Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    The talk around the Under Armour game was that he'd gotten some letters of intent but held off on signing. It appears that was true, but what wasn't discussed was who sent him those letters. Most assumed it was Auburn, but we're told that it was, in fact, Georgia sent him a letter of intent over on signing day around 10:30. He almost signed it, over letters he had in hand from Tennessee and LSU. Auburn did not send one.

Right now, those close to the situation (and there are not many) feel that Auburn is falling in the race, while Georgia and Tennessee are seeing a big upswing in their chances. The feeling is that if it were to happen today, Auburn would not be the final landing spot. It is expected it would likely be Georgia with Tennessee close behind.

All of that being said, I'm still skeptical that Georgia (or possibly anyone) spends the spot on him. He's completely worth the take from a talent standpoint, but I'm told it's 50-50 'at best' that he qualifies. Apparently, he's not doing much this semester to aid his cause either.

This is a tough situation, and it sounds as though it could drag well into the summer academically if there was a chance of things getting worked out.

This is seems to be a GPA/class/transcript issue.

“Could he be a “sign and place” guy like Walthour”
    You run a big risk there, as he'd essentially just push reset on his recruitment. He'd be free to visit elsewhere if he chose, and the market would certainly be big for him coming out of JUCO. Walthour and Wyatt were likely always coming back.

What's the word on Nadab?

Not enrolled in JUCO. Cannot be located. Sad story

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@ThisDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    The talk around the Under Armour game was that he'd gotten some letters of intent but held off on signing. It appears that was true, but what wasn't discussed was who sent him those letters. Most assumed it was Auburn, but we're told that it was, in fact, Georgia sent him a letter of intent over on signing day around 10:30. He almost signed it, over letters he had in hand from Tennessee and LSU. Auburn did not send one.

Right now, those close to the situation (and there are not many) feel that Auburn is falling in the race, while Georgia and Tennessee are seeing a big upswing in their chances. The feeling is that if it were to happen today, Auburn would not be the final landing spot. It is expected it would likely be Georgia with Tennessee close behind.

All of that being said, I'm still skeptical that Georgia (or possibly anyone) spends the spot on him. He's completely worth the take from a talent standpoint, but I'm told it's 50-50 'at best' that he qualifies. Apparently, he's not doing much this semester to aid his cause either.

This is a tough situation, and it sounds as though it could drag well into the summer academically if there was a chance of things getting worked out.

This is seems to be a GPA/class/transcript issue.

“Could he be a “sign and place” guy like Walthour”
    You run a big risk there, as he'd essentially just push reset on his recruitment. He'd be free to visit elsewhere if he chose, and the market would certainly be big for him coming out of JUCO. Walthour and Wyatt were likely always coming back.

What's the word on Nadab?

Not enrolled in JUCO. Cannot be located. Sad story

Heard he's getting his classes together now but not playing football. Weird situation. Also his social media is heavy pro UGA.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So we shouldn't expect him next year?

• Options

@ThisDawg said:
    So we shouldn't expect him next year?

Not according to those in the know

• Options
    edited January 2019

For Class of 2020 Rivals100 athlete Teriyon "Mookie" Cooper, this upcoming weekend's visit to Athens should be a learning experience for all parties involved.

"I don’t have that much of a super strong relationship with Georgia, but me and Coach [Cortez] Hankton are building one," Cooper said. "Hopefully, things will take off after the visit."

So, if the relationship isn't there already, what's bringing the 5-foot-10, 182-pound do-it-all prospect to Athens?

"Because I like the direction it’s going there, and I like the production of Georgia’s football program," Cooper said. "This will be my first visit, and I’m just expecting to meet the coaches and get a little bit of a taste of the Georgia atmosphere. I’ll attend a game next season."

As for what he is seeking in a school, Cooper said he wants "to see them sending players to the next level, relations with coaches, and plans for after football."

For now, there are no leaders, so Georgia could make some headway this weekend.

"I have good bonds with or am on track to building a stronger one with all of the others schools listed in my Top 10," Cooper said.

Georgia has had success with a quarterback from Tampa, Florida's Plant High School in the past -- SEC great Aaron Murray.

Bulldog coaches were back there on Monday, and they are hoping the Panthers have another star in their midst, as they extended an offer to quarterback Tucker Gleason during the visit.

"They came down to school. Coach [James] Coley was here along with some of the other coaches, because I believe they were visiting other kids in the area. [Plant High head] Coach [Robert] We in er actually was the one who told me they had offered me," Gleason said. "I didn’t really get the chance to talk to them in depth, but I know Coach We in er had been talking me up to them for a little bit now."

The connections are already in place, however.

"So, I actually grew up watching Georgia football. My mom's side of the family is all from Georgia, so it was a huge thing, not only to me, but also my family," Gleason said. "I was a big Aaron Murray fan when I was little, and it’s crazy to think I’m now at the high school he was at, under the coach he had, and holding an offer to the school where he set all kinds of records."

For Gleason, the roots in the Peach State run deep, as do his affections toward the Bulldogs.

"They were from Glennville and Savannah, and they still live there," he said. "I did see Georgia play in the Outback Bowl here in Tampa, but I’ve never gotten up to Athens to see a game. I hope to get up there soon."

Could Murray end up playing a role?

"I’ve never met him, but I have talked to him on the phone once or twice before the season started," Gleason said.

It's not just the Bulldogs who've inquired, however.

"Kentucky and Pitt have offered recently," Gleason said. "I have nothing planned yet at far as visits. That’s something I need to get with Coach Wein er about and set some stuff up."

• Options

-Nothing new to report on the coaching end. It does not look like Kirby Smart is in any hurry at all with this hire on the defensive side. He was on the road all day Tuesday and sat with 2020 WR Justin Robinson of ELCA last night at the Kentucky basketball game for a long time. I really like Robinson after seeing him in person the first time at the Georgia State Championships. He is legit 6-4 and can run.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    For Class of 2020 Rivals100 athlete Teriyon "Mookie" Cooper, this upcoming weekend's visit to Athens should be a learning experience for all parties involved.

"[omitted]

Bulldog coaches were back there on Monday, and they are hoping the Panthers have another star in their midst, as they extended an offer to quarterback Tucker Gleason during the visit.

"They came down to school. Coach [James] Coley was here along with some of the other coaches, because I believe they [omitted]

Cooper:
    https://247sports.com/Player/Mookie-Cooper-46039953/

Gleason:
    https://247sports.com/Player/Tucker-Gleason-46054252/

And this (close enough):

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Who is the transfer that said UGA definitely getting a visit? It's on 247 and dont have VIP access.

• Options

@ThisDawg said:
    Who is the transfer that said UGA definitely getting a visit? It's on 247 and dont have VIP access.

Cager, WR, from Miami as a grad transfer.
    I'd hope we pass

• Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why hasn’t Dell tried to go after Jerrion Ealy?? He’s the #3 RB, & could arguably be #1. He’s an absolute stud.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@chattdawg27 said:
    Why hasn’t Dell tried to go after Jerrion Ealy?? He’s the #3 RB, & could arguably be #1. He’s an absolute stud.

word on the street he's going to play baseball

• Options

@chattdawg27 said:

Clemson lock

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

Keelee ringo visiting next weekend let’s keep stacking the secondary

• Options

Can we get a confirmation on visitors this weekend @JeffSentell? somebody?

This discussion has been closed.