Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    How many are we expecting to sign in this class?

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

Strategize harder!

• Options

@Acrum21, should have more clarity mid Dec. Comes down to room that needs to be created first.

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    @Acrum21, should have more clarity mid Dec. Comes down to room that needs to be created first.

I counted 84 scholarships on 247. We have 15 seniors. Simple math =16. If Marshall Long isn't retained that goes to 17. 5-6 transfers/early draft guys puts this signing class around... 22-23? Decent ballpark? I was anticipating more towards 25 but that seems harder and harder.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I counted 84 scholarships on 247. We have 15 seniors. Simple math =16. If Marshall Long isn't retained that goes to 17. 5-6 transfers/early draft guys puts this signing class around... 22-23? Decent ballpark? I was anticipating more towards 25 but that seems harder and harder.

I believe it will be 25 as well which means tougher decisions will be made. Going to be some fan favorites asked to pursue greener pastures imo.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

Strategize harder!

Strategize all you want...it is one of those mysteries man is not supposed to be able to understand. It is whatever Kirby wants it to be...he can start subtracting at any moment he needs to in order to get what he sees as a better player. Way too many variables to make a good guess.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Question, a player graduates early say 3yrs, does/can he come off of scholarship and still be on the team?

• Options

@ThisDawg said:
    Question, a player graduates early say 3yrs, does/can he come off of scholarship and still be on the team?

I think he would have to "give up" his scholarship or have it taken from him. I mean, any player can, at any time, give up his scholarship, I think. It would make him a walk-on. Not sure why any player would do that. What do I know?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@ThisDawg said:

I suppose they could, but they'd have to pay for everything out of their own pocket

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@ThisDawg said:

I think he would have to "give up" his scholarship or have it taken from him. I mean, any player can, at any time, give up his scholarship, I think. It would make him a walk-on. Not sure why any player would do that. What do I know?

If he has already graduated why need it?

• Options

@ThisDawg said:

@donm said:

@ThisDawg said:

If he has already graduated why need it?

For grad school?

• Options

Trevor Keegan...next to commit

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Georgia has 15 seniors and one Graduate transfer=16. If Marshall Long gets a Medical Disqualification that goes to 18. That is almost a certain 18 anything else is speculation.

• Options

So if we're expecting more towards 25 signees, who fills the last 7 spots?

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg @CZCashvilleDawg do you think we hold onto Trezman?

• Options

@Muffingod said:

I think we do. Nolan, Travon, and Trez are all taking an OV to UTjr this weekend. Sounds to me like they are making it a UGA recruiting trip

• Options

Trevor Keegan...next man up

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Muffingod said:

Really depends on Dean. If he commites, 50-50 right now is my feeling. If not, 90-10 staying.

That being said I’d hate to lose him.

• Options

@Acrum21 said:
    So if we're expecting more towards 25 signees, who fills the last 7 spots?

Any combination of the following names based on 247 composite national position rankings:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S
    Jordan Battle-#6 S
    Noah Cain-#7 RB
    Nay’quan Wright-#20 RB
    DJ Williams-#35 RB

Stay tuned for DL targets...

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Muffingod said:

Really depends on Dean. If he commites, 50-50 right now is my feeling. If not, 90-10 staying.

That being said I’d hate to lose him.

I don’t think we will lose Marshall. He could potentially be a de in the Brandon cox mold as well.

This discussion has been closed.