Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only thing I would add to this is that everything I've read says we HAVE to have better testing this time around. We dropped the ball on that the first time around.

Hopefully we can ID outbreaks early and keep from hitting that point of exponential growth. Big outbreak hit a prison here in Lexington a week or so ago... it's mostly been contained outside the prison.

I've wondered a couple times if that would have been the case when we had a fraction of the testing infrastructure a month or two ago.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You have the right to feel he is just being cautious and I just feel anyone in DC especially, if you have been there that long, has an agenda. I feel better listening to the Doctors in the trenches actually treating and seeing the patients.

You are right back at the beginning nobody was worried including Fauci and Pelosi. But they were going to close down the same amount no matter what because they didn't know what was going to happen or how many would comply. Hindsight is a great thing. Not sure what good it does for an ex-president to come on and say how bad it has been handled unless he has a political agenda. Especially one who administration was giving grants to a Lab in the area it started. I also think in February everyone was more concerned about impeachment than viruses

Just tired of hearing the whole thing of not wearing masks early enough and it being blamed on the President like he is a dictator. Where was the rest of the government? Dr Fauci himself as late as 3/8 and 3/9 was saying masks were ineffective and don't worry go on cruises. Cuomo was telling people to get out and use public transportation and Pelosi said don't worry as she walked around China Town in San Francisco. Fauci is being cautious like any other Dr would be???? Not so much a couple months ago and was he not advising the President?

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate your concern. I can understand why you get upset at people who don't wear masks. I don't get upset about it. Maybe I would if I were back in California (my home state) where the population is much more dense than my current home. I doubt it though. It just isn't my personality. I'm not sure what trap you think I'm falling for. I respect your opinion enough not to tell you you're being duped. I believe you've made an educated decision. I believe I have too. Isn't that enough without insinuating one is a lemming?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,256 mod
    edited May 2020

I think the president minimizing the risk and calling it the latest "hoax" for the entire month of February was just as problematic for the spread of this virus. It gave people a false level of comfort. Hindsight of course. Looks like everything in life, there is blame to go around ON BOTH SIDES, many good people on both sides messed up.

I trust what the doctor says, but also don't find him infallible either

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Impeachment ended February 5th. I know it's a short month but not that short!

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said. Not many are willing to place blame on both sides. I think it's obvious. Why are we hung up on petty arguments about masks when the federal government spent more money in the first quarter than all of 2019 combined? A bi-partisan affair i might add. At least we had plenty of extra money in our federal coffers /s.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gray, it wasn't you having an opinion, that I was questioning. I think you know I value your opinion whether it is shared or different from mine.

No, it's that folks on the left are fed ill intent about what those on the right think and those on the right are fed ill intent about what those on the left think. To me this assumption of others as evil, traitors, or names like libturds - which I was called on this board - this animosity to those who have different opinions, that infects so much of what we hear, this is what I hate. There are dark forces out there trying to tell you what I think or telling me what you think and they are both wrong. It seemed, and I could be wrong, that there was an assumption, not of yours, but of the way that information is being given to you that those who are concerned about Covid19 are not concerned about the economy. I wanted to make sure you know I am concerned about the economy and that I am more concerned about people using good practices than what is opening up. It would be equally unfair for anyone to think that most of those who are concerned about the economy aren't concerned about Covid19.

Oh an I agree about rural vs urban areas needing different practices. When I am out running, I don't wear a mask because I'm not within 6 feet of anyone. It's only when I go to a store or something that I wear a mask as wearing one in crowded areas helps reduce spread.

• BobLBobL Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Trump said the "hysteria" surrounding the virus was a hoax. In light of banning travel from China 1/29/20, he clearly did not think the virus was a hoax (as misrepresented by the main stream media).

Yes and people including people here are saying Trump should have known about this in January and done something including people wearing masks in February.. I thought maybe you were clued in on some of the talk. My mistake.

Correct, but his main advisor(Fauci) was saying that there was nothing to worry about.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay clue me in. What exactly did he do Feb 6-29 to prepare for the virus?

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh come on now Kasey. Trump wasn't calling the virus a hoax. He was calling the Dem critique of how he's handled it a hoax. Among other things. But of course the Dems took the sound bite and ran with it to do PR damage. They've pulled this nasty trick multiple times actually.

This discussion has been closed.