Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Game Time Foods

BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What kinds of snacks and appetizers do you guys like to eat during game time?

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Typically don’t eat during games. Usually order something right before halftime if I’m out. Partial to chicken wings and potato skins. Nachos I love, but I have to focus on the nacho too much.

Burgers and fries also a plus. Now am v. Hungry

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@BrooklynDawg said:
    What kinds of snacks and appetizers do you guys like to eat during game time?

Pizza. Wings. Burgers. Hot “dawgs.” Chips & salsa, buffalo chicken dip or queso. My wife makes a mean cheese dip with meat in the crock pot. Geez is it football season yet???

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I bearly eat during a game: nuts, seeds, dried fruit and berries. Perhaps some potato or corn chips, or gluten free crackers.

For a big game, i will try to have ho made* hot wings, which I will try to consume a few before the game and the rest at half-time constituting my meal. (Also some joes**, which are potato strips- potato cut long ways ~ 3/4 inch thick - which are partially nuked, then placed in the oven with olive oil and Italian dry seasoning and oregano to bake at the same time as the wings.)

• ho made = home made - I make them myself -er, think what you want.
      • A place called Little Hipps in San Antonio (now closed) would sell "chicken and joes". Its joes were likely twice cooked like mine but in a pressure cooker/steamer, then the oven. Its seasoning was more salt than anything else - cannot remember.
  • Options

Depending on the time of the game depends on what I will make. Loaded nachos are a go to, pizza is a close second. If I'm out then it's bar food, burgers loaded tots, mozzarella sticks. Blooming onions are good. Just can't have them everyday.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we do a big low country boil at the house each year for the GA/FL game that is always a big hit

• Options

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    we do a big low country boil at the house each year for the GA/FL game that is always a big hit

What do you add to you boil?

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

usually go to Little Italy Pizza in Athens before home games

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pigs in a blanket are always a plus.
    Tostitos and home made cheese dip (tons of spicy sausage in it)

• Options

@BrooklynDawg said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

beer and water as the base with liquid zatarians crab boil and zatarians seasoned bags. Some olive oil and vinegar to help the peeling process

About 10 lemons chopped in half
    About 5 vidalia onions chopped in half
    Small red potato's cut in half
    Corn
    sausage
    shrimp
    crab legs
    crawfish

• Options

@brentwilson said:
    usually go to Little Italy Pizza in Athens before home games

we eat johnnys pizza on east side after a lot of games

• Options

@bmauldin said:
    Pigs in a blanket are always a plus.
    Tostitos and home made cheese dip (tons of spicy sausage in it)

hard to beat a good crockpot cheese dip. I add a little bit of beer in mine

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wings and beer are my go to on game days. Occasionally grill out some big ole ribeyes from Striplings for those guys in Oconee, y’all know what I’m talking about.

• Options

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

beer and water as the base with liquid zatarians crab boil and zatarians seasoned bags. Some olive oil and vinegar to help the peeling process

About 10 lemons chopped in half
    About 5 vidalia onions chopped in half
    Small red potato's cut in half
    Corn
    sausage
    shrimp
    crab legs
    crawfish

That's beautiful!

• Options

@jay_kubzz said:
    Wings and beer are my go to on game days. Occasionally grill out some big ole ribeyes from Striplings for those guys in Oconee, y’all know what I’m talking about.

stripplings has some great steaks, get the beef jerky there is you havent already

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@jay_kubzz said:

stripplings has some great steaks, get the beef jerky there is you havent already

I’ll have to try it out. They also have great thick cut bacon and the jalapeño poppers are to die for.

• Options

Now I'm really ready for the start of the season!

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We love to make homemade Mexican restaurant style cheese dip with chorizo. Also jalapeño poppers.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get so nervous that I’m only good to drink during the games. Michelob Ultra is the go to. Might make some home made hummus with siracha and dip veggies in it.

If it’s a late game I will grill up whatever looks good at the store on game day mornin.

• Options
    HankHank Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beer .....Enough said .

• Options
    MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We change itup every tailgate for variety. Shrimp gumbo's one and cuban sandwiches...etc.