Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

Dreamchaser Ty next to commit on Saturday

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Akeem Dent listed is as a finalist... any fire behind this smoke?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

Prob just building up suspense

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

Prob just building up suspense

Agreed. Hankton and Rambo came down to see Elam, did not drop in on Dent. Only 15 mins between the two. I’d be shocked if hes in the class considering he hasn’t been to campus and staff hasn’t been in Dent’s home/school. Just phone conversations at this point. If Dent is in, it means Elam told us no and I’m confident that hasn’t happened, yet.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some more recruiting info from Smallwood, via Carter at another site:

Smallwood talked with Haselwood. Haselwood says he did not sign any NLI for the early signing period. He submitted financial aid paperwork with Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida State... which ultimately means very little but he will be enrolling after his announcement as classes start just a few days later. He says he has not informed any coaching staff of his decision and they will all find out with the rest of us.

When asked how Justin Fields’ status factors into his decision, Haselwood said “I can’t answer that.”

When asked about the Cam Newton conversation saying he needs to get out, Haselwood said that was a publicity stunt. (As I in a different thread speculated might be the case).

Kaiir Elam was interviewed, said that he would like to play with Stevenson and that if Stevenson is a Dawg then it would help UGA a lot with potentially landing him as well.

• Options

@RandomFan said:

Smallwood talked with Haselwood. Haselwood says he did not sign any NLI for the early signing period. He submitted financial aid paperwork with Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida State... which ultimately means very little but he will be enrolling after his announcement as classes start just a few days later. He says he has not informed any coaching staff of his decision and they will all find out with the rest of us.

When asked how Justin Fields’ status factors into his decision, Haselwood said “I can’t answer that.”

When asked about the Cam Newton conversation saying he needs to get out, Haselwood said that was a publicity stunt. (As I in a different thread speculated might be the case).

Kaiir Elam was interviewed, said that he would like to play with Stevenson and that if Stevenson is a Dawg then it would help UGA a lot with potentially landing him as

It’s all over the place with Haselwood. Panic on Steveson, got those in the know with conflicting info as well now consulting each other. Crazy cycle.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

Kaiir Elam was interviewed, said that he would like to play with Stevenson and that if Stevenson is a Dawg then it would help UGA a lot with potentially landing him as

It’s all over the place with Haselwood. Panic on Steveson, got those in the know with conflicting info as well now consulting each other. Crazy cycle.

Is missing on Stevenson and Elam a possibility at this point? Backup plan?

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg last year was so much fun, this year just makes me want to drink.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Panic on Steveson, got those in the know with conflicting info as well now consulting each other.

I'm curious about this development. I would think this "panic" about Stevenson would be coinciding with Diaz being hired at Miami? But if he already signed his LOI as reported then that wouldn't really matter at this point, it's too late. So what gives? Are some thinking he just picked Miami in the first place and are just now finding out about it?

• Options

@Muffingod said:
    @SoFL_Dawg last year was so much fun, this year just makes me want to drink.

We’re bringing in the new year with Slow Comfortable Screws.

• Options

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Panic on Steveson, got those in the know with conflicting info as well now consulting each other.

I'm curious about this development. I would think this "panic" about Stevenson would be coinciding with Diaz being hired at Miami? But if he already signed his LOI as reported then that wouldn't really matter at this point, it's too late. So what gives? Are some thinking he just picked Miami in the first place and are just now finding out about it?

That’s the point, he’s already signed so no need to panic. Because he likes Diaz it’s sparking the chatter.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

That’s the point, he’s already signed so no need to panic. Because he likes Diaz it’s sparking the chatter.

OK, so I must have misread you. It seemed like you were saying some "people in the know" were starting to panic -- which as we said would be confusing.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

OK, so I must have misread you. It seemed like you were saying some "people in the know" were starting to panic -- which as we said would be confusing.

FWIW, I read it like that too.

• Options

@umooner said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

FWIW, I read it like that too.

My bad I’ll edit.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

News is still firm. LOI is in for Stevenson and those in the know feel that we have it. That’s the news that was shared last week, obviously that hasn’t changed. Elam we still have a lot of work to do and the naming of the DC will matter despite this being “Kirby’s” defense.

Irons in fire on a few DB targets but not expecting to miss on Stevenson or Elam.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there might be something to the stevenson rumors even though he sent in his NLI

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@RandomFan said:

News is still firm. LOI is in for Stevenson and those in the know feel that we have it. That’s the news that was shared last week, obviously that hasn’t changed. Elam we still have a lot of work to do and the naming of the DC will matter despite this being “Kirby’s” defense.

Irons in fire on a few DB targets but not expecting to miss on Stevenson or Elam.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there might be something to the stevenson rumors even though he sent in his NLI

People who don’t know or believe the LOI was sent are spreading rumors.

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

So do y’all think we still have a shot with haselwood or is he still heading out west

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gone to Oklahoma

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I drank too much you guys!!!!

This discussion has been closed.