Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t and don’t think Claxton has an NBA game - yet. He needs work and I think he’d improve more if he stayed another year. I could be 100% wrong.

I do trust Schlenk’s judgement and look forward to seeing Hunter and Reddish develop. I think hunter is worth the #8 pick. The #17 and #35 picks were only currency to me - although we got a good player at #17 in recent years. Kudos to the Hawks.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

dawgitimafan. If granny had balls.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, that's basically the back of the first, so he went just a little later than thought:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1141904296499437570

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    So from what I’m seeing at the moment, Cam is the only sure player the Hawks have so far ??
  • Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Nah they have Hunter, NBA type deals are different from other leagues in which it isn't fully set in stone until later. It's weird but it's how they work. It's been agreed to and it's gonna happen.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Sorry WC, your guy got snagged one spot ahead of the Hawks.

Edit: I spoke too soon. They are trading Bruno to the Hawks!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    About to get Bol 
    oh well
  • Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Can't embed tweets I guess.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought WC liked the Fernando guy they just took?

• Options
    edited June 2019

I like Bruno a lot. Great move by schlenk. I think he is a mid-first rd level player. Like Hunter he adds some things The Hawks really need. He is physically dominant, he can rebound, he can run the floor and he has a surprisingly good shooting touch. He also shoots pretty good from the line, a huge plus for a big physical low post player.

• Options
    If Hawks land Hunter and Reddish that’s pretty darn good. 
  • Options

I wish the Hawks actually would have an exciting team again. I got really into the great season with Bud...watched pretty much every game. Playoffs **** because it was an Atlanta team but if this team could ever sustain being decent for a few years the fans are there.

• Options

Orlando. Like GeorgiaGirl posted, it's a done deal for Hunter. I can't recall a deal like this falling through in The NBA.

• Options
    edited June 2019

Fernando might be considered the steal of this draft in a few years. There aren't many around like this guy. His 7'4'' wingspan combined with explosive athleticism and good shooting touch is insane. He has a 94 rating by Draftnet, the same score as Hunter.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Say it does fall through, anyone know what happens?
  • Options

It won't fall thru, but if the sky fell..I have no idea what would happen next.

• Options

I've probably been too harsh in my language about Reddish. He obviously has some ability and maybe he'll toughen up. The other 2 picks might help build a perennial winner.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I agree with a couple of other posters that I love what Schlenk and Co. did yesterday. Given how ping pong balls fell in the lottery I think they got the most out that they could.  I can easily see all 3 pieces acquired continuing towards continued growth of the team.
  • Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Wow, some of you guys flat-out nailed it before the draft. I'm impressed.
  • Options

Props to WC. I was listening to Zack Lowe and the ESPN guys discussing the draft and they didn't even know who the Fernandez guy was while he was talking about him before the pick.