Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

Kasey. I'm not at all clear on the details now. ESPN first didn't mention who was involved other than Leonard and George. Then they claimed Gilgeous-Alexander along with Gallinari was included, as of 10 minutes ago they'd removed that claim from their article.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,257 mod
    Ah gotcha. Just saw it on sports center earlier this morning so 🤷🏿‍♂️

Kasey. I just read the article online, I didn't watch Sports Center. They did have G-A listed in the deal, now I'm lost.

Ok, I'm now assuming reports that The Clippers gave up Galinari, Gilgeoous-Alexander, 4 unprotected 1st rd picks and 1 protected 1st rd pick for George. At face value it looks like a ridiculous amount f assets to trade for 1 29 year old player. Look a bit deeper and it makes more sense.

First off they essentially got both George and Leonard because they had a handshake deal with Leonard, get George and he'd also sign. Then there is this. The Clippers now join The lakers as a marquee destination team for free agents, so the loss of draft picks is mitigated. The only real impediment in keeping a complete roster will be cap space.

They also get two pick swaps from what I read. 

When does russell get traded now?

I'm not sure Russell will be on the market. Oklahoma City still has a competitive roster. If he is traded though I wouldn't see the point in keeping the already 30 year old Gallinari. Without Russell they are likely moving to full rebuild mode. The 20 year old Gilgeous-Alexander would be a keeper, he would just be reaching his prime when the team gets competitive again. Soo, trade both Russell and Gallinari for a combination of unprotected 1st rd draft picks and very young players or hold onto both and maybe trade some of their new stockpile of picks for mature talent.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hawks just acquired Allen Crabbe from Brooklyn for a 2020 1st round pick 
  • donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless their hearts. At least it wasn't Buster Crabbe!!

The Hawks traded Taurine Prince and a 2nd rd pick for Crabbe and a pair of 1st rd picks. I think we got the better end f that exchange.

Oklahoma City has traded Westbrook for Chris Paul, 2 protected 1st rd picks and 2 pick swaps.

I don't get how Paul has any real value for The Thunder. They are now in complete rebuild mode and Paul will be 35 this coming season. He is already on the decline and that slope only goes downhill. They now have a huge trove of 1st rd picks though. Really none of the players on roster have much value to them. The people who matter are the ones evaluating draft prospects.

Only thing I can think of was when New Orleans played in OKC post-Katrina (that’s the team that shoulda left, not Seattle)

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well @WCDawg they pick up a asset that is traceable later in the season for say the Lakers, Heat, or a team chasing in the East. Smart move. Keeps the hardcore fans now and gets more picks and players later.

I feel like Paul could be trade bait. Move him for a couple more picks. He could be the piece to put a team over the top. I feeling like he could easily go to Milwaukee or maybe even LA Clippers if him and doc have settled their issues.

edited July 2019

That seems like a real possibility dbrown. On the other hand The Thunder has to use what, 90% of it's cap space ? Since they have to spend it somewhere, maybe a mature vet with a very high basketball acumen is a good investment over the next few years for showing the pups how it's done.

I could see them move him for several young pieces that they are willing to take a risk on to see if they develop