Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're going to give Tom Mars a run for his money by the time the season starts

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BJ O - 2 CBs, did these go to Tenn ?

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Gifs apparently aren't working now, but if you've seen the movie you know this is funny.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But he still can blueshirt as long as he doesn't take an official visit, right?

• Options
    fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know if it has anything to do with Ricks but my understanding (rumors) is that he really wanted UGA to offer and would have committed on the spot.

It was either a realization the UGA offer was never coming and he wasn't waiting on a pipe dream, or there is a spot taken.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

My interpretation is that he could be blueshirted since he didn't take an official visit, but he would have to count against the 2020 class instead of the 2021 class (which was a working assumption some had stated when trying to figure out how to sign additional players beyond the 25 count for 2020). Of note - I believe @SoFL_Dawg had indicated that he hadn't heard any talk of blueshirting Zirkel so perhaps this rule change is part of the reason why (?)

Totally possible I'm misreading...perhaps others here can confirm/clarify?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@razorachilles

That is what the article says but the rule suggests otherwise

15.5.6.3.3 Nonrecruited Student-Athlete Receiving Institutional Financial Aid During First Year. [FBS/ FCS] A student-athlete not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.9) by the institution who receives institutional financial aid (based in any degree on athletics ability) after beginning football practice during the first year of enrollment becomes a counter but need not be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit for the year in question. However, the student-athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11, 4/25/18 effective 8/1/18)

So in 85 but in 25 for 2021

• Options
    muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To be fair I’ve noticed some A&M recruits on other posts like that saying he wasn’t going to UGA too. I guess we’ll find out soon enough

• Options
    NC_DawgNC_Dawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

SoFL Dawg was originally saying he had not heard any talk on Blue Shirting Zirkel but then I believe (do not want to put words in his mouth so correct me if I am wrong) he said a couple of weeks ago that they are trying to get him to blueshirt and he seems open to the idea. I’m not sure if that was on this board or TOS so that might be why you missed it.

This discussion has been closed.