Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

It has been said that Kirby would like to finish the class with 3 of these guys.

Which three do you think we end with?

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we even get three

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

It has been said that Kirby would like to finish the class with 3 of these guys.

i'll take Elam, Richards, and Seither

edit: i would love to have Shepherd however i think those 3 fill our needs best

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

I'm pretty sure we have room for 4 more, not 3. Walthour doesn't count towards the 25 for this class, he counts for the 2018 class. And IF Plumlee sticks, he won't count toward the 25 this year either.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

Where do spots open up at?

@IwantNakobe said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

@IwantNakobe said:
    If we even get three

I'm not sure that the Dawgs get 3 of them. Shepherd is going to A&M or Texas, Pickens I don't see, Elam, I have always projected to Florida... I can see Seither and Richards though TCU (and the field) will be tough to beat for Brett. The greatness of the transfer portal has gifted the team slots; that and the NFL draft

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    I’m going to miss this thread when it’s retired...

Still confused about why people are saying that. Why don't we just keep it?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@IwantNakobe said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

I would love to get Pickens, Elam and Richards. Can't pass on a 5* WR as long as he is 75% likely to qualify.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the deal with Pickens and not qualifying? Grades?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Polynikes said:
    What is the deal with Pickens and not qualifying? Grades?

That or act scores. I’ve heard both

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@IwantNakobe said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens
    Kaiir Elam
    RB- Mark-Antony Richards
    OT- Javonne Shepherd
    TE- Brett Seither

I would love to get Pickens, Elam and Richards. Can't pass on a 5* WR as long as he is 75% likely to qualify.

100% agree!
    I’d be in if it were a coin flip to be honest.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The talk around the Under Armour game was that he'd gotten some letters of intent but held off on signing. It appears that was true, but what wasn't discussed was who sent him those letters. Most assumed it was Auburn, but we're told that it was, in fact, Georgia sent him a letter of intent over on signing day around 10:30. He almost signed it, over letters he had in hand from Tennessee and LSU. Auburn did not send one.

Right now, those close to the situation (and there are not many) feel that Auburn is falling in the race, while Georgia and Tennessee are seeing a big upswing in their chances. The feeling is that if it were to happen today, Auburn would not be the final landing spot. It is expected it would likely be Georgia with Tennessee close behind.

All of that being said, I'm still skeptical that Georgia (or possibly anyone) spends the spot on him. He's completely worth the take from a talent standpoint, but I'm told it's 50-50 'at best' that he qualifies. Apparently, he's not doing much this semester to aid his cause either.

This is a tough situation, and it sounds as though it could drag well into the summer academically if there was a chance of things getting worked out.

This is seems to be a GPA/class/transcript issue.

“Could he be a “sign and place” guy like Walthour”
    You run a big risk there, as he'd essentially just push reset on his recruitment. He'd be free to visit elsewhere if he chose, and the market would certainly be big for him coming out of JUCO. Walthour and Wyatt were likely always coming back.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tiger_62082 said:
    The talk around the Under Armour game was that he'd gotten some letters of intent but held off on signing. It appears that was true, but what wasn't discussed was who sent him those letters. Most assumed it was Auburn, but we're told that it was, in fact, Georgia sent him a letter of intent over on signing day around 10:30. He almost signed it, over letters he had in hand from Tennessee and LSU. Auburn did not send one.

Right now, those close to the situation (and there are not many) feel that Auburn is falling in the race, while Georgia and Tennessee are seeing a big upswing in their chances. The feeling is that if it were to happen today, Auburn would not be the final landing spot. It is expected it would likely be Georgia with Tennessee close behind.

All of that being said, I'm still skeptical that Georgia (or possibly anyone) spends the spot on him. He's completely worth the take from a talent standpoint, but I'm told it's 50-50 'at best' that he qualifies. Apparently, he's not doing much this semester to aid his cause either.

This is a tough situation, and it sounds as though it could drag well into the summer academically if there was a chance of things getting worked out.

This is seems to be a GPA/class/transcript issue.

“Could he be a “sign and place” guy like Walthour”
    You run a big risk there, as he'd essentially just push reset on his recruitment. He'd be free to visit elsewhere if he chose, and the market would certainly be big for him coming out of JUCO. Walthour and Wyatt were likely always coming back.

What's the word on Nadab?

This discussion has been closed.