Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Farewell Seth Emerson...

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Sooo Dean left the other site and Seth left here, ......it’s a free agency frenzy

Dean just re-birthed Dawg Post. Smart move because the merger of Scout and 247 pretty much was the death nail for that site. I came to here, from there and I wish them well. It will take time, but DN is the #1 site for us Dawg Forum Fans these days....

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Sooo Dean left the other site and Seth left here, ......it’s a free agency frenzy

Where did Dean go? Dawgpost was awesome, but I never cared for Legge. At all.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickles... wish you the best my friend!

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Time for Cy to step up.......

Has he cracked the 2 deep yet? Seems we’re getting pretty thin at beat writer this year, time for some of the young guys to step up. One area Kirby hasn’t been recruiting well.

• DawggieDawggie Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really miss listening to Seth on DawgNation Daily...

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Travisnunnally said:
    I am glad he is gone, Emerson and Towers hate UGA, I hope Towers is next.

I know Chip Towers and you are wrong.

• TravisnunnallyTravisnunnally Posts: 87 ✭ Freshman

Jeff sentell is an impartial journalist, I think he's great at his job. Chip Towers seems biased against UGA, not impartial. Brandon Adams is biased for UGA, but he owns it and he gets respect for that.

@Lefty13 said:

@Travisnunnally said:

I know Chip Towers and you are wrong.

A screen name allows you to say anything, true or not.

I will give chip credit for being brave enough to post under his real name.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:
    Jeff sentell is an impartial journalist, I think he's great at his job. Chip Towers seems biased against UGA, not impartial. Brandon Adams is biased for UGA, but he owns it and he gets respect for that.

Towers and Emerson are doing their jobs and deserve your respect too.

Towers will put out 4 articles in one day when a player is arrested, you can read his delight in them.
    Stay blind my friend.

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@Travisnunnally said:

Bad play, bro.

I disagree with you but respect the fact you are owning your post with your real name.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

It’s sad people can’t take even the low scrutiny level of reporting Chip Towers provides. Really **** sad. He’ll ask questions and make points. But it’s far from anything like he’s running around trying to find the smoking gun.

People are so used to **** like CNN. Where they can comfortably sit down and voila! Surprisingly, EVERY SINGLE DAY, there’s something new to rant and rave about the president we all love to hate.

And then some of these same people have to put up about with the likes of Chip Towers asking a few questions about their beloved Bulldogs . . . How dare Chip?

And what’s really messed up is the guys managing this site actually have to take these people’s opinion into consideration. It’s a for-profit organization. And there are enough of us who can’t even take basic criticism about of our interests, the DawgNation.com site has to figure out how to manage it.

Thanks guys, for making sure the media can’t be too honest with us.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Pigeons said:

@jarred_buck said:
    Towers and Emerson are doing their jobs and deserve your respect too.

Emerson was a b'itch and I'm glad he's gone. I wonder how many crybaby "Kirby doesn't give us enough access to practice" lines the Athletic will allow him to slip into his articles? He also loved to be the one to break all the arrests and give his opinion about how the coaching staff 'has' to respond with expulsion from the University banishment from the state of Georgia or any of its bordering states. Good riddence. I hope he stubs a toe every day for the rest of his life.

That’s why you hated Seth?

Because he was pushing for more access to practice so he could write more stories for us? And because he reported arrests of UGA players?

We both know you’re exaggerating with the banishment comment, so I’ll leave that out of my question.

@levander said:
    It’s sad people can’t take even the low scrutiny level of reporting Chip Towers provides. Really **** sad. He’ll ask questions and make points. But it’s far from anything like he’s running around trying to find the smoking gun.

People are so used to **** like FOX "NEWS"

There, I fixed it for you.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Travisnunnally said:

All of this is your opinion, of course.

Emerson and Towers sure do have a bunch of girlfriends on this forum.