Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Down Voting

1235»

Comments

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Ain't going to read all this crap, but I will say we have had this problem in the past and it caused a few good posters on here to take a hiatus.

However, I will say it is irrelevant and I normally look at, but ignore, those that vote me down. It normally means they are a democrat and hate it when you don't see their point of view.

What does political party have to do with anything?Good Lord!

was that a joke he was making about a political party?

Yes it was, but you see the reaction it gets from some people. Some people (like @BigDawgEatin) have attempted to make this board sooooo bland that if you disagree with them, they take it personally. They don't want true disagreement or point counter point discussions. You see who was the only one who took offense. Go ahead and give it a try.

This is a place to escape political turmoil. But, people like you just can’t get it out of your brain just for a few minutes. You can make America Great Again all you want. But remember Kirby has already made the DAWGS GREAT AGAIN AND THATS MORE THAN ENOUGH!! Just leave politics out of it or you can......

See, my point exactly... If you don't like something you can't just say "I disagree." No, you want the dissenter gone, banished, "YOU GET OUT OF HERE". I made one political reference (and it won't be my last) and you go bat s h i t. I honestly don't care rather you like it or not. Just go back to doing what you do best: posting useless crap, complaining about other posters, and DVing.

However, we do agree that Kirby is making our DAWGS great again.

Whatever buddy

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Upon further review, and now its 2 pages...

DV must have originally been set up as a disapprove/do not agree, as in -> no big deal. And the Flag was for serious matters.

I think that is how it should be used. Now if enough DVs merely shrink the comment down, then so be it. There is a flaw in the logic/human condition if a bunch of DVs gets a poster in trouble. Shouldn't work that way. Only a Flag should bring the wrath of khan on the poster.

So, everyone, please: LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS If dire consequences occur as a result of this advice, then I plead guilty of caring, okay? You can charge me with GUILTY OF CARING. And that is all..

A flag should garner attention for whoever uses it as well though.
    If somebody just wants to get revenge or has some other petty or selfish motive for targeting another poster, to me that would be worse than simply posting something a bit offensive.

That’s the bit a lot of newer people don’t seem to get. Your actions say more about you than the person you’re responding too. Downvoting just because you disagree means you’re intolerant of views you disagree with.

I don't mind either down voting or being down voted. That to me is just about a particular post. Flagging goes beyond that, it is an attempt to put a black mark on somebody's posting record.
    If it's abused the person posting the flag should be held accountable by board overseers in my opinion.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Ain't going to read all this crap, but I will say we have had this problem in the past and it caused a few good posters on here to take a hiatus.

However, I will say it is irrelevant and I normally look at, but ignore, those that vote me down. It normally means they are a democrat and hate it when you don't see their point of view.

Yes it was, but you see the reaction it gets from some people. Some people (like @BigDawgEatin) have attempted to make this board sooooo bland that if you disagree with them, they take it personally. They don't want true disagreement or point counter point discussions. You see who was the only one who took offense. Go ahead and give it a try.

This is a place to escape political turmoil. But, people like you just can’t get it out of your brain just for a few minutes. You can make America Great Again all you want. But remember Kirby has already made the DAWGS GREAT AGAIN AND THATS MORE THAN ENOUGH!! Just leave politics out of it or you can......

See, my point exactly... If you don't like something you can't just say "I disagree." No, you want the dissenter gone, banished, "YOU GET OUT OF HERE". I made one political reference (and it won't be my last) and you go bat s h i t. I honestly don't care rather you like it or not. Just go back to doing what you do best: posting useless crap, complaining about other posters, and DVing.

I make vague Kirby/Trump Russian money laundering references nobody bats an eye

BamaDawg says democrat and everybody loses their minds!!!!

BTW I have Hillary's deleted emails. Very exciting stuff. Cookie recipes, satan worship, and URANIUM!!!

FYI if they find me at the bottom of a lake with a cinderblock tied to my leg, it was against my will!!

Reminds me of the (perhaps apocryphal) story of a former Talapoosa Co. sheriff, who when asked about a dead body pulled from a lake with a concrete block tied around it, said "we suspect foul play".

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@12ed said:

@BamaDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

I make vague Kirby/Trump Russian money laundering references nobody bats an eye

BamaDawg says democrat and everybody loses their minds!!!!

BTW I have Hillary's deleted emails. Very exciting stuff. Cookie recipes, satan worship, and URANIUM!!!

FYI if they find me at the bottom of a lake with a cinderblock tied to my leg, it was against my will!!

Reminds me of the (perhaps apocryphal) story of a former Talapoosa Co. sheriff, who when asked about a dead body pulled from a lake with a concrete block tied around it, said "we suspect foul play".

Was he the Tallapoosa Sheriff who went to federal prison in the gas Colonial pipeline case ?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

Or what? Are you gonna make him get out of here tough guy?

Lol! Glad you are back, but I’m a female!

OK tough girl! That explains a lot!!!

You're posting like Danica Patrick in a Nascar race!!!! Horrible!!!

In my day a 'tough' girl was something entirely different. Not this:

More like this:

Something in addition to politics that we don't need here, regardless of the rules allowing it:

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@12ed said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

@donm said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

@BamaDawg said:

Or what? Are you gonna make him get out of here tough guy?

Lol! Glad you are back, but I’m a female!

OK tough girl! That explains a lot!!!

You're posting like Danica Patrick in a Nascar race!!!! Horrible!!!

In my day a 'tough' girl was something entirely different. Not this:

More like this:

What about this?(language warning, can't find a copy of this meme w/o the profanity)

One of those 2 pics is scary.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    @levander you’re trash and your opinion is trash.

Do I know you?

Wait, is that you Dad? Have you been drinking again?

@12ed said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Wish I remembered the password to my 12ed account

Then it hit me.

Password was..

Downvotes

All this time, all that struggle.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

That’s the bit a lot of newer people don’t seem to get. Your actions say more about you than the person you’re responding too. Downvoting just because you disagree means you’re intolerant of views you disagree with.

I don't mind either down voting or being down voted. That to me is just about a particular post. Flagging goes beyond that, it is an attempt to put a black mark on somebody's posting record.
    If it's abused the person posting the flag should be held accountable by board overseers in my opinion.

None of it really bothers me. I wasn’t trying to take a stance against down voting. A lot of times I’ll say something I know is unpopular. Then go back and look to see who down voted, but be disappointed because no one bothered to click anything.

I was just stating the obvious about down voting that I don’t think some people realize.

I see what you’re saying about the flagging. But at some point you’ve just got to have faith in the overall community. Or it wouldn’t work whether it has the flagging system or not. Even if there are a few people who don’t get it.