Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Podcasts?

13»

Comments

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@levander said:
    I’ve been listening to the Joe Rogan Experience. Apparently it’s a thing now where having a podcast is really good for a comedian’s career. And they’ll come on Rogan’s podcast and you can hear if you like them or not. Then if you like them, you can check out their podcast to see if you like that too. Rogan seems to have managed to develop himself as a kind of epicenter of all that active.

Rogan is also involved with martial arts fighting and does a lot of that stuff on his podcast too. But I mostly ignore that.

I like Rogan too. but for me it's very guest dependent. When he has a Neil Degrasse Tyson on there or some really smart guests it can be really good, and some comedians are good on there. But when he starts talking Ju-jitso or MMA my eyes glaze over. Some comedians are good but others can get a little "inside baseball" when talking about standup with him; they act like they are reinventing the wheel.

If anyone likes comedy podcasts I suggest Dumb People Town: it's a pair of twin brother comedians(the Sklars) and one of their buddies riffing on news stories that are sent into them by fans. A lot of "this could only happen in Florida" type ones. They get some pretty good guests as well. Had Patton Oswalt on last week.

agreed 100% about JRE being guest dependent

now, I train BJJ so I enjoy those guys more often than not ha. But I skip almost every one with a comedian or actor unless I happen to be a fan of that person. And I prefer JRE more when Joe talks less and the guest talks more. I have been listening to him for 6+ years and he has been doing it longer than that. Some of the gusts he gets is quite amazing

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@tfk_fanboy said:
    A few I am still subscribed to and listen to the interesting sounding ones. I had more but unsubscribed from some as the list was more than I had time for

99% invisible
    alice isn't dead
    chapel bell curve (thanks to a forum member here)
    common sense with dan carlin
    hardcore history with dan carlin
    the dave ramsey show
    freakanomics
    jocko podcast
    limetown
    lore
    radiolab
    reply all
    stuff you should know
    this american life
    tanis
    we're alive a zombie story of survival (about halfway through this)
    tumanbay

I was going to mention Hardcore History. It only comes out every 5 or more months but each episode is practically an audiobook and the archive has a good many of them. Good for a long drive. Rogan has had him on several times and they make a great pair.
    I also listen to a lot of Ringer podcasts. That's Bill Simmons' newish website. I've been reading Simmons since he was still writing for ESPN's Page 2, years ago. He's gone downhill a bit as he doesn't write anymore and tries to shoehorn a freaking Boston team into every convo but he gets good guests; Kinda have to pick and choose with him. The Ringer NFL and NBA podcasts are decent if you're into either. They also got Ryan Rusillo from ESPN and he's starting a combo pro and college football pod next week. The Rewatchables is a pretty good Ringer podcast; they pick a classic/cult classic movie and break it down.

Carlin is maybe my favorite person on the planet to listen to. And you're right, his history podcasts are not frequent but they're great. And I don't even listen to them until everyone on that topic is out. It can take a while when there are 4+ parts

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I prefer podcasts with redheads.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Dawgsauce said:

@JMFD said:
    My preference in podcasts is UGA Sports Live. Coach Donnan is a trip. I do listen to Dawgnation podcasts and watch the live videos. BA is too much of a pitch man for my tastes and I typically cant make it through a whole 30 minutes. Love Sentell and his incredible insight and info though.

Coach is always interrupting and dismissive of other takes. Drives me crazy. I can't take the whole show anymore, and I used to never miss a single one.

He does.. He's the coach though lol

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
    • Dawgnation Daily of Course with Brandon Adams
    • Go to Sound Cloud app and find the " Foot and Mouth " podcast with Kevin Butler and Jeff Dantlzer
    • Not a podcast but find 960theref on Iheartrado app . Listen mornings from 6-9 if you can and afternoons 4-7.
  • Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@jpurcell50 said:
    WNSR- The Bill King Show
    Campus Conversation- ESPN with Ivan Maisal and other ESPN writers
    Marty Smith’s America
    The Takeout Podcast with Major Garrett

I listened to the bill king show when it was called rivals radio on Sirius and just recently rediscovered it, great host in my opinion.

• Options
    NYCVolunteerNYCVolunteer Posts: 193 ✭ Freshman

OFF TOPIC: How does post gifs in here?

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@NYCVolunteer said:
    OFF TOPIC: How does post gifs in here?

Can't share that with the enemy, sorry.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior