobility, elevation and lateral movement he would be elite with Trae breaking down defenses and dishing. Still, if he's doing bad things, we don't need him. I don't keep up with the off-court stuff, I rarely watch Sports Center.

• Options

Mantis, very interesting. Vitale is all about college basketball, I doubt he'd tweet something he didn't have solid info on. So assuming we now have the 4th pick, what do we do with it ?

I'm thinking we in all likelihood take either Culver or Hunter, either would be a great fit and fill a need.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    WC. I like Hunter more as a prospect, but I’d be fine with either.

I won’t get my hopes up until it’s confirmed by Woj or Sham. Also, it’s interesting that he only mentioned the 10th pick. Could mean it was a 3 tram trade if it turns out to be accurate.
  • Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    What time is the draft? And if the Hawks move up to 5 who do they target?
  • Options

The draft kicks off at 7pm.

I think if we move to 5 and take a player in this draft with the pick it will be either Hunter or Culver.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    They just moved up to 4... I’m sensing culver. He’s my 3rd favorite player in the draft and his length and shooting will fit perfectly with young and Collins
  • Options
    According to woj it’s for hunter
  • Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They kept 10, nice move. I like the moves for sure. Hopefully they get Hayes at 10 and make something of one of the 2 2nd rounders they kept.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Wouldn't be shocked to see Boston take Clax at 14

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg now way Josh Jackson goes top 5 in this draft. His profile is very similar to Cam Reddish (with less potential). The top 4 guys are all very different and unique. Josh Jackson had the chance to shine at Kansas whereas Reddish was the 4th man on a stacked team and still had games to shine. Reddish also was the guy who got the toughest defensive assignments, had the best shooting form, and was the #2 player in his class. He does have issues such as does he care enough and will the form turn into successful shots. Alot of scouts think he will be the second best player in the draft (after RJ). Josh Jackson isn't good in the NBA. He is in the realm of Stanley Johnson honestly.
  • Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I may be on the outside here but I would hope Hawks didnt trade up for Hunter. The kid is good and gotten better esch year but he is also a but older than the other "guys" at that spot.
  • Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I could care less about the Hawks - but the first thing I  thought about when I heard about the trade was - what does @WCDawg feel about it?
  • Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Lol same here Tex
  • Options

Tex. I love the move. We have a chance to get Hunter ( or so it's being said) and still have a shot at a very good player at 10.

• Options

TLJohnson. I'd rather have Culver than Hunter, but Hunter has good value as a 4 position defender and a very good set shooter.

• Options

TNDawg71. Hunter and Hayes are 2 of the best defenders in this class. The Hawks gave up more PPG than any NBA team in the past 23 years, they absolutely have to improve their D.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    We got hunter at 4, but traded 8, 17, and some other pick to the pelicans