Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone care to share who Hartley is referring to hear? Or what? I may be totally confused

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

Anyone care to share who Hartley is referring to hear? Or what? I may be totally confused

Think he is just showing off the new locker room (he hasn’t got to see it much in person yet). Recruits he is close with will now get to see it.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

Think he is just showing off the new locker room (he hasn’t got to see it much in person yet). Recruits he is close with will now get to see it.

Thanks. Couldn't remember who's been shown in the # 7 Jersey.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    FYI... Jonathan Mingo is planning to officially visit Georgia. that visit could take place on the last weekend before National Signing Day.

and he's a decent looking WR too. I wonder how hard it would be for UGA to pull him away from Ole Miss' spotlight

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since the start of 2019, David Daniel has been one of the hottest prospects in the state of Georgia.

The dead period ended and the college coaches hit the road January 11 for the first time in 2019. Since then, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Michigan State, Nebraska, Tennessee and Vanderbilt have offered Daniel.

We should probably stop now and make sure you that the 6-foot-2, 180 pound defensive back is only a sophomore.

He moved up to Georgia from Florida a few years ago and all this is happening for the student-athlete at Woodstock (Ga.).

"This is kind of a dream," said Daniel. "I am just thankful to be in this position. Not many have the options I do, so I am so thankful.

"I used to watch TV and think about being one of those guys playing in those games, and now, I feel that I could get there. I am just so thankful."

Daniel grew up very close to the University of Miami. He was a big Hurricanes fan, so when he got that offer, the quiet, reserved Daniel may have shown a little emotion. He talked about it in this interview though like any other offer.

"I am happy for every offer, but I grew up around that college, I was a big fan, so the Miami offer was nice. I look at it now like any of the others though.

"Just being so close to Miami, being around so many people that loved that school made it hard not to be a fan."

The U has a new head coach and Daniel looks forward to getting to know him more.

"Coach Manny Diaz was recruiting me as the defensive back coach before he got the head coaching job, so I kind of knew him already. I do not know a lot about him, but I know some about him as a coach. I am going to keep looking at Miami like I am the other schools and getting to know more about the coaches and the school."

A school close to home will likely host him on a visit this weekend. Daniel has talked over the phone with Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and the two will have time to get to know each other better soon.

"Coach Smart has been there for a couple of years now and he has Georgia doing well. I know he used to coach under Nick Saban and he knows defensive backs, so he has a good history. I just want to get over and see what it is like and talk more with the people. I do not know too much about Georgia yet."

Georgia Tech came in with an offer as the new staff under Geoff Collins was being finalized and that stood out to Daniel.

"I was one of the first recruits the new staff offered, so that stands out to me with Georgia Tech," said Daniel. "I have done some research on them and I will be over there for a visit soon."

After the visit to Georgia, Daniel plans to visit Florida February 2. Then he is working to set up visits to Clemson, Duke and Georgia Tech after that. He does not know a lot about most of the schools that have offered, so these visits are important.

"I am going into the process not knowing too much about a lot of the schools that have offered me. I am focused on my classwork at school mainly, then I am doing some research on the schools when I can.

"I am looking forward to taking some visits soon. I am searching for that good connection with coaches and I want the coaches to connect with my parents too, so I will see how that goes when I out. I will be looking at the academics, the size of the classes, the campus and things like that when I am on visits too. I will be trying to learn as much as I can."

It is very early in the process for Daniel, so he has not even thought about favorites or anything lie that. He just knows he is planning to graduate early and that he would like to commit before his senior year.

"I am looking to learn about all the schools," said Daniel. "It is cool that I am getting offers from schools that are in different places, so I want to learn about them, learn more about the coaches and just see what it out there.

"The visits will show me a lot. I am going to learn as much as I can."

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg any update on Pickens. Is he gonna qualify? Does he still want to be a dawg?

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@IwantNakobe said:
    @SoFL_Dawg any update on Pickens. Is he gonna qualify? Does he still want to be a dawg?

Still waiting to hear on him.

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@IwantNakobe said:

Thanks as always

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@IwantNakobe said:

At what point is the verdict in with his qualification? Deadline I guess to take or move on?
    Update on Mingo?

• Options

I done told y'all that the staff was hitting up the DMV & West looking for Dawgs in 2020

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Looks a little light to be a guard. There is a BB category.

no one looks at it. i wanted everyone to see the basketball program's progression already under Crean.

Just favorite and use it when you feel the need to post. I’m not a big basketball guy myself but I will give it a click and most likely a like haha

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:
    I done told y'all that the staff was hitting up the DMV & West looking for Dawgs in 2020

Kirby is clearly happy to see Kelee’s 5 star ⭐️ mom rim shot LOL

This discussion has been closed.