Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@Kasey said:
    I drank too much you guys!!!!

Holy chit, me too!!! Way too much whiskey!!!!

My Ninja.....

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

Whys head cutoff in all pics I wonder

Edit: retakes in order or maybe just a Twitter mishap

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Appreciate you so much @tiger_62082

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    BJ Ojulari naturally is intrigued by the idea of going to Georgia, knowing he could have the opportunity there to play alongside his older brother, Azeez Ojulari, a freshman outside linebacker for the Bulldogs.

But Tennessee is among the other schools that have caught his attention.

The four-star Class of 2020 defensive end/linebacker from Marietta (Ga.) High School has seen plenty of Tennessee over the past year and returned there Saturday to attend its junior day, visiting the Vols for the fourth time in the past six months and the fifth time since last spring.

The younger Ojulari has yet to put together a formal list of favorites, but he said Tennessee is one of several teams he’s strongly considering, along with Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, Florida, Alabama, LSU and South Carolina.

His latest trip to Knoxville on Saturday only gave him a closer look at some of the things he likes about the Vols.

“I really like Tennessee,” said Ojulari, who's ranked the No. 84 overall prospect and No. 6 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I really got to know the coaching staff really well. I really like them right now, but I’m still looking at some other schools, too. We’re going to see.

“There’s also a great atmosphere (there), the community and stuff, the love they show you when you’re down there and the facilities and stuff. Everywhere has great facilities, but Tennessee, sometimes it just feels like home.”

The 6-foot-3, 216-pound Ojulari joined a few Marietta teammates, including four-star Tennessee quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey and five-star athlete Arik Gilbert, in making the trip to Tennessee.

Ojulari said Saturday’s visit allowed him to see more of the Vols’ training and medical facilities, and he “went to go see the dorms and check on one of my former teammates, Ramel Keyton, and see how he’s doing.”

Keyton, a former four-star prospect, is a freshman wide receiver who enrolled at Tennessee last week.

“He really likes it,” Ojulari said of Keyton. “He didn’t really say much. We were just relaxing, kicking it with him, talking about some stuff. He’s recruiting me, too.”

Keyton “made it clear” that he wants Ojulari to join him in playing for the Vols, he said, and told him “that they're changing the culture and they need some defensive guys, because they already built their offense.”

While the idea of joining his brother at Georgia is enticing, Ojulari said having Keyton — and perhaps Bailey — at Tennessee could make it easier for him to envision himself playing for the Vols.

“It’s definitely in consideration to play with your friends or play with your family, or just be around people who’s close to you, that you already know,” Ojulari said.

“Georgia, I still like them. They’re a big, top school right now, too. I’ve just got to take more visits and see where I best fit.”

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer and co-defensive coordinator Chris Rumph, who’s also the Vols’ outside linebackers coach, spent time with Ojulari on Saturday.

“They all pitched the same thing to me: that they need me, they want me here,” Ojulari said. “They need some edge rushers, because they don’t have a lot at the moment. Right now, they’re short at the position.”

A clearer path to early playing time could be “a little factor” in his recruitment, he said, “but I’m not really taking it into consideration, because anywhere I go, I’m going to have to compete.”

“It’s a little enticing,” Ojulari added, “but I still look at the bigger picture.”

Ojulari learned Saturday that his area recruiter for Tennessee — Charles Kelly, the Vols’ former safeties coach and special teams coordinator — had left to join Alabama’s staff. He said he likes Kelly, but Kelly’s departure is “not going to be too big of a factor” in regard to Ojulari’s interest in Tennessee because he’s “really connected with all the coaching staff, most of the coaching staff on the defensive side.”

Saturday's visit also allowed him to attend his first basketball game at Tennessee. A sellout crowd of more than 21,000 watched the third-ranked Vols pull out a hard-fought win over Alabama.

“It was a great game,” Ojulari said. "It was very close, down to the wire, so that was a good experience. (The sellout crowd) definitely says that they’re committed to all sports and they support the players in any sport.”

Ojulari said he’s scheduled to return to Georgia next weekend, and he’s “planning to go to Alabama soon — in February, possibly — and Clemson.” He said it probably won’t be long before he returns to Tennessee, too, perhaps for a spring practice.

He might be ready to decide on a college as early as this spring.

“I’m shooting for May or August — either one of those months,” Ojulari said. “I want to get it over with before the season.”

What’s the odds that we secure this young pup with the good guys ? I’m going 60/40 right now.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    BJ Ojulari naturally is intrigued by the idea of going to Georgia, knowing he could have the opportunity there to play alongside his older brother, Azeez Ojulari, a freshman outside linebacker for the Bulldogs.

But Tennessee is among the other schools that have caught his attention.

The four-star Class of 2020 defensive end/linebacker from Marietta (Ga.) High School has seen plenty of Tennessee over the past year and returned there Saturday to attend its junior day, visiting the Vols for the fourth time in the past six months and the fifth time since last spring.

The younger Ojulari has yet to put together a formal list of favorites, but he said Tennessee is one of several teams he’s strongly considering, along with Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, Florida, Alabama, LSU and South Carolina.

His latest trip to Knoxville on Saturday only gave him a closer look at some of the things he likes about the Vols.

“I really like Tennessee,” said Ojulari, who's ranked the No. 84 overall prospect and No. 6 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I really got to know the coaching staff really well. I really like them right now, but I’m still looking at some other schools, too. We’re going to see.

“There’s also a great atmosphere (there), the community and stuff, the love they show you when you’re down there and the facilities and stuff. Everywhere has great facilities, but Tennessee, sometimes it just feels like home.”

The 6-foot-3, 216-pound Ojulari joined a few Marietta teammates, including four-star Tennessee quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey and five-star athlete Arik Gilbert, in making the trip to Tennessee.

Ojulari said Saturday’s visit allowed him to see more of the Vols’ training and medical facilities, and he “went to go see the dorms and check on one of my former teammates, Ramel Keyton, and see how he’s doing.”

Keyton, a former four-star prospect, is a freshman wide receiver who enrolled at Tennessee last week.

“He really likes it,” Ojulari said of Keyton. “He didn’t really say much. We were just relaxing, kicking it with him, talking about some stuff. He’s recruiting me, too.”

Keyton “made it clear” that he wants Ojulari to join him in playing for the Vols, he said, and told him “that they're changing the culture and they need some defensive guys, because they already built their offense.”

While the idea of joining his brother at Georgia is enticing, Ojulari said having Keyton — and perhaps Bailey — at Tennessee could make it easier for him to envision himself playing for the Vols.

“It’s definitely in consideration to play with your friends or play with your family, or just be around people who’s close to you, that you already know,” Ojulari said.

“Georgia, I still like them. They’re a big, top school right now, too. I’ve just got to take more visits and see where I best fit.”

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer and co-defensive coordinator Chris Rumph, who’s also the Vols’ outside linebackers coach, spent time with Ojulari on Saturday.

“They all pitched the same thing to me: that they need me, they want me here,” Ojulari said. “They need some edge rushers, because they don’t have a lot at the moment. Right now, they’re short at the position.”

A clearer path to early playing time could be “a little factor” in his recruitment, he said, “but I’m not really taking it into consideration, because anywhere I go, I’m going to have to compete.”

“It’s a little enticing,” Ojulari added, “but I still look at the bigger picture.”

Ojulari learned Saturday that his area recruiter for Tennessee — Charles Kelly, the Vols’ former safeties coach and special teams coordinator — had left to join Alabama’s staff. He said he likes Kelly, but Kelly’s departure is “not going to be too big of a factor” in regard to Ojulari’s interest in Tennessee because he’s “really connected with all the coaching staff, most of the coaching staff on the defensive side.”

Saturday's visit also allowed him to attend his first basketball game at Tennessee. A sellout crowd of more than 21,000 watched the third-ranked Vols pull out a hard-fought win over Alabama.

“It was a great game,” Ojulari said. "It was very close, down to the wire, so that was a good experience. (The sellout crowd) definitely says that they’re committed to all sports and they support the players in any sport.”

Ojulari said he’s scheduled to return to Georgia next weekend, and he’s “planning to go to Alabama soon — in February, possibly — and Clemson.” He said it probably won’t be long before he returns to Tennessee, too, perhaps for a spring practice.

He might be ready to decide on a college as early as this spring.

“I’m shooting for May or August — either one of those months,” Ojulari said. “I want to get it over with before the season.”

What’s the odds that we secure this young pup with the good guys ? I’m going 60/40 right now.

Sounds right to me. Really going to need to see some attrition from this group. Probably the most deep and talented team room in the country. Can’t take/ keep them all. Maybe JJ is one and done, Beal will be eligible (doubt he’s a three year and out guy), Grant maybe falls out of rotation. Sherman considering us adds a layer of complexity along with Clowney.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

I'd say BJ is 70/30 likely if we push

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Does anyone on the right side of crazytown seriously think Tennessee has already "built their offense?" That is absolutely hilarious.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I would say Georgia leads now,” Seither told Dawgs247. “Just the culture and the environment here. The visit went great. Everything stood out to me. The facilities were obviously great and the campus was beautiful.”

This discussion has been closed.