Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    According to 247Sports, D Wright is also deciding between Georgia and North Carolina for a January 25th official visit.

-Never Count out the Pittboss

I actually don't think we need another OL this class, much rather load up in 2020 with Broderick, Rogers (OL/DL), Chris Morris, Tate Ratledge, Andrew Raym, and Jalen Rivers.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    According to 247Sports, D Wright is also deciding between Georgia and North Carolina for a January 25th official visit.

I actually don't think we need another OL this class, much rather load up in 2020 with Broderick, Rogers (OL/DL), Chris Morris, Tate Ratledge, Andrew Raym, and Jalen Rivers.

Need, maybe not, but a guy with his talent should always have a spot.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Plus more cred as a national program; and higher class score, which might top ykw's.

• Options

@TNDawg71 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

He's a bit raw as is. Will take 1-2 years to be SEC ready. DL & DB are much bigger needs IMHO. Plus I'm pretty sure he's being steered to Tennessee. As with Nester, I'm good if he goes elsewhere.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Hartley is a rare DD-Dawg on the coaching staff. "DD" as in double degree here.

Undergrad and Masters from UGA.

Those are simply called Double Dawgs.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell you wrote about Plumlee and said that coaches can’t go in home with him and he can’t take an official visit to Georgia in order to maintain the possibility of blue shirting. Is he allowed to take an unofficial visit or would that void the blue shirt?

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,564 admin
    edited January 2019

@Muffingod said:
    @JeffSentell you wrote about Plumlee and said that coaches can’t go in home with him and he can’t take an official visit to Georgia in order to maintain the possibility of blue shirting. Is he allowed to take an unofficial visit or would that void the blue shirt?

Unofficials will not void the blue shirt. He's already taken at least 2-3 of those to UGA.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

@Muffingod said:

Unofficials will not void the blue shirt. He's already taken at least 2-3 of those to UGA.

Thanks for the clarification Jeff!

• Options

Almost a year ago, the recruitment for Phillip Webb got started.

It got off to somewhat a slow start for a prospect of his caliber, but as more schools saw the 6-foot-4, 210 pound linebacker out of Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier in action, more offers started rolling in.

Wake Forest offered first on February 2. He added offers here and there throughout the spring evaluation period, but after a big fall, where offers rolled in, the Rivals250 linebacker is up to 30 offers.

During the season, Webb added well over a dozen offers and he took in games at Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee.

TAKING IT ALL IN: "When I am on visits, I am looking at how I fit into the scheme as well as the home feeling. I try to learn as much as I can on each visit."

ATMOSPHERE: "Georgia had one of the best. It was a night game against Auburn and it was a great atmosphere. Clemson when they played South Carolina was very similar. Those atmospheres jump out to me a little."

THE SCHEME: "Every school is recruiting me to play outside linebacker and I don't really have a preference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 defense. I am kind of used to a 3-4 scheme because that is what my high school team rush, but I wouldn't say it matters much."

JUNIOR DAYS: "I do not have anything set up yet, but I will probably get to Clemson and Georgia again, maybe Duke, Auburn and some other schools."

"I really want to get down to visit Oklahoma. I have a good relationship with coach Riley and coach Kish. I want to see what it is like there."

SHOWING MOST INTEREST: "Auburn, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Georgia and some others. A lot of schools are showing similar interest right now."

"I don't really have a timeline right now. All I really know is that I would like to be committed before my senior year."

"My decision will be based on relationships mainly. It will be very important to see who I bond with the best."

Webb seems to be completely open at this time. His father attended Auburn, so the Tigers were Webb's favorite school growing up. You have to keep an eye on Auburn. Clemson, Georgia and some others have impressed early on. These next few months will be important for Webb as he looks to make a decision over the summer. Will he take official visits this spring? That is something we will monitor too.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Almost a year ago, the recruitment for Phillip Webb got started.

It got off to somewhat a slow start for a prospect of his caliber, but as more schools saw the 6-foot-4, 210 pound linebacker out of Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier in action, more offers started rolling in.

Wake Forest offered first on February 2. He added offers here and there throughout the spring evaluation period, but after a big fall, where offers rolled in, the Rivals250 linebacker is up to 30 offers.

During the season, Webb added well over a dozen offers and he took in games at Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee.

TAKING IT ALL IN: "When I am on visits, I am looking at how I fit into the scheme as well as the home feeling. I try to learn as much as I can on each visit."

ATMOSPHERE: "Georgia had one of the best. It was a night game against Auburn and it was a great atmosphere. Clemson when they played South Carolina was very similar. Those atmospheres jump out to me a little."

THE SCHEME: "Every school is recruiting me to play outside linebacker and I don't really have a preference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 defense. I am kind of used to a 3-4 scheme because that is what my high school team rush, but I wouldn't say it matters much."

JUNIOR DAYS: "I do not have anything set up yet, but I will probably get to Clemson and Georgia again, maybe Duke, Auburn and some other schools."

"I really want to get down to visit Oklahoma. I have a good relationship with coach Riley and coach Kish. I want to see what it is like there."

SHOWING MOST INTEREST: "Auburn, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Georgia and some others. A lot of schools are showing similar interest right now."

"I don't really have a timeline right now. All I really know is that I would like to be committed before my senior year."

"My decision will be based on relationships mainly. It will be very important to see who I bond with the best."

Webb seems to be completely open at this time. His father attended Auburn, so the Tigers were Webb's favorite school growing up. You have to keep an eye on Auburn. Clemson, Georgia and some others have impressed early on. These next few months will be important for Webb as he looks to make a decision over the summer. Will he take official visits this spring? That is something we will monitor too.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/phillip-webb-197591

https://twitter.com/phillipwebb?lang=en

• Options
    PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like he's still shopping around, considering what's going on in Miami. That would be a huge get, if we can convince him. Projected as a DB or a WR?

• Options

@Portlanddawg said:

Seems like he's still shopping around, considering what's going on in Miami. That would be a huge get, if we can convince him. Projected as a DB or a WR?

I think DB or RB

• Options

Amarius Mims is a 6-foot-6, 295 pound sophomore offensive tackle out of Cochran (Ga.) Bleckley County and Georgia offered him Monday. The Bulldogs were first to offer the emerging talent out of middle Georgia. It did not take Florida long to follow though; the Gators offered a couple of hours later.

This attention is after Mims broke his leg early in basketball season a year ago. With the knee injury, he missed spring practice in 2018, he missed time in the weight room, and due to the circumstances, he lined up at tight end and on the defensive line as a sophomore.

He is completely back now. He was just a few months ago around 275 pounds, but is now 295 pounds. He played offensive tackle in an all-star game a few weeks ago and impressed. His stock is on the rise and the Bulldogs have his attention early.

"Georgia came by the school and I was surprised when I found out about the offer," said Mims. "It feels good to have an offer from Georgia. To have a school like Georgia offer me first is big.

"I have talked to coach Dan Lanning and he told me that Georgia watched my film, saw my film from the [GACA] all-star game and that I am what they are looking for. He said he likes my character too. We talked about the position I want to play and that is offensive tackle.

"I visited Georgia when they played UMass. I really liked the campus, I liked how the coaches talked to me and the fans are great at Georgia. I liked being around the coaches and meeting the players and there too.

"It feels good to have offers, but I am surprised by it all. Georgia offering me first is big. I will be back up there January 26 for another visit."

Mims is going to add a lot more offers in the coming months. He is a very athletic big man that can bend and move. This will be a big off-season for him now that he is healthy and he is able to focus on offensive tackle. Georgia offering him first stands out to him. He does not know too much about Georgia yet, other than what he learned on his visit in the fall. He knows less about Florida at this time. Alabama was his favorite team growing up. Mims is a name that many will become very familiar with the next couple of years.

• Options
    agphillagphill Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any chance on getting George Pickens? I may have missed a post about this already.

• Options

@agphill said:
    Any chance on getting George Pickens? I may have missed a post about this already.

My opinion is no. I am not sure he qualifies and I don’t think he’s really interested in Georgia or impressed with the offense. Could be wrong of course

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@agphill said:

Yes.

From 1-100% how confident are you he is in this class?

This discussion has been closed.