Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Only thing I can think of was when New Orleans played in OKC post-Katrina (that’s the team that shoulda left, not Seattle)

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well @WCDawg they pick up a asset that is traceable later in the season for say the Lakers, Heat, or a team chasing in the East. Smart move. Keeps the hardcore fans now and gets more picks and players later.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel like Paul could be trade bait. Move him for a couple more picks. He could be the piece to put a team over the top. I feeling like he could easily go to Milwaukee or maybe even LA Clippers if him and doc have settled their issues.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

That seems like a real possibility dbrown. On the other hand The Thunder has to use what, 90% of it's cap space ? Since they have to spend it somewhere, maybe a mature vet with a very high basketball acumen is a good investment over the next few years for showing the pups how it's done.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could see them move him for several young pieces that they are willing to take a risk on to see if they develop

• Options
    edited July 2019

dbrown. It's they are going to move him it needs to be for a player or players in their early to mid 20s.Maybe I'll pour over rosters at some point looking for good matches. They might either have to keep him or move him for another big contract to get their payroll up to 90% of the cap.

Edit. I did a bit of quick math. After adding all the players' 2019/2020 salaries of players who have contracts with The Thunder minus Paul and multiplying by 90%, they seem to be just 7 million or so short. So if they trade Paul and add a low paid but promising young player and got draft picks to boot, it might make sense.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miami is apparently interested in Paul

• Options

The Hawks signed Jabari Parker for 2 years today. It seems like he's been around a long time but he won't turn 25 till next March. He will add a lot to the team and if he bumps his game just a bit he, could be a difference maker.

• Options

I can't think of a guard tandem in NBA history to compare Harden and Westbrook to. They have easily been the 2 biggest stat filling guards in The league over the past 4 or years. Harden would be the run away leader in triple doubles if not for Westbrook, who is the run away all time best in that stat.

My question is whether the league will amend the rules to allow The Rockets to have 2 balls on the court at the same time. If not this is going too get very interesting. Who will play PG ? I think who SHOULD be the PG is easy, Westbrook seems by far the best choice. I've always thought Harden's most natural position is SG anyway. The question is whether he'll be agreeable about letting RW have the lone ball more than him.

Stay tuned

• Options

More content, we need more content...lazy people.