Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Chip's article on Smart and Media

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chip better see if there is a position open at the athletic

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People read chip towers articles? Sentell only thing worth reading

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg14 said:

@MikeGriffith said:
    The reporter asked the question that many fans have asked -- he did his job. Sometimes it is the media's job to ask questions that some might consider challenging. Coaches don't always like it, and that's understandable. But fans want to know about that third-down call that didn't work out, or why this guy is starting over that guy, or why this person is on special teams -- right? I thought it was beneficial for Kirby to point out all the other talented backs that have played on special teams -- that made his case. If the reporter doesn't ask the question, Kirby doesn't have the chance to introduce that information to the discussion!

Mike, thanks for your explanation and it makes sense to me that reporters ask the tough questions to get the response and that we fans want to hear from the coach’s mouth. The problem with Chip and this article is he got offended by the response even though we all knew that question was not going to be received well. If you’re going to ask the question don’t cry about the response. Like a kid sticking his hand in a beehive then getting pissed when he’s stung.

To me, it was a lot more obvious that Kirby’s response wasn’t going to be received well by the media than a question that was something like, “Was it notable that Zamir was playing special teams when the injury happened?”

I don’t remember the exact wording of the question, but it was something innocuous like that.

But I don’t know why we as fans have to dig in and take one side or the other on this little dust up. It’s two groups working together that don’t always have the same goals. It’s not going to be smooth all the time. I see valid points made by both sides in this lthing.

• Options
    Dawg14Dawg14 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander yeah I don’t think it’s about taking sides more so about pointing out that if you ask questions that you know are going to elicit poor responses, then don’t get offended when you get a not so nice response. Not sure why you took it in that direction.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg14 said:
    @levander yeah I don’t think it’s about taking sides more so about pointing out that if you ask questions that you know are going to elicit poor responses, then don’t get offended when you get a not so nice response. Not sure why you took it in that direction.

I don't think that analogy totally works (it does partially). Sometimes questions that people don't like should be asked. That doesn't give the person the question was asked too the right to be angry just because of that. Even if someone isn't surprised doesn't mean they should just accept it.

Signed

Doesn't-think-this-is-a-big-deal