Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

donm. I didn't watch much Duke basketball last season. I have reviewed the season highlights of Reddish though. In those highlights there was no limitations of movement at all that I could see. Broken ribs are not a come and go thing symptom or otherwise, but some groin injuries can be. By the description of his groin surgery as ''minor'' and with the statement that he should heal in a few weeks, obviously it's not a severe tear. My guess is it's a inguinal hernia, which is often symptom free or near symptom free. If it's not too bad surgery often isn't necessary. When surgery is recommended it's often just making a small incision, pushing the intestine back into the cavity and suturing the muscle closed, it's a minor procedure and typically heals quickly.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    WCDawg but Reddish, Coach K, Duke University have all said he had a broken rib through the season and a core injury came later in the season (missed a game). Thats two seperate injuries man. Watching highlights isnt watching him play. He didnt play his game he was a spot up shooter. His game is a slasher. Meaning.... 
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Just thought I'd give a heads up. The Hawks play their 1st summer league game tomorrow against The Timberwolves who drafted Jarrett Culver. Hunter vs Culver will be interesting. Reddish won't play because he's recovering from groin surgery.

The team's young core of 7 players averages almost exactly 21 years of age. The old man in the group is Omari Spellman at the ripe old age of 21 years 9 months. Obviously this team won't peak for at least 4 years, but watching these kids progress should be fun.

Also, no f..g way Reddish was playing with a symptomatic broken rib, He injured the thing early last fall and the typical recovery time is only 6 to 8 weeks. Plus, I know what I saw on film.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Seen something where the Hawks are part of a group that’s trying to delay the AD trade. Any reason why ?
  • Options

Search me Orlando. Off the top of my head I can't think of what stake The team might have in this.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    This is what ESPN is saying about it, cap space confuses me in the NBA and this doesn’t help me lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27128448/lakers-delay-ad-trade-kawhi
  • Options

Thanks Muffingod. Now it's about as clear as my college algorithms classes, so not very.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I guess we had the same class. Not sure what that says about us...🤪
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Kawhi and George to the Clippers
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    Clippers had to give up a ton to get him too
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Kasey. I'm not at all clear on the details now. ESPN first didn't mention who was involved other than Leonard and George. Then they claimed Gilgeous-Alexander along with Gallinari was included, as of 10 minutes ago they'd removed that claim from their article.

• Options
    Ah gotcha. Just saw it on sports center earlier this morning so 🤷🏿‍♂️
  • Options

Kasey. I just read the article online, I didn't watch Sports Center. They did have G-A listed in the deal, now I'm lost.

• Options

Ok, I'm now assuming reports that The Clippers gave up Galinari, Gilgeoous-Alexander, 4 unprotected 1st rd picks and 1 protected 1st rd pick for George. At face value it looks like a ridiculous amount f assets to trade for 1 29 year old player. Look a bit deeper and it makes more sense.

First off they essentially got both George and Leonard because they had a handshake deal with Leonard, get George and he'd also sign. Then there is this. The Clippers now join The lakers as a marquee destination team for free agents, so the loss of draft picks is mitigated. The only real impediment in keeping a complete roster will be cap space.

• Options
    They also get two pick swaps from what I read. 

When does russell get traded now?
  • Options

I'm not sure Russell will be on the market. Oklahoma City still has a competitive roster. If he is traded though I wouldn't see the point in keeping the already 30 year old Gallinari. Without Russell they are likely moving to full rebuild mode. The 20 year old Gilgeous-Alexander would be a keeper, he would just be reaching his prime when the team gets competitive again. Soo, trade both Russell and Gallinari for a combination of unprotected 1st rd draft picks and very young players or hold onto both and maybe trade some of their new stockpile of picks for mature talent.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hawks just acquired Allen Crabbe from Brooklyn for a 2020 1st round pick 
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless their hearts. At least it wasn't Buster Crabbe!!

• Options

The Hawks traded Taurine Prince and a 2nd rd pick for Crabbe and a pair of 1st rd picks. I think we got the better end f that exchange.

• Options

Oklahoma City has traded Westbrook for Chris Paul, 2 protected 1st rd picks and 2 pick swaps.

I don't get how Paul has any real value for The Thunder. They are now in complete rebuild mode and Paul will be 35 this coming season. He is already on the decline and that slope only goes downhill. They now have a huge trove of 1st rd picks though. Really none of the players on roster have much value to them. The people who matter are the ones evaluating draft prospects.