Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 who do you think is more suited to ILB Walker or Reese?

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

I personally think Reese. I think walker could play it but I think the kid will grow more into and oLB. But I think Kirby is going to take both if he can. I think he values and puts a premium on athletic defenders in the front 7. But if I had a choose Reese is the first take.

• Options

@Jinx55 said:

@Denmen185 said:

I personally think Reese. I think walker could play it but I think the kid will grow more into and oLB. But I think Kirby is going to take both if he can. I think he values and puts a premium on athletic defenders in the front 7. But if I had a choose Reese is the first take.

I along with Jeff think it's either or. We also need a WR, a DT and 1 more CB IMO

• Options
    Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    It depends on academics as well. I listened to a Rivals podcast in which they stated Nadab Joseph had "grade issues." Obviously I don't know the specifics but we could've signed him to place him in a junior college if he can't qualify - which means there's still another slot for the secondary. I'm thinking Walthour will be the first "next" signee (in February).

Read that Joseph has qualified and confirmed him enrolling early.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    Another thing we can't totally forget is that we only KNOW of 18 scholarships available, 1 vacant and 17 Seniors who have exhausted their eligibility. While CKS will obviously know more than us here, signing the 24 requires 6 non-seniors to leave and that has not been identified yet.

Hardin will vacate one active scholarship going onto the medical waiver list and probably Roundtree. Marshall Long would have to be a question mark as I don’t see Kirby maintaining three scholarship kickers. There is no way you pull Rodrigo off and keep Long on scholarship.

That leaves three more and you can usually count on one leaving for the draft, one academic casualty and two to three basic transfers.

• Options
    icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:

@Denmen185 said:
    Another thing we can't totally forget is that we only KNOW of 18 scholarships available, 1 vacant and 17 Seniors who have exhausted their eligibility. While CKS will obviously know more than us here, signing the 24 requires 6 non-seniors to leave and that has not been identified yet.

Hardin will vacate one active scholarship going onto the medical waiver list and probably Roundtree. Marshall Long would have to be a question mark as I don’t see Kirby maintaining three scholarship kickers. There is no way you pull Rodrigo off and keep Long on scholarship.

That leaves three more and you can usually count on one leaving for the draft, one academic casualty and two to three basic transfers.

Have to figure the NP and JE are big question marks to return next year and with the OL recruits the last two years some of the older OL might look elsewhere for more playing time.

• Options

@BobcatGrad said:

@Denmen185 said:

Actually Hardin is the 1 vacancy that I referred to

• Options
    bulldoga44bulldoga44 Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

See Reese as a star, he is quick and lays the wood on anyone he is tackling, reminds me of a Thomas Davis

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

Not @tiger_62082 but I would say Reese because of the position Walker has played the last two years in high school. He lines up in most cases just like Carter and Bellamy do now. I also think Reese is the more physical of the two from watching film. I would take Reese over Walker, but if Reese will not show his hand and Walker will it would be hard to turn him down. Do not want to end up not getting either.

• Options
    spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

I for one think if Baker has a great playoff with the guys he is going to face he will be a top 2 round grade for the draft. That IMO will send him to the NFL.

Others I see leaving the openings will be:
    Roundtree- Medical DQ which I hate to see because he was a physical stud out of high school
    Jarvis Wilson- never going to do anything but special teams with what is on campus and coming.
    Sam Madden- Will not make the 2-Deep rotation once fall camp gets here and all the lineman are on campus.
    Chris Barnes- Got passed by Foggarty for 2nd team and Ericson is a Center prospect to come in a push for the 2-deep behind Galliard. He will not crack the top 2 at any other position on the OL
    Chigbu- No playing time and it will only get worse next year as Simmons, Landers, Holloman, Blount, Jackson and possibly Bush all show their talent.
    Natrez Patrick- Can't stay out of trouble for whatever reason. I think once treatment is over they will ask him to move on.
    Jayson Stanley- Special teams stud, but nothing major in his time and more studs will soon be ahead of him.
    D'Marcus Hayes- Never going to crack top 2 rotation at either tackle

• Options
    ajf611ajf611 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:

I hadn't really given that much thought though there is no question that Reese is the more versatile of the two. I also agree with you that it's an either / or scenario with them. We did sign a stacked LB class last year and 2019 is loaded.

I see our remaining five slots coming down to:
    Bush / Ezzard / Hall
    Reese / Walker
    Taylor-Stuart / Goodrich / Campbell / O'Neal / Wildgoose Jr.
    Davis / Sandidge / Thompson / Walthour

Baylor will be hard to beat for Bush but we can do it.
    I see Hall at Oregon or Southern Cal

Ezzard is ours if we want. I like his speed & versatility but he's clearly a backup option

I honestly can't break down what'll happen at linebacker. Too much new information & conflicting stories

I hear Goodrich and Thompson could be a package deal with the coach from Mizzou. LSU is the clear leader at this point for Super Mario.

Campbell is going to be a Cane IMHO

O'NEAL is interesting because I'd think he would've gone back to A&M but Jimbo hasn't lit it up at A&M. Oklahoma is also involved.

Taylor-Stuart seems more likely than not to go to USC but that's no sure thing

I'm not sure what's up with Wildgoose Jr. Can't see us taking his teammate and dumping hi. Maybe it's grades? Or maybe we told him to hold off.

I don't see Davis as a take. Yes, he has a lot of offers on paper but I'd venture to say few are of the instant take variety. He reminds me a lot of Gaillard in that he plays a lot of OL and is RAW as a DL. With who is left on the board, I just don't see it.

Sandidge is South Carolina bound IMHO. There's a reason he was at that campus a lot in the fall

Walthour is a take to me. He's underrated according to what I've read and ge has big offers. Furthermore, his plan was always to sign in February.

Thompson is a wildcard.

If I had to guess who the final five will be at this point, I'd say: Walthour, Reese or Walker, Taylor-Stuart or Goodrich, Bush, O'Neal (if he reschedules his official visit for January) or Wildgoose Jr.

My confidence on that is far from certain

@spradlin24

*Thompson could also take the O'Neal/ Wildgoose Jr. slot

A lot of folks think Cambell is going to UM, but from listening to @JeffSentell, I get the feeling we are very much in it for him. Almost like he knows something. It reminds me of how he used to talk about Fields, Salyer, Tindall and Ford. I could be off, just seems that I have heard a few comments from him on DND that gives me that feeling.

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough to project only taking one more DL in this class. Unless I've forgotten someone, Wyatt is the only other true interior DT that we've taken if you look at 2018 and 2019. All that DL depth we have is going to go pro or graduate soon and I feel like we'd really be taking a chance by only bringing in 2 true interior DLmen in two years. Maybe herring could move in?

• Options

@TheSmartWay said:
    Tough to project only taking one more DL in this class. Unless I've forgotten someone, Wyatt is the only other true interior DT that we've taken if you look at 2018 and 2019. All that DL depth we have is going to go pro or graduate soon and I feel like we'd really be taking a chance by only bringing in 2 true interior DLmen in two years. Maybe herring could move in?

Herring has impressed me this season. I think we have to remember that we lost zero last year and likely only lose Atkins this. We have Clark, Carter and Rochester from the 2016 class, Beal has been projected at DL which with Herring, M. Thompson and Wyatt puts us in a good position. Barnett moved back to DL this year and has 2 more years left and T. Thompson, Ledbetter, Hawkins-Muckle and Brown may all come back for their senior season. That's why I have always only had 2 in my class.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Denmen185 said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Herring has impressed me this season. I think we have to remember that we lost zero last year and likely only lose Atkins this. We have Clark, Carter and Rochester from the 2016 class, Beal has been projected at DL which with Herring, M. Thompson and Wyatt puts us in a good position. Barnett moved back to DL this year and has 2 more years left and T. Thompson, Ledbetter, Hawkins-Muckle and Brown may all come back for their senior season. That's why I have always only had 2 in my class.

Herring is from my high school. I watched him a couple of times. He can do anything he puts his mind to. I expect him to represent Mary Persons well for the next 2-3 years.

• Options

Brule decommitted due to "circumstances beyond my control"

• Options
    BigDawgBigDawg Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2017

I saw that too , I think we all saw that coming .

This discussion has been closed.