Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    His edit has gold teeth...
  • Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019

already posted

• Options
    BillerGenieDawgBillerGenieDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Watching last year’s SEC championship Game. SMH How in the world did we lose two games to Bama when we trailed in both games combined by less than 2 minutes?

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Supports staying in the FLA for college. But, perhaps it predicts nothing.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a troll. UF has to get them in when they can. Imagine how UF will be feeling at the end of this month when Ringo and Milton commit to the G back to back. Hahaha - I can't wait to read the Gators boards when that inevitably happens!!

• Options
    WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @JKFlyfish, and hopefully Raym as well!
  • Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    The real troll job is Florida on all of the players they accept commitments from... “we are really good... (I think we got another one... ZING!!!)”
  • Options
    SavageDAWG1SavageDAWG1 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

someone on the Florida board was saying that a Clemson recruit was about to decommit soon? anyone know who it is or have any info on it

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Not sure if this is it, but Gators think that they will eventually get Bowman. 
  • Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Hmmm.  That would actually be impressive if they flip him.  Seems like quite the long shot though.
  • Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    Jdr803Jdr803 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
    https://forum.dawgnation.com/profile/dgd829

I know I’m late but I have to disagree. 1) Charlie may not be the athlete of Gilbert or Washington but he is a good athlete (I see him having a huge season) who’s a refined route runner with good hands. And I believe he’s head and shoulders above Nauta from a athletic standpoint as a reciver 2) I don’t think it matters because of how our offense could potentially look under CJC (you don’t have to deviate too far to accomplish what Kirby wants the identity of our offense to be). He likes to throw to TEs but more importantly He likes to throw to the backs. You force defenses to cover underneath which in the same way a good running game gives you 1on1s to the outside, having dangerous passing attack to the backs gives you more space and 1on1s to the TE with a LBs and S at the next level, which is what kirby wants... mismatches. (And the rest of the philosophy would still remain relatively unchanged) 3) we brought in Eli Wolf, who didn’t start last year for Tennessee because he was to small to be an in-line TE and he’s a good receiver in his own right. Brett seither has a unique skill as a receiver and depth piece, and JFitz has shown he has reload hands and has great size if he gets matched up 1on1 with a safety. 4) Todd Hartley is building his brand on how we’re going to utilize TEs and what he’s telling these guys he’s going after, if he’s misleading them long term it’s a bad strategy. But I do agree that all we have to do is show them the formations and sets they’re used in, however not using them will cost us because even though I understand your point JIm Chaney has used them strictly as inline blockers and if CJC shows the same thing why would they have any reason to believe things will change. Now this is all speculation and we’ll have to wait to see but if you just look at the tea leaves with the guys we brought in this past year and CJCs history, what Todd Hartleys selling, and just the guys we’re going after I think it points to a change in philosophy on how we utilize TEs going forward. If we wanted guys that could black there were guys more equipped than Brett siether and Eli wolf
This discussion has been closed.